Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #3459

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Looks like the "Wally World" thread is slowing down..... Lets see if we can "breathe some life" back into it...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #3460

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you park on the left side (facing) the WM in Chehalis there's a Starbucks right across the street and you can get WiFi in your rig and walk over for coffee too. We've only stayed there one night when a snow storm closed I-5.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #3461

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
If you park on the left side (facing) the WM in Chehalis there's a Starbucks right across the street and you can get WiFi in your rig and walk over for coffee too. We've only stayed there one night when a snow storm closed I-5.
One thing I love about my wifi mast is I can point it at any business with free wifi and after visiting and getting the token to activate it, I can do my browsing from the comfort of my little rolling home . Now, if Walmart just had free wifi that propagated outside the store.... Oh man, I'd be in love .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #3462

Oh My Gosh - I can't believe this thread is still going...... actually could it be a yarn now???
Old 01-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #3463

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Man View Post
Oh My Gosh - I can't believe this thread is still going...... actually could it be a yarn now???
If it is, it's a dashingly good yarn, I will say! Perhaps even a Ripping good yarn!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #3464

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
One thing I love about my wifi mast is I can point it at any business with free wifi and after visiting and getting the token to activate it, I can do my browsing from the comfort of my little rolling home . Now, if Walmart just had free wifi that propagated outside the store.... Oh man, I'd be in love .

Just a thought: Consequences of Stealing Internet Connections | eHow.com

http://www.cracked.com/article_19450...lizing-it.html

Hows that for injecting some life while parked at Wal Mart?
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
Old 01-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #3465

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
Not stealing it if you complied with the requirements to legally use the network, i.e went in and got the "token" via a purchase to get access to the wireless network.

Very few Starbucks have free internet at all these days, most are partnered with Qwest (now centurylink) or AT&T for their hotspot services.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #3466

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
If Sam was alive I bet he would go around being a Wal Mart greeter at some of his stores.
When he was alive, he DID. He would frequently pilot his own company plane and make little-notice stops to his stores. The manager would get a call to pick him up at the airport. My mom met him at the Kissimmee, Florida store, since closed when they opened up the Super Walmart down the street. He sat in a rocking chair with a name tag that said simply "Sam".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #3467

When Walmart opened, Sam wanted everything to be "Made In America". He must have died of a broken heart.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #3468

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Qwest (now centurylink) or AT&T for their hotspot services.
Qwest and AT&T in the same sentence with service.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #3469

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
When Walmart opened, Sam wanted everything to be "Made In America". He must have died of a broken heart.

Because of our laws on Pay Wal Mart couldn't afford and we couldn't buy the things we want because they would cost way too much.I don't like it either,but that is what happen's with Min pay?We force our producer's out!No Sam wouldn't like it but he would do the same and by the way Sam flew in too little old Palestine Tx and visited years ago,a Pop.of 15,000.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #3470

When Sam died, Wal-Mart had a program called "Bringing It Home to America," in which they encouraged American manufacturers to bid on their open contracts, accepting a certain premium and including shipping costs. The program died after Sam died.

By the way, there is free wi-fi at all Home Depot stores, too.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #3471

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hate to get into an arguemnt about econimics, but has anybody been to China? When you go into a Chinese shop, they don't accept dollars, they don't want dollars. they don't spend dollars. They use Yuan. So what do the Chinese do with the dollars that they receive from us? They spend them. And where do they spend dollars? America. The same can be said for Japan. Saudi Arabia, etc. Yes, I have a pony in this race. (see my name) Yes, I am selfish. But the truth is those dollars come back to America and put Americans to work. If you used to be employed making cheap crummy consumer goods, I have empathy for you, but the Chinese do that cheaper. So prepare yourself, and get a job at Boeing, IBM, Microsoft, GE, or one the many American exporters. Or better yet, invent something the Chinese want. There are over a billion Chinese, and they are ready to do some serious buying. Americans who are ready can get rich, (or at least work for a company that is getting rich). Those who ring their hands and whine will fall by the wayside. Every time I see chinese junk in a WM, I think job security for me.
Oh, and I wouldn't think of stealing internet connection at Wal Mart or anywhere else. If I were going to start stealing, I'd head for the chicken display. So many chickens, so little time.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #3472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I hate to get into an arguemnt about econimics, but has anybody been to China? When you go into a Chinese shop, they don't accept dollars, they don't want dollars. they don't spend dollars.
Okay

Quote:
They use Yuan. So what do the Chinese do with the dollars that they receive from us? They spend them.
They don't spend dollars, but they spend dollars. Got it.

Quote:
Invent something the Chinese want. There are over a billion Chinese, and they are ready to do some serious buying.
They copy everything we make.

Just jackin' with ya Boeing.

Closed Thread

Tags
camping