Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #2073

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy y'all,

Do they sell Prevost at WalMart?? Is that why there were so many there?? Whatz a Prevost, anyway; just an old Continental Trailways glamoured up!!!
Also, too whutz a Swift Taylor< a Canadian sportz car??

Wallyworld parking swings!!!!!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #2074

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
A blonde decides to try horseback riding, even though she has had no lessons, nor prior experience. She mounts the horse unassisted, and the horse immediately springs into motion. It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but the blonde begins to slide from the saddle.

In terror, she grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip. She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the horse's side anyway. The horse gallops along, seemingly impervious to its slipping rider.

Finally, giving up her frail grip, the blonde attempts to leap away from the horse and throw herself to safety.Unfortunately, her foot has become entangled in the stirrup, she is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground over and over.

As her head is battered against the ground, she is mere moments away from unconsciousness when to her great fortune... Frank, the Walmart greeter, sees her dilemma and unplugs the horse.

And you thought all they did was say Hello.
Yours is my Favorite Post so far,it reminded of my Bro who passed Mar 2007.Dan had a 5th and loved to travel when he wasn't Teaching at Golden Gate Baptist Seminary,but at retirement slowed down because of Heath,but he Loved those "BLOND 'jokes and probable is laughing in heaven now ove this one I Loved it and it make the Wal Mart forum worth while.

Thanks Darrell Boling
Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 AM   #2075

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Here's some photos of the six slide Tuscany. He took in one slide but sill has five out and his trash is still there.
This is Damon Tuscany 4056 yes it has 6 slides and the Lay out is Like 4 seperate rooms,really neat and the 4055 Tuscany has 5.The 4055 takes the driver side front and middle and makes into 1 therefore changing it a little allowing you to close off the front room with a door,double if I remember.Powerboatr has one and likes I have 5 and Like we both like the rides and the ideal of more like a small apartment.I first show layout on PC to wife she didnt like,but when we saw one on show room she said this is it.
All this too say I wouldnt put down Jacks,but like someone else said they do have traveling Managers who over see many stores for Wall World and I hope that what you took Pic's of and I do use WM when neccary and I'm brokeHA!HA!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #2076

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRVer View Post
Best to get using that 'unlimited plan' you got...just read a few days ago that Verizon will be 'capping' those plans pretty soon!

I've heard the most they'll offer is 5GB's...

On a side note, I'd like to know one thing:

How can a Wal-Mart NOT own the very parking lot any RV'er would want to use for any amount of time? I was pretty certain that the land used for the parking lot was also included in the land used for the actual physical building?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Many Walmarts are simply leases -- Walmart doesn't own the land or the building. So, if the landlord had some restrictions on use in the lease, it would affect what the store could do or say about overnite camping.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #2077

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
We were in the Wallymart in Watertown,NY and found 14 Prevost's parked there. Being curious, I asked one of the drivers if they couldn't afford a campground. He said no because these things cost so much. He went on to say that all of the buses were owned by Taylor Swift and they were for her show staff. They were headed to Canada where she was going to perform.

The staff weren't in the buses because they were going to fly on her Falcon 50.

We got a tour of one of the buses, totally different from a normal Prevost. They had bunks for 12 people each so if anyone wants a good bunk motorhome, they are it.
Last year while heading out west to the National iRV2 rally I ran into Joe Perry's Prevosts parked at a Flying J in New Mexico. Martha and I spent the better part of the evening talking with the driver and checking out each others rigs. We also got some nice freebies to bring home.

I guess that just proves that you can meet nice people at either Wally world or Flying J.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #2078

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Shoot, ought to make that two giant slides, one on each side! Next thing you know, someone will figure out how to make a slide within a slide so you can pop out the bow window that's on the kitchen slide or the living room slide...

(And really, really annoy the people who don't want you putting out your slides in the WM parking lot.)

liz
See the Monaco Dynasty (Majestic)...It has a slide-in-a slide model.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #2079

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
Last year while heading out west to the National iRV2 rally I ran into Joe Perry's Prevosts parked at a Flying J in New Mexico. Martha and I spent the better part of the evening talking with the driver and checking out each others rigs. We also got some nice freebies to bring home.

I guess that just proves that you can meet nice people at either Wally world or Flying J.
Met Hank Williams Jr., in 1989 while he was on tour.
We were having a very late dinner at a roadside family restaurant in Beaumont, TX when his Prevost pulled in.
The place went country crazy! My waitress lost her mind, forgot about us! I've never been much into Country Music, but the bus was to die for. Hank and the crew were all cool and down to earth. I got some zzz's in the lot while Hank and Co hit the highway.
J
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #2080

Winnebago Owners Club
I wouldn't mind paying $5 or so to hook up to power at a wall mart over night, they could make extra money that way.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #2081

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Shoot, ought to make that two giant slides, one on each side! Next thing you know, someone will figure out how to make a slide within a slide so you can pop out the bow window that's on the kitchen slide or the living room slide...

(And really, really annoy the people who don't want you putting out your slides in the WM parking lot.)

liz
Ther is one already, I think it opens to 4' and one with a balcony with sliders.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #2082

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Another reason to spend the night at Sam's place...

Old 07-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #2083

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
We were in the Wallymart in Watertown,NY and found 14 Prevost's parked there. Being curious, I asked one of the drivers if they couldn't afford a campground.
Well I hope you didn't actually ask the question exactly that way. I can tell you that if I were parked at a WalMart and someone ask me a question like that, my response would be how about minding your own business....how about trying that for a change.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #2084

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was advised by a member on here. if I was to ask what may be taken as a rude question as the two previous posts are discussing. I should only ask after providing the person a glass or two of scotch.
Pat
Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #2085

I shop at WalMart get my supplys because I save money then go to
a koa or closest campground and PAY to camp for the night,have water
elect and I can dump in the morning befor I travel to next campground
and feel good that I helped a campground keep running,I think Wal Mart
will always be there.
that is why I brought a 5th wheel to camp at campgrounds not at
Wal Mart If they charged $40. a night would you still camp there
Old 07-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #2086
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Another reason to spend the night at Sam's place...
Yeah, but you need the specialized plug that comes with those electric cars to hook into the receptacle. Now if someone could manufacture & market a 50a to EV or 30A to EV adapter they'd make millions with all the folks that O/N at WM.

Lori-
Closed Thread

Tags
camping