Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #5335

How about 12/20/12. Right before the end of the world.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #5336
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
How about a contest...pick the date this thread hits 500 pages...I choose 12 May 2013.
That's going to vary by member. A member can choose to view 10, 25, 50 or 100 posts per page. For those who've chosen 10 posts per page, it's already passed the 500th page.

Lori-
Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #5337

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
HUH?
are you confused I cant keep repeating myself.... ok I can........ slides in or slides out that is the question.... anything else is off topic....... but who really cares.... as long as we type the word Walmart now and then....
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #5338

Entegra Owners Club
Oops!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #5339

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
How about a contest...pick the date this thread hits 500 pages...I choose 12 May 2013.
April 27 2013
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #5340

There were comments about the Law Enforcement Officers making you move your vehicle if you were sleeping. I thought it was against the law to drive drowsy. Can you be made to break the law? If you are driving and stop to rest. (avoiding an accident) and you are requested to move on, Who would be at fault? If at a WallMart, and asked to move on by the store police or by a local law enforcement officer, would they be responsible for you driving drowsy?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #5341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
There were comments about the Law Enforcement Officers making you move your vehicle if you were sleeping. I thought it was against the law to drive drowsy. Can you be made to break the law? If you are driving and stop to rest. (avoiding an accident) and you are requested to move on, Who would be at fault? If at a WallMart, and asked to move on by the store police or by a local law enforcement officer, would they be responsible for you driving drowsy?
My guess - if a WM employee asks you to move because you're trespassing or parked against policy (consistency) I'd say WM is on solid ground. If a LEO makes the demand even after being told you are too sleepy to drive, his employer may have some liability. Or not.

Or sue WM anyway. There are, what, a third of lawyers employed full time as fishermen and would sue a ham sandwich. OTOH, rest stops often forbid sleeping. Can't say I've heard of any states being sued because a trooper booted a trucker. But it must have happened, I'd think. Maybe someone has had such an experience at WM or knows of a case.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #5342

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Keep a flask with Crown Royal in your hip pocket,cop tells ya to move take a swig and say "officer I've been drinking and need to sleep it off" make sure the keys are not in the ignition.It might work,then again it might not
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #5343

Monaco Owners Club
You would always have the option to run shotgun with the tow truck driver while your coach is on the hook....
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #5344

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwhit View Post
Keep a flask with Crown Royal in your hip pocket,cop tells ya to move take a swig and say "officer I've been drinking and need to sleep it off" make sure the keys are not in the ignition.It might work,then again it might not
Not sure down there but up here if you have the keys in your possession you are considered to 'have care and control' and could be sited for DUI. Too easy for the local constabulary to toss tickets around to achieve that non existent quota.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #5345

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Not sure down there but up here if you have the keys in your possession you are considered to 'have care and control' and could be sited for DUI. Too easy for the local constabulary to toss tickets around to achieve that non existent quota.
Thanks for the tip! If I ever come up there and find myself in that situation I'll hide the keys in the same place I hide my guns!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #5346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat
Had one that was going to throw me out of a rest area in PA. I told him I was to drowsy to drive and pulled in the REST area to rest. He told me he would be back in 2 hours and I had better be rested by then.
Guess I should have rested in a Walmart parking lot.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #5347

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
Had one that was going to throw me out of a rest area in PA. I told him I was to drowsy to drive and pulled in the REST area to rest. He told me he would be back in 2 hours and I had better be rested by then.
Guess I should have rested in a Walmart parking lot.
What does he tell truck drivers that, by law, have to have rest breaks.

It's called a "Rest Stop" for a reason. Not a "Break Stop"

Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #5348

Quote:
Troopers do it all the time. There are, according to most estimates, something like 30,000 too few safe parking places for trucks in the eastern portion of the U.S. on any given night. California is a prime offender, too. "Yeah, we want your freight. Now get out of town before we arrest your for sleeping."

This has actually been addressed to some extent in "Jason's Law," part of the new transportation bill, requiring increased truck parking at the expense of those who benefit from it, mainly businesses.

http://jhlrivenburg.com/cgi/wp/

One of my favorite signs, before the first rest area westbound into TN on I-40: "Welcome center ahead. Trucks prohibited."

Walmart was the (losing) defendent in a major lawsuit that inspired PATT, Parents Against Tired Truckers. That is one of the reasons they're tolerant of trucks parking in their lots at night. And, if they allowed trucks, they saw prohibiting RV's was kind of hypocritical, even though most of the time, RV's can park in all sorts of places that would run out trucks.

Sam's Club locations, by the way, are much more likely to prohibit anything but Walmart trucks.

Tags
camping