Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #1821

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
We did the unexcusable, we stayed 3 nights at the same Wal-Mart. Rolled in Sat night, asked permission and when we went to put out the slide, it went very slow and stopped. Hydrolic fluid on the left rear. Called around and got somebody to come on possibly Sunday. No show, but would be there Monday morning, No show, then got somebody else to try to repair the split hose. Needed a portable crimper. I had jacked in the front slide most of the way. (a real back breaker for an old fart). He put on the "repaired" hose and we got both slides in with a lot of leakage. We were so tired and stressed out, we decided to just stay the 3 rd night rather than start out at5:30 PM. Great adventure. My second time staying 3 nights, but I missed the first one as I was in the head the whole time. We are just leaving the slides in as we will be going straight back to Florida from Berlin,. OH and will just get it repaired there. The broken hose is way under the rear bed. I have no way to winch it in.
Being a good Wally Docker you cleaned up the fluid spill, right??
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #1822

National RV Owners Club
Since I suggested a pic contest on Wally Dockers a ways back I have not seen one parked at our local Walmart to snap a shot of. Wonder if it's a Utah thing to not park there?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #1823

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
He said in his post, that he had spoken to the RVers that did not believe they needed permission. #1800 Only 200 till lock down!
So someone's going around sticking their nose in what is between Wal*Mart and what they allow on their property?
There's too much meddling like that already in this world!!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #1824

Quote:
Being a good Wally Docker you cleaned up the fluid spill, right??
I actually worried that the EPA was going to come and arrest me. When the guy came to fox the high pressure hose, we laid down quite a few rags and placed them in a plastic garbage sack. I am sure there was a lots left though. I figured the rain would wash it down the storm sewer into the nearby creek and kill the endangered snail darters there.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #1825

Quote:
We have stayed a Wal-Mart the last 4 nights (4 different ones) and it has gotten down to 41 degrees. I have to run the generator to charge up my AGM batteries to run the propane heater fan as well as my sleep apnea machine. Probably doesn't save that much money, but it sure is easy. One night, we had somebody in a tag axle Fore Travel run his generator all night and also had spotlights on all four corners of his rig. Strange.
Couple of times I have stayed where it was over 80 at night and myself and others ran the generator all night and some of day (while park away from others). Then I figured 10 hours at half gallon of diesel per hour was over 20 bucks. Could have stayed at basic campground, but in this case the only one near was a trash heap.

Southern California
Old 06-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #1826

We we have to run the generator to run the AC, what we do is leave it on and go to bed around 10 PM. The first one that gets up to use the bathroom, turns it off. It is an expensive was to save some money for sure. This is why we love Passport America. We have been gone for a couple of months now and have spent over $3500 on fuel which included the truck toad. We have a 4 wheel drive truck and have put nearly 4,000 miles today. I needed it for sure today when following a sign for Amish handmade baskets up a long, dirt road. I was a little scared even with the 4 wheel drive, I now have mud and horse apple all over the underside of my truck. Well, as they say, horse apples happens.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #1827

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
We we have to run the generator to run the AC, what we do is leave it on and go to bed around 10 PM. The first one that gets up to use the bathroom, turns it off. It is an expensive was to save some money for sure. This is why we love Passport America. We have been gone for a couple of months now and have spent over $3500 on fuel which included the truck toad. We have a 4 wheel drive truck and have put nearly 4,000 miles today. I needed it for sure today when following a sign for Amish handmade baskets up a long, dirt road. I was a little scared even with the 4 wheel drive, I now have mud and horse apple all over the underside of my truck. Well, as they say, horse apples happens.
Lindsay how's the trip going? We leave for 2 months in Maine on Saturday. Mike
Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #1828

Our trip is going good. Slides got stuck out at Wal-Mart on the weekend. Have a split hose in a very bad spot in the floor under bed and base of motor home. Got it fixed and broke again right away. We are in Ohio Amish country now and it is great. Heading for Florida in about a week. You will love Maine. Stop in thrift store and get a large lobster cooking pot and cook your own. Do it outside to avoid smell? Nothing better than live lobster you cook yourself and much cheaper. They go in head first then put lid on so they don't come out. You can buy them right off the boat. Very scenic there. We had dinner with an Amish family tonight. WOW was it good. Yellowstone was nice. Avoid the big cities on the way up and see the Amish country around Lancaster, PA. If you go to Mount Desert Island, stop at Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound on way. Hard to find boondocking in Maine. Good Luck.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #1829

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDWINGER2 View Post
Any WalMart employees out there reading this? Has to be one. How about stock holders?
J
I don't work for wall mart, but I know an employee of the one in Lake City, Fl and I asked her if anyone ask about parking. She told me that in all the time she has been there, no one has come in and ask her for permission to park but several campers park there at night.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #1830

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron

IMO after reading all the pros and cons more that don't will try a night.
True. 30 years of RVing and never stayed at a walmart. We've got a trip coming up and will try a walmart one night on the way to our destination. Already called the store and got the ok.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #1831

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Our trip is going good. Heading for Florida in about a week.
Maybe by then we will have cooled down a little ! It's been in the upper 90s here in central Florida the past couple of weeks.... Oh, our local WallyWorld (Leesburg) has signs prohibiting overnight parking.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #1832

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
..... 30 years of RVing and never stayed at a walmart. We've got a trip coming up and will try a walmart one night on the way to our destination....

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAA

This thread has now served its purpose.....

A 30 year non-wallydocker is converted!!!!

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAA
Old 06-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #1833

Send a message via MSN to Pghwizard Send a message via Yahoo to Pghwizard
Well here is my deal. I'm heading to a friends place at Lake Erie for the fourth. I called 3 campgrounds, all full cause it is the fourth. I plan to go to his place for the 4th and that night ditch in the local Wal Mart. The next days I am told there will be no problem getting me in a camp site... I'll be there.

I'm damn happy to be able to stop the night at Wal Mart!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #1834
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
I believe if there are no prohibitive signs it should be ok to park for the night, especially if there are other Rvs already parked. Couldn't hurt to go in and ask if you are unsure and would like peace of mind that you are fully welcome to spend the night.
If you want to park overnight in a Walmart parking lot, the corporate policy is that you must obtain permission from the store. This applies whether or not you see any signage relating to overnight parking, and it applies whether or not there are already any other RVs parked in the lot.

Not all Walmarts which disallow Overnight RV Parking have signs to that effect in the lot -- in some cases, it's a local ordinance and signage isn't required for enforcement.

Some Walmarts have set a maximum number of RVs that they want in the lot at one time, and you don't know until you ask. And you don't know whether those RVs are there with permission or not.

Please always obtain permission from a person in authority before parking overnight in any retail parking lot!
Closed Thread

Tags
camping