Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #5209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
Well I'll start of the new day. I'm not stopping at Wallyworld again. Ever!

They were just plain rude. I stopped and parked next to all the palm trees lined up next to the garden area because it gave me some shade. I did run over a few other plants but what the heck, Wallyworld can afford it. After putting out the slides, awning and jacks I made a drink and got out my lawn chairs. I then noticed a power cord attached to the fountain so I got out my 3 way and hooked up my coach and turned on the air. Ah, life is good. I then saw a picnic table that looked good so I pulled it over and set it up. I figured it would be a good place to hold my grill. The wife brought out some hot dogs and I started grilling. Darn things burst open spilling grease everywhere and the smoke was unbearable so I grabbed the hose laying there and put it all out and made another drink. I didn't think the blacktop would burn.

The next thing you know some snotty nose kid with a Walmart tag comes by and asks "what are ya doin?" I tell him I'm camping what the heck does it look like I'm doing? He gives me a dirty look and leaves. I had to make a double to calm my nerves.

Since the food was ruined The DW called in the store to see if they would bring out some fried chicken to us. Nope, no way! What? Here we are their guests and they won't even bring out food? I gave them a piece of my mind
and made another drink.

The next thing you know some "manager type" comes out and says we have to pay for the picnic table with all the grease on it and we have to leave! Well let me tell you I told him so shove it and I'm not leaving until I talk to his manager or the owner of the store. The nerve of some people,
I had to make another drink

Awhile later some guy shows up in what looks like PJ's and tells me to leave. No employee card, no suit no nothing saying HE was the manager. I tell him "I was born at night but not tonight". Buzz off
and I made another drink after waving my 357 at him.

I then put on some rock and roll on my outside speakers to ease the pain and made another drink but a bunch of stuck up RV people came by and complained. Seems they like to go to sleep at 11pm so I guess they can wake me up at 10am with all their loud noise and nonsense.

The next thing I know the cops arrive and arrest me! Now I know my rights and so I tell them Sam Walton invited me! They don't seem to care... They probably don't even know who Sam is...

The cops also made a BIG deal out of me dumping my tanks in the grate next to my MH. I told them that those grates are for drainage and believe me my tanks needed draining. (idiots)

I've never met more inconsiderate, rude and un-agreeable people in all my life. So that's it for Wallyworld for me. From now on I'm going to camp somewhere else!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #5210

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not criticizing anyone... I'm just smiling and eating my popcorn......
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #5211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Had me until the 'iPhone 5'... Can I skip that part? Please? I promise to party a little harder in the Wally parking lot and open a littel flea market the next day!
I had to hold the reader's attention until the end. It's just my writing style.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #5212

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Yours too??
Yes, and I miss her dearly.....
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #5213

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Another successful walmart stop at the Mitchell, SD Walmart Supercenter, wonder who this fellow is? They've got an iRV2 sticker .

Attachment 26867

Attachment 26868

So far, I've stayed in 3 pay use rv parks, 1 free rv park, 1 rest area, 3 nights in front of a friends house visiting, 1 night at a fellow NATCOA members home, and the rest of the nights have been at walmarts, with the exception of the night before last, I stayed in the wall drug lot that is by the tracks and behind the Badlands Bar.

Right now my allstays app is set up to list truck stops, rest areas, dump stations, overnight parking spots, and walmarts.
Wow, there's a lot of lawn at that WM. I could set up bean bags and badminton and still have room for the family reunion.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #5214
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Just a reminder folks.

Keep the rules in mind when posting.

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #5215

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
I'm not criticizing anyone... I'm just smiling and eating my popcorn......
I knew that. Just gave me a chance to use that saying!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #5216

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I knew that. Just gave me a chance to use that saying!
however a sheepish grin could be considered criticism
Old 09-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #5217

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
I still believe all of us represents all RV'ers and to camp out in a retail parking lot is a cheap low level life style that if you want to regain you own pride and get back to what RVing is all
Please don't tell me a mature person doesn't have the ability to plan out a trip's stops to camp grounds.That is childish ill-logical nonsense.
We only overnight at Wal-Marts to mingle with the common folks.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #5218

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMinflorida View Post
We only overnight at Wal-Marts to mingle with the common folks.
Thanks, RM...

When you come over for a "Howdy", it would be nice if you had an extra 'cold one' in your hand. Maybe if I know your intentions, I won't be so 'quick-on-the-draw'.

I love this thread... who says "it's ALL been said"!
GWinger
Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #5219

I think it's great that WM allows overnite camping. My problem has been getting the tent stakes driven through the pavement. Any advise on that?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #5220

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I think it's great that WM allows overnite camping. My problem has been getting the tent stakes driven through the pavement. Any advise on that?
Go into the hardware section of Walmart and ask them for some good concrete anchors this should work good on ashphault..... and if you have slides dont put them out or they will no you are camping...
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #5221

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Go into the hardware section of Walmart and ask them for some good concrete anchors this should work good on ashphault..... and if you have slides dont put them out or they will no you are camping...
I'd got to shipping / receiving and borrow a whack of wooden pallets that way you are dry if it rains and you don't have to pull all those stakes to get your tent folded up again. Besides the surplus could make for a good evening weenie roast type campfire.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #5222

I'm really enjoying this thread. I have only had the opportunity or need to stay at WM campground twice. Both were good experience. I for one would rather stop at WM and rest rather than drive this 12,000 lb machine off the road because I'm tiered and kill someone.

The last one we used we stopped at a mall beside at to have dinner at the food court. Before we got out of the unit the mall cop was knocking on the door to inform us that we could not park there over night. He was very rude. We drove to the WM bought our food and cooked it. The mall lost out on the money we spent

Tags
camping