Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Yes you can paste it to another site. I didn't see them working at a pace that would have contributed to poor build quality. I saw them work8ng at a fast pace and being incredibly efficient. Yes they get paid by the piece but the proof is in the quality as many have stated here. I think a major reason these units have the quality they do is due to the workers being there a long time and being intimately familiar with the product they are building. Many other shops have workers that hear plant A 8s paying 25 cents an hour more and off they go. They barely get the rythm of their job down pat and they're off to the next plant
There in lies part of the problem. If the plant is just hiring a worker to do an job and not investing in the worker they are fully justified to go where the money is. That is what they feed their family with.

All of this of course is to give us the most economical unit the manufacturer can produce.

I am sure if the manufacturer could figure out a way to produced the units off shore and then move them to market they would. I expect if one looked a bit closer we would find that most units are assembled in the US with parts from around the world.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Im not so sure that would be entirely the case. Lippert builds all or most of the frames, jacks and slide mechanisms. Side walls and cabinets built in Indiana. Awnings built here in the USA. Maybe some of the cheaper plastic components are made in china but a whole bunch of your rv is made right here.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #17

Good to hear, our CC is going online the 16th of this month
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdhealy4 View Post
Thanks for your review.

Did they make any TT's at that factory or just the CC 5th wheel? Any ideas on how to tell if a specific factory has a majority of the workforce from the Amish community?
Where the CC are made, I believe its just them, and silverback 5th wheels. Not sure if they build the CC TT there or not, have never seen a TT come out of that plant.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #19

Thanks for posting this.

We just bought a Cedar Creek 36RE and while shopping for a used 5th wheel this one stood out from the rest in quality of workmanship and materials.

This one is actually two years older than the other brands we were looking at but I don't doubt that it will last way longer.
jandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I am sorry but I have to disagree with the fact of all Amish doing quality work. Yes, a lot of them work very fast, too fast in most instances. I have watched the Amish work. I have hired the Amish to work for me. I had my house re-roofed two years ago by an Amish crew. They hurried too much. I got a sub par job. I have noticed that the Amish that work quickly yet without hurrying do the best work.
Totally agree. I will never buy anything made by the Amish- from jelly to an RV. Their work ethic doesn't impress me. At least the ones here in the Ozarks. They love to borrow your electric tools, but wouldn't dare buy one. No respect for tools at all. The love to drink your beer, but wouldn't dare buy any. They love to ask for a ride to a neighbors house, but don't mind stopping in at Grandpa's for a while- while you wait in the car. I own a Forest River product, and I hope they had nothing to do with the building of it. The do not impress me at all.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:10 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They build trailers, destination trailers and toy haulers there in the same plant with cedar creek.