Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro5 View Post
... Folks, its a Grocery store, not Yogie Bears!
Naw, It's WALLY WORLD Campground!!! with a really well-stocked campstore! Neatly "landscaped" with well marked campsites.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #450

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
Over the past week I have been watching a fellow camper who has been parked in a former Wally World parking lot.

The new Wally World Super Center is across the hwy and he has been parked in an unoccupied stores lot for about a week now.

No slide but the jacks are down, the portable dish has been installed on the ladder, the chairs are neatly placed next to the BBQ and he has several truckers stopping by to keep him company.

I think he found a great place to stop/camp/visit for a very good price!

He certainly is not bothering anyone and I hope no one bothers him.

You never know, he may be a "Bucks Limited" camper who needs a break!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #451
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You may want to stop by and see if he may be security for the new owner of the property!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 07-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #452

it is a great place to get some rest and go shopping when dinner is in the oven. no prob. with parking and don't have to unhook, no need for hookups and save some money
Old 07-08-2010, 06:05 AM   #453

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak View Post
it is a great place to get some rest and go shopping when dinner is in the oven. no prob. with parking and don't have to unhook, no need for hookups and save some money
You have hit the nail on the head. I can go three to four days without the need for services. All I really need is a place to eat dinner, spend the night, and have a quick breakfast in the morning before getting back on the road. I purchased my MH to be self contained and not be dependent on services between destinations.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #454

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I stopped by to visit the fellow parked for the past 10 days now this morning.

His name is Vern and he is parked there looking for work in our town.

He doesn't have Internet in his coach and knew nothing about this forum but he does now!

I showed him this thread on my iphone and we had a good laugh! I asked him why he chose that spot and it was suggested by the local police as a good safe place to park as the store was vacant and chances are, no one would bother him.

Except me!! He was is a happy camper this morning as he has a return trip to a potential employer later today.

Good Luck Vern!!

He brews a mean pot of coffee too!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #455

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by idenphones View Post
I stopped by to visit the fellow parked for the past 10 days now this morning.

His name is Vern and he is parked there looking for work in our town.

He doesn't have Internet in his coach and knew nothing about this forum but he does now!

I showed him this thread on my iphone and we had a good laugh! I asked him why he chose that spot and it was suggested by the local police as a good safe place to park as the store was vacant and chances are, no one would bother him.

Except me!! He was is a happy camper this morning as he has a return trip to a potential employer later today.

Good Luck Vern!!

He brews a mean pot of coffee too!
This has been the best post I've read on this thread.

I said a little prayer for Vern and pray he finds employment.

I hope you check back in a few days on Vern and see how he is doing. Of course please let us know also.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #456

idenphones-
Great job!! That just goes to show that things are not always as perceived! I'm glad you stopped before the Walmart police say him, who knows where this thread would have gone if that had happened. Hope you're able to give us a report later as to how he made out. God bless you and he both!!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #457

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had to make a trip to the Depot for some guy goodies and as I was getting off of the hwy I could see my new friend Vern in the parking lot in the former Wally World parking lot.

He seemed to be a little busy shuffling things around so I went to the Depot first and then hit the Tim Hortons drive thru for a couple of coffees and a few donuts that I am not supposed to have.

As I was getting out of the truck he walked up to me and with a little bit of a smirk on his face said " What did you say to them?"

I didn't say anything to anyone but as the fear of Vern was getting to me (he is much bigger than me!) I said what happened?

I don't think that I have ever seen a bigger smile on ANYONE before tonight!

He got the job and starts Monday!! Vern is a welder with lots of time under his belt but the company he worked for went belly up a few months ago. No final pay, no pension, not even a thank you!

So now he is headed back home tomorrow morning to get the DW and find a place to live down our way.

Fortunately, he owns his house and has some savings left and he is sure he will be just fine now.

I know of the place that he got the job at and those guys are always busy so I imagine things will start to look up again.

By his own admission, Vern is not very computer savvy but he promised to get his daughter to help him get signed up on this site when they get settled down this way.

I warned him that he had better do it as I now know where he works too!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenphones View Post
I had to make a trip to the Depot for some guy goodies and as I was getting off of the hwy I could see my new friend Vern in the parking lot in the former Wally World parking lot.

He seemed to be a little busy shuffling things around so I went to the Depot first and then hit the Tim Hortons drive thru for a couple of coffees and a few donuts that I am not supposed to have.

As I was getting out of the truck he walked up to me and with a little bit of a smirk on his face said " What did you say to them?"

I didn't say anything to anyone but as the fear of Vern was getting to me (he is much bigger than me!) I said what happened?

I don't think that I have ever seen a bigger smile on ANYONE before tonight!

He got the job and starts Monday!! Vern is a welder with lots of time under his belt but the company he worked for went belly up a few months ago. No final pay, no pension, not even a thank you!

So now he is headed back home tomorrow morning to get the DW and find a place to live down our way.

Fortunately, he owns his house and has some savings left and he is sure he will be just fine now.

I know of the place that he got the job at and those guys are always busy so I imagine things will start to look up again.

By his own admission, Vern is not very computer savvy but he promised to get his daughter to help him get signed up on this site when they get settled down this way.

I warned him that he had better do it as I now know where he works too!
GREAT JOB!

And one of the nicer things this thread has produced - you are a good ambassador for the group!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #459

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you Ray. I thought about Vern more than once today and again my prayer for him was answered. Thank you, thank you for making this rather mindless thread a wonderful story of hope.

I sure hope Vern follows up on becoming a member of the forum.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #460
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It is absolutely amazing what a little friendliness can bring forth.

Thanks, thanks a lot.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #461

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up

I'd like to add my thanks for what you've done and doing the follow up. I like true human interest stories that have a great ending like that. Thanks for posting your experience.

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #462
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for, 1 stopping by and meeting Vern 2 for posting of the experience, 3 for telling him of iRV2.com and to join us and 4 for checking back up on him to find that he is going back to work. Great job!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Closed Thread

Tags
camping