Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

Villagio beware paint job

BUYER BEWARE VILLAGIO,
I bought a new Villagio in July 2017. In October 2018 I noticed the paint began bubbling up on the exterior. I took it to the dealer I bought it from to get a cool response regarding warranty expiration. The service advisor quoted an estimate to repaint the coach at $7500.00. I emailed Renegade customer service to which they responded it was beyond the warranty period by a few months. I've never had this happen to any vehicle or RV in my life! Has anyone else out there had a similar issue? Please respond with any help or suggestions.
Rtwonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #2

Reminiscent of the old issues so many manufacturers had with delaminated fiberglass wall panels. I suspect we will be hearing more and more complaints regarding the large amount of paint used on RVs these days. RV manufacturers aren't famous for their quality control and they aren't very experienced with painting RVs either. Auto manufacturers have been painting vehicles for a long time, have a very through quality control program and they still have trouble getting paint to stick sometimes.

Good luck with getting your issue resolved.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry you got a bum deal on the RV!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:46 AM   #4

Perhaps contact the manufacture??
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:58 AM   #5

I'd contact Glenn at Renegade in CO. Supply pics and be pleasant,
ya know "catch more flies with honey" GL
FWIW mine's a '15 and frequently gets compliments on the gorgeous paint job.
trenchmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:30 AM   #6

Villagio paint bubbling

Initial response from Renegaderv was typical response. Out of warranty! Replied using the honey approach resulting in we’ll get back to you after forwarding to next level of warranty department. Awaiting response.
Thanks to all for help
Rtwonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:35 AM   #7

I was researching siding of my motorhome since it needs some repair and found Crane Composites website. They seem to be a manufacturer of rv siding and have several different composite panels to select from. Only the best grade is rated for full body paint which something I had not considered.
Seems the lower grades have too much thermal expansion when painted and this causes problems.
Don't know which panels your coach would have but maybe the builder can tell you.
Hope you get some satisfaction from the builder.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtwonz View Post
Initial response from Renegaderv was typical response. Out of warranty! Replied using the honey approach resulting in we’ll get back to you after forwarding to next level of warranty department. Awaiting response.
Thanks to all for help
Make sure you document everyone you speak to, name, time, position, etc. Also anything you can get in writing is gold. If you run into anyone else with a similar problem, then you can demonstrate a production issue or flaw, and likely get it corrected even though off of warranty. But get documentation ASAP. I would even take it back to your dealer again and get paperwork stating the original date you brought it in, their response, and that it is out of warranty.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtwonz View Post
BUYER BEWARE VILLAGIO,
I bought a new Villagio in July 2017. In October 2018 I noticed the paint began bubbling up on the exterior. I took it to the dealer I bought it from to get a cool response regarding warranty expiration. The service advisor quoted an estimate to repaint the coach at $7500.00. I emailed Renegade customer service to which they responded it was beyond the warranty period by a few months. I've never had this happen to any vehicle or RV in my life! Has anyone else out there had a similar issue? Please respond with any help or suggestions.
If I was the OP I would rethink this issue and ask a Mod to remove this discussion ASAP. At least until every avenue of recourse with the coach builder has been exhausted.
The OP is not doing himself any favor by putting this out on a public forum condemming the builder until he is sure he is not getting satisfaction.
Just my opinion.
Lynn
Old 11-23-2018, 12:14 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
If I was the OP I would rethink this issue and ask a Mod to remove this discussion ASAP. At least until every avenue of recourse with the coach builder has been exhausted.
The OP is not doing himself any favor by putting this out on a public forum condemming the builder until he is sure he is not getting satisfaction.
Just my opinion.
Lynn
Then how would he know if other owners had the same problem? He can always update the thread if they step up to address the issue.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Just my opinion.
Lynn
LOL..... OP is doing exactly what he/she should do. Who cares if the coach builder gets upset? If anything... it should motivate the builder to stop building inferior products and also make it right with the OP. Word of mouth gets around quick.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint

« GPS | Winterizing »