Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaway4002 View Post
I believe the RTA tax is 0.8% of the MSRP in the first year and then 0.8% of the MSRP reduced by the State's estimated depreciation. It is not based on fair market value (FMV).
Actually it just went up to 1.1% from 0.8%

Richard
Rickinnocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassAboater View Post
Each town has their own way to tax. If I buy a car in Olympia, tax is almost 10%. If I drive 30 miles south and purchase in a different tax area, the tax is just under 8%.
This isn't unique to WA.

We had a controversy here last year when it was revealed that the SF Board of Stupidvisors, while running a 'shop locally' campaign, was buying their city vehicles from a dealership over the bay in Alameda county.

Richard
Rickinnocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #45

You can blame the State or the legislature if you want but the transit tax increase was approved by voters handing Sound Transit 53 billion dollars to use by an appointed transit board. Those same voters are crying the blues when they get their new tabs.
Chiefblueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:05 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
I too live in Clallam county and never heard of the RTA tax, must be in King County? Out here I paid $116 for my 96 Gulfstream. Now with our new (06) Diplomat I am waiting to renew. I hope we are not subject to the RTA tax, I’ll look it up and dig in.
tc914-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:10 PM   #47

$116.75 Thurston County
1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #48

Just got my renewal for 2016 Tiffin Allegro 31A. Live in Pierce county: $1270! That’s not a misprint. Hope Tim Eiman is successful!
ajfink22120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #49

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
WOW.. looking at the map provided....that is a very large and highly populated region....Makes one wonder for what & where they will waste the money on first...
It is paying about 95 percent of a 54 billion dollar transit system or buses and railway.
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #50

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
‘05 Class A pusher current RTA $555.00
WayneGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #51

Check into registering the RV in Montana or South Dakota.
gerrygbusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:54 PM   #52

WA RTA...

We are out of the RTA areas.
Cannot imagine RTA tax going away as the Mayor of Seattle and Governor want a nice Regional Transit light rail system and want the people in the RTA areas to pay for it.
Some folks’ license tax tripled to quadrupled.
Lola1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #53

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola1946 View Post
We are out of the RTA areas.
Cannot imagine RTA tax going away as the Mayor of Seattle and Governor want a nice Regional Transit light rail system and want the people in the RTA areas to pay for it.
Some folks’ license tax tripled to quadrupled.
Western Washington has one of the fastest growing metropolises in the nation, and due to geography, one of the worst traffic congestion problems at the same time. I learned that watching disater documentaries..
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #54

We live in Kitsap County, have an Arctic Fox 29-5t, 2015 model. We pay 41.75 for license. Glad I do not live in your RTA area. Also pay 101.00 for GMC 2011 3500, Duramax
BeemanRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:44 PM   #55

Hi again to all reading and responding to this post; Chiefblueman makes a very valid point. I don't hold on to all the reading material that comes when it is time to vote. I do read the pamphlet and it is sometimes can almost put me to sleep! My recycle bin is always hungry and I need to keep it fed. I can't remember, maybe someone here can. I do not remember the voters pamphlet on the RTA Tax drilling all the way down to the exact method with examples and the true cost of how the RTA along with the state was going to calculate the excise tax on your vehicle license! If it did, and to this day I understand that method is one that was thrown out by the STATE, if voters had read all that was printed and understood what was going to happen, IMHO I don't think we would be asking questions about RTA tax on our license tabs. To me that was apparent when vehicle owners got their first renewal. Why did a big bomb go off and everybody was hunting down their legislators to ask them, well, I can't print that here! I know this post is about how the RTA tax affects tab costs for RV owners! Let's not forget that they also raised our sales tax and property tax along with the tab increase. The RTA board who overseas this is not elected by the public, they are appointed and do not have to answer to the voting public, as so I understand. I do find it hard to fathom how ANY RV DEALER in the 3 county's affected by this can make a sale when the paperwork is drawn up and a potential buyer gets down to the bottom of the purchase agreement and looks at the TAX and LICENSE line. That total, to some of us, is a nice vacation somewhere that is nice and warm for quite a few weeks in an upscale resort! That is my 2 cents for the day on this subject. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:52 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning Mike & Mary; Just curious, in your signature it shows your location as University Place and Fircrest. These locations are inside the RTA boundary's. We are looking to move out of the RIP OFF ZONE and are curious where you found someplace outside the boundary's. Just asking and understand if you don't want to put that info out in this forum. You could send me a private message if you want to. I do applaud your move, for what ever reason, to not let the state and the RTA to rob you of your hard earned money just because you want to have fun and travel owning an RV. Thanks in advance.
We live outside Gig Harbor across the TNB and outside RTA. It is a nice area also the sales tax is less outside the RTA.
rfguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tags