Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #4957

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Found this posted on the Tiffin RV Network today. If it has been posted here forgive me but I'm not going to read back through all the posts to find out.

Wal-Mart Parking Lots Are A Virtual Magnet For Crime

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #4958

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
Found this posted on the Tiffin RV Network today. If it has been posted here forgive me but I'm not going to read back through all the posts to find out.

Jon

That settles it...I'm not leaving my patio furniture out any more.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #4959
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I would imagine some are and I have seen some I would not stay at, but I never had a problem.

Quote:

Jon

Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #4960

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:

Jon
Sorry, anything worth more than a nickel is a 'virtual magnet for crime.' Some people behave badly, whether near Walmart or Sax Fifth Ave. I'm not going to let that deter me from stopping for a cheap overnight in a Walmart lighted, security camera monitored, parking lot.

Notice the link was to a person selling security services. He surely doesn't have any reason to make people fearful and buy his services, does he?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #4961

Certainly not been my experience. I did find it strange that the only web resource he cited was Wake Up Wal-Mart which has been an anti Wal-Mart website for several decades. It is operated by the largest grocery store union that has been trashing and marching against Wal-Mart and fighting their new stores. They are very slanted and post some really weird stuff on their website. Mainly he talked about one incident. They have also been incidents of murder and rape at campgrounds or for that matter the recent shooting at the theater.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #4962

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

That settles it...I'm not leaving my patio furniture out any more.
Darn, there goes my hopes for a "new" set.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #4963

I stay overnight a WM. I pull in, go in get some ice or something to eat, or even use the facilities to have a quick wash and ..er... well take care of busines. Yes I am cheap. Im on the road for the ride, not the destination... and you meet the nices people there. BTW many campsites dont want bikers or BikerRVers in thier site... wait till I get my new MH.
Now I do pull my side out, otherwise I cant get to the living room or the bed.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #4964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gank View Post
I stay overnight a WM. I pull in, go in get some ice or something to eat, or even use the facilities to have a quick wash and ..er... well take care of busines. Yes I am cheap. Im on the road for the ride, not the destination... and you meet the nices people there. BTW many campsites dont want bikers or BikerRVers in thier site... wait till I get my new MH.
Nice setup. A Goldwing?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #4965
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:

Cool rig!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 09-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #4966

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:

Now THAT is cool!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #4967

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice rig ! and looks like roughing it nicely, but where is the 50 amp for the two ac's ?!?!?

I'll bet most of you are not in the south talking about walmart parking without ac
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #4968

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I didn't bother reading the article knowing that every Wally I overnighted at had surveillance cameras taping what goes on in their parking lots. Not exactly a great place for crime IMHO. However petty criminals are a bit stupid but then again they would know about the cameras and the tapes.
Willey
Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #4969

Monaco Owners Club
Walmart the biggest box store in the world is a magnet for crime

signed yours truly

security strategies.... one of which is to paint walmart a crime zone to get a contract
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #4970

Ford Super Duty Owner
I guess curiosity got the best of me so I read the article. Well a sad story for sure, and not the first person killed at a Wally and likely the last one will become second last and so on through time.
That is why we have Gabby with us all the time, at home and in the RV.

She weighs in at around 110 lb. is 27 inches at the shoulder and counting the tail over 6 ft long. She doesn't like people aproaching us or touching her property. In her opinion, what's ours really belongs to her including us.
Cheers
Willey
Closed Thread

Tags
camping