Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #5167

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
i can't believe we are even talking about parking in a parking lot after all the yrs spent to re-store a rv and not in a woods in a rv place all good with nature. This thread goes against everything rv'ing is about.a cheap really dumb move to even be in walmart.

Look,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,one more time.................walmart owes you nothing.........wake up!!!. Rving??..............sure.......sure.

......wake up america....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #5168

Given the fact THIS SITE is about RV'ing,to camp in a parking lot of any retail store isn't camping.That does not represent what this site is about and certainly goes against all I believe in Rving. I think this thread should be locked.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #5169

It's a place to spend the night or rest on the way to a camp ground or other destination.

At the top of the page, there is thread tools. If you don't want to get any more notification, you can un-subscribe.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #5170

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I like to go to Walmart just to check out the RVs. I get very disappointed when I go there and there are none in the lot. It's very boring without them.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #5171
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The reins on this thread have been loosened up a bit for content but we seem to be getting personal in a negative way with some of the posts being made.

A word to the wise.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #5172
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
I like to go to Walmart just to check out the RVs. I get very disappointed when I go there and there are none in the lot. It's very boring without them.
You would have been really disappointed this summer out West. Even the most experienced Wally guests were in Cg's during those 100+ degree days. We hit 35 of those days in a row.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 09-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #5173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
I mentioned to the Manager at the Palm Springs W/M that I just loved what they have done with the parking lot!

Wow, the Palm Springs WM is a beautiful destination. I could spend a week there with those tropical islands outside my RV windows. Does the place get full?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #5174

Quote:
Given the fact THIS SITE is about RV'ing,to camp in a parking lot of any retail store isn't camping.That does not represent what this site is about and certainly goes against all I believe in Rving. I think this thread should be locked.
Yeah Dunner nailed it.

Against what this site is about?

I thought the site was about RV'ing, not driving a sedan and sleeping in a Motel 8, even if Tom Bodett did the light on for me.

When I drive till 10 or 11 pm and all the campgrounds are long since closed, where pray tell should I stay if not in a Flying J or Wally World parking lot?

Or should they just pass a law saying you can't travel further than 500 miles from your residence with an RV, that way there won't be any issue with over-nighting?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #5175

Do y'all realize more people have read ALL of this thread than read ANY of the bill that gave birth to the Affordable Care Act? Now that's one case where I would have supported a partial birth abortion!

This is being written from my TT parked in the local WM, so it has to be on point, right?
Old 09-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #5176

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hmmmm, I think someone on here is trying to "Abort" our right to park at Walmart for free.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #5177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Yeah Dunner nailed it.

Against what this site is about?

I thought the site was about RV'ing, not driving a sedan and sleeping in a Motel 8, even if Tom Bodett did the light on for me.

When I drive till 10 or 11 pm and all the campgrounds are long since closed, where pray tell should I stay if not in a Flying J or Wally World parking lot?

Or should they just pass a law saying you can't travel further than 500 miles from your residence with an RV, that way there won't be any issue with over-nighting?
If you put yourself at risk.............remind me who's fault is that again??.

Sooo basically your saying your not able to plan out a trip so you stop in time to check into a camp site??. To use your RV as it was intended for camping. Can't see the logic in that. Oh,by the way,my dog always ate my homework too.

Be honest.You intended all along to impose on W/M. That sir is not camping and is a very poor representation of RV'ers.

With that kind of thinking,you got me wondering about you going down the road driving a 8,000lb weapon.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #5178

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Yes your 100% correct about this site, but this thread at this site is about "Over Nighting" at a Walmart and there are lots of reasons to do so for lots of people.

I am tickled that the Moderators allow the display of humor found in this thread even if it does stray a bit now and again off topic. It is the most enteraining and enjoyable thread I have found on any forum covering any subject matter.

Like someone else pointed out, if this thread is not your cup of tea, please unsubscribe yourself and let the rest of us enjoy the banter and good humor as well as the finer points of Wally Docking for a night or two.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #5179

Quote:
We all have to be tolerant and respectful of how others camp.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #5180

Fleamarket guy,

You obviously have no understanding of what is going on here. This is a bunch of people enjoying the fun you can have on the internet. Considering your disdain for what is being said here I would agree with a earlier poster that suggested you might want to check into blocking this site. That should make you happy and for sure you would make a lot of us happy.

Jim
Closed Thread

Tags
camping