Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #2381

Freightliner Owners Club
"NO" dont shut thread we havent reached 3000 yet and if you dont like Wal Mart rest stop then go pay to rest 6 or 7 hours.

Paid to much to Wally World over the last 44 years of Marriage not to take advantage of their Wanting RV's for free security!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #2382

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'm 40 or so pages behind on this thread, can someone give me a summary on Walmart Parking?
I just got caught up also ,not much has changed . Still have the self appointed Walmart parking police patrolling most of the lots.

I just left my Walmart, I did not take my rig...It's only half a mile away. But I plan on staying in one tonight in the Ocala area . And I will try my new
Jefa Tech WiFi repeater to see how many FREE WiFi's I can get. If the wind blows right I can pick up the Mcdonalds WiFi from my Walmart from the house. This thing works great.

Gotta go and get caught up on the Thread Killer site...

Wayne
Old 09-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #2383

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
"NO" dont shut thread we havent reached 3000 yet and if you dont like Wal Mart rest stop then go pay to rest 6 or 7 hours.

Paid to much to Wally World over the last 44 years of Marriage not to take advantage of their Wanting RV's for free security!
NO we must never shut this thread
since political chat isn't allowed this represents are expression of all things not allowed and like everything else in life if you dont like it change the channel
brianj
Old 09-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #2384

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
NO we must never shut this thread
since political chat isn't allowed this represents are expression of all things not allowed and like everything else in life if you dont like it change the channel
brianj

Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #2385

The last time I took my 5er to the dunes, my house got broken into. Pretty obvious that I was gone with my 33' 5er and 2500 Dodge Ram not in their usual spot. Lost a laptop, camera, and digital camcorder. Medicine cabinets were ransacked looking for drugs. I had the good stuff with me.

Been thinking about parking my MH and enclosed at WM, riding my Segway home and sitting in my rocking chair(if I had one) with my unmentionable across my lap and waiting.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:05 AM   #2386

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The last time I took my 5er to the dunes, my house got broken into.

Been thinking about parking my MH and enclosed at WM, riding my Segway home and sitting in my rocking chair(if I had one) with my unmentionable across my lap and waiting.

Why would you sit there with women's undergarments on your lap? :
Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #2387

Dump this thread and go for the new one about canceling threads. Its got to be more interesting that this W/M one. SO much has been repeated on W/M thread it's dying for lack of new adventure.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #2388

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Dump this thread and go for the new one about canceling threads. Its got to be more interesting that this W/M one. SO much has been repeated on W/M thread it's dying for lack of new adventure.

Well put something New into this thread Wayne,Fix it after all your an MD

P.S. NO! Close!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 AM   #2389

Is that No! Don't close it or No! Close it?

Old 09-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #2390

If any of you think that parking in a WM parking lot is tacky or unsightly, just look at all the diapers laying around the parking lot. Some people are just pigs.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #2391

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Sorry if this further deteriorates your image as an rver. Perhaps you should get your self a " I don't camp at walmart" sticker and put it on your bumper. This might help.
Now that's funny I don't care who you are
Old 09-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #2392

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here is a great phrase to learn and then practice "Give up the need to be right.

I'm sure many of you can remember an argument with the DW or DH about something truly silly. By truly silly I mean something that has no lasting if any effect on life. The car was red no you're wrong it was blue. Remember those types of arguments. Well this is one of those kind of arguments.

Life get's so much better when you learn to give up the need to be right on silly stuff.

I haven't as yet stayed in a parking lot, just doesn't fit my current plans. We like to hook up and take in the scenery. If I felt I was too tired to go on, I would certainly take advantage of a parking lot or rest area. Better safe than sorry. I plan our trips to be off the road by 6ish and back on the road by 8ish.

The most powerful argument I've read here for staying at Walmart is if Walmart doesn't mind why would other RVers care. I assume it's just because they have the need to be right or just need to complain about something.

I really think about half the statistics in here on the pro and con side are made up just to support their arguments.

My only opposition to parking at Walmart would be if it's truly illegal, don't like law breakers regardless of the law they are breaking. I think they are saying to the rest of us I am better than you and these laws don't apply to me.

I live in Anchorage, AK, it is my guess we are the RV rental capital of the free world. Down the street from one of the more popular rental places is a Walmart. In the summer time it looks like an RV showcase. Still plenty of parking left over for their customers. I assume these people are in the Walmart buying tons of stuff and food. Good for Walmart and good for the local economy.

Personally I would pick Costco or Cracker Barrel (have you tried their bacon mmmmm).

So my advice give up the need to right when being right doesn't change anything. If you like staying there and the manager doesn't mind, then stay there, if you don't, then don't. Seems awfully simple doesn't it.

So do you like Ford or Chevy, chemicals in the black tank or water, slides out first or last, pro or anti 2nd amendment, Navy or Marines.

Life is to short to create 170+ pages about Walmart.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #2393

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The last time I took my 5er to the dunes, my house got broken into. Pretty obvious that I was gone with my 33' 5er and 2500 Dodge Ram not in their usual spot. Lost a laptop, camera, and digital camcorder. Medicine cabinets were ransacked looking for drugs. I had the good stuff with me.

I couldn't agree more. Go get em. Unfortunately they never seem to come back when you have it in your lap.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #2394

sdennislee, I like your post about WM parking. Some people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about.

Just go to any site that has reviews about a product and read some of them. There could be 100 people that love a product, but there will always be one poster that hates it or call it junk. Always. Try it and see for yourself. Go to Walmart, Amazon, HD, Lowe's, Sears, etc and pic any product, i.e. lawn mower, lamp, 2X4, whatever. They must like to see their reviews online.

You're probably right about waiting for an intruder. If it happens again, I'm putting bars on my windows.

Closed Thread

Tags
camping