Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #4929

If you fire up the grille, at least offer to share with the security team............

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #4930

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181
This obsession with putting slides out or not is uniquely one RVers' notice, probably not the general public or even Walmart management. I really doubt that someone not familiar with RV equipment would notice (or freak out) that an RV has slides extended. Even jacks down would not be noticed, unless the unit was jacked up into the air noticeably. Putting out awnings, lawn chairs and a grill, well that's excessive for what is supposed to be an overnight stop, not a destination.

I think a lot of this is a tempest in a teapot that is our own making.

This^^^^^^

I've only been RVing for a year. RVs were never on my radar before and I never noticed one in a parking lot. Even now I find myself looking for them (because of this thread) and rarely see them. When I do see them they are parked well away from everyone, minding their own business...while they walk the dog, BBQ, put out their slides and awnings, throw red solo cups all over the parking lot, have their music blaring and 5 big screen TVs with college football, pro football and NASCAR playing on them.

Ok, the last part was just inspiration from the thread. If I do see someone doing that, I'll buy them a case of beer just for having the stones to do it....from a nearby gas station of course. ;-)
Old 09-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #4931

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ooooh, so you've never seen the square dances and rodeos yet? You have to look for RVs in a circle. They do this if there is going to be some big event inside the circle. Am I right Walmart campers?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #4932

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They're probably setting up for the WallMartian style show to display all the latest classy dress you can see today at your local WallMart

Glenn
Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #4933

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
they walk the dog, BBQ, put out their slides and awnings, throw red solo cups all over the parking lot, have their music blaring and 5 big screen TVs with college football, pro football and NASCAR playing on them
Littering and loud music bad.... everything else hurts no one.....
Old 09-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #4934

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
You probably figured right A retired trucker buddy warned me never to park my rig in a truck lot. He's seen guys slash trailer tires, stuff like that, and said it didn't matter much whether the space was needed. So much for Knights of the Highway!
I've never heard of that happening, in 35 years of trucking. Not saying it couldn't...

I have, personally, asked a motorhome owner to move to the front lot in a truck stop in Montana that had very little truck parking, but a big lot in the front.

There is a nightly shortage of truck parking in the eastern US somewhere in the range of 30,000 spaces. It can create real problems.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #4935

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mrbllanche, I'm glad you spoke up being a trucker. These trucks stops are big places. I am sure from what I have seen, there would be plenty of space besides the actual truck lanes for an RV park. During the evening, car traffic on these highways are down, so there are not as many cars, and almost every place I've stopped for fuel has a place for RV's and busses to park.

I really found it hard to believe that truckers would slash tires. I'm sure it could happen, but 99.999% of the time, that will not happen.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #4936

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think I'll write a book on this. The title will be RVing at Wally World. Who know's, it might be a number one seller.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #4937

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey, you might have something there, it's the number one thread here, I think.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #4938

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
I think I'll write a book on this. The title will be RVing at Wally World. Who know's, it might be a number one seller.
Especially if you have a comments section.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #4939

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
Awning out at noon on South side, interfering with no one.

Slide out in evening, interfering with no one.

Just sayin'...................
This is a good example of RV'ers who made sure cranking out the awning and the slide would interfere with no one. Now, what is wrong with that?

It's the ones who park in the middle of other parking spaces and do this that I think may be abusing the privilege.

Don
Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #4940

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We can't walk around the foot of the bed with the slide in because it butts right up to the dresser so if we can do something like the above photo we put it out. If not I crawl over the bed.

Still have not spent the night at a Walmart though
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #4941

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
This is a good example of RV'ers who made sure cranking out the awning and the slide would interfere with no one. Now, what is wrong with that?
Nothing however most of the complaints about "slides out" had nothing to do with physical interference, as much as giving the illusion that you are not camping when slides are in
Old 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #4942

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoTris View Post
This^^^^^^

throw red solo cups all over the parking lot
Wait a minute, are you telling me someone threw away a red solo cup. Shame on them. A red Solo Cup is more than a cup. It's a friend.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping