Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #2227

Vintage RV Owners Club
Speaking of WALMART OVERNIGHTING related lawsuits, and pay me no mind if this has been discussed already...
What think you all about those people that shot and killed a guy in a Utah Walmart parking lot and are now suing the company for "Mental Anguish"?
(FYI):Here's a link to the news story from when they filed the suit last year over the incident.
It happened when they were overnighting at the store in 2006: Family sues Walmart over intruder in store lot | The Salt Lake Tribune
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #2228

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was at the Ocala Florida walmart last week and heard a Walmart employee tell ywo walmart managers a man was by the garden area asking people for money. The two managers said they would look into it. About one hr. later when I left the store the man was still asking for money. I don't think the managers want to get into anything outside of the store. This store has a roving guard also.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #2229

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Speaking of WALMART OVERNIGHTING related lawsuits, and pay me no mind if this has been discussed already...
What think you all about those people that shot and killed a guy in a Utah Walmart parking lot and are now suing the company for "Mental Anguish"?
(FYI):Here's a link to the news story from when they filed the suit last year over the incident.
It happened when they were overnighting at the store in 2006: Family sues Walmart over intruder in store lot | The Salt Lake Tribune
Nice. There is a wacko in the parking lot you are in. Call the cops, notify Walmart and get the heck out of there.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #2230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
In honor of my hundreth post, and apropos of ALMOST nothing...
Sometimes it's really really hard to even FIND a Walmart, no matter how experienced you are at searching!
A post just now led me to search "the net" and here're the "results":

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find walmart
Suggestions:
Search on Google:
"

Now I ask you...
If Google Chrome can't find Walmart, how much luck can an amateur like me expect to have?

Francesca

P.S.
That's #100!!!
Somebody look!
Am I a "senior member" now?

Francesca
Google Chrome can't even find it's OWN search engine half the time, how is it going to find all those Walmarts?? LOL!! I've been monitoring our urban Walmart for RVs and all I've been seeing is a disreputable van parked in the same place during the day. I haven't been in lately to ask if it's allowed. I HAVE seen several RVs parked at the Cabelas near the highway, though. Probably the best choice...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #2231

Damon Owners Club
I stay at lots of Walmarts as I travel with showdogs and arrive late -shop- and leave early. Don't put out anything but what is necessary- bedroom slide. I park out of way usually along side away from others as much as possible. I would never put out an awning unless raining and then just to get dogs in and out. Some areas such as Arizona don't allow parking. Signs are posted if so. Once a security guard said I couldn't park there but told me an area I could go to.
As I am usually by myself I consider this safer than rest areas and quieter than truck stops
I hope others are considerate so we don't lose this parking. I try to thank the WM people when I go in
Old 07-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #2232

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by a10koaksfed View Post

So, by her definition, if you purchase something, in a store, you should be able to wear it-- in that store.

Yep, Wal-Mart is going to really miss having her, as a customer. That Billion dollar profit is going to slide by that $50 a year she spends there!! THAT showed them honey.... YOU GO GIRL!!

Sheila
Old 07-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #2233

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgmar View Post
I stay at lots of Walmarts as I travel with showdogs ......
WELCOME Ridgmar!!

I show dogs too. There are a number of crazy dog-show people on this site!

Hope that you enjoy it here and post often.

You don't happen to show Rhodesian Ridgebacksdo you? Wondering if your handle was related to your dogs

Sheila
Old 07-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #2234

Damon Owners Club
No I show westies. That is my kennel name for a ridge above the land in Scotland where I got my foundation dog. Also was living in Ft Worth area at the time and that was the name of area street and mall. What part of country are you in.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #2235

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
you cant run the genset in a Wall Mart parking lot can yo u, you have to use battery right?
Why not???? I run my genset when I'm at Wally World, Flying J, or a roadside rest area....
Old 07-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #2236

Quote:
Speaking of WALMART OVERNIGHTING related lawsuits, and pay me no mind if this has been discussed already
It has been discussed but only once and this thread is all about repetition That guy who is suing Walmart should be arrested and charged for endangering his two kids and perhaps murder. He had to know someone knocking on his door was not a good situation and by opening the door put his kids in grave danger. Most stories are not what they seem. I bet he only opened the door after getting his gun and doubt there was any kind of struggle.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #2237

Vintage RV Owners Club
I wonder if the four year lapse between the shooting and the lawsuit was how long the investigation took...
There were lots of questions at the time, but the only (living) witnesses were of course the family.
Not much the system can do without witnesses.
So-
It's not enough to get away with it- now they're shaking down Walmart???
Sure do wonder what's happening in the lawsuit.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #2238

That's why I have a NRA sticker on my door.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #2239

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by a10koaksfed View Post
Like Austin Powers said "That's a MAN, baby!!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #2240

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgmar View Post
No I show westies. That is my kennel name for a ridge above the land in Scotland where I got my foundation dog. Also was living in Ft Worth area at the time and that was the name of area street and mall. What part of country are you in.
Very cool! Like how you chose your kennel name I imported two of my dogs but not as far away as Scotland. It's the one place, outside of the US, that I have always wanted to visit.

I am in the great Pacific Northwest, specifically Washington State. Lived all over the country and just love it here!

Sheila
Closed Thread

Tags
camping