Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #533

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is the kind of community friendliness and service that made Wal*Mart the largest retail store in the world. Wal*Mart is a open store that invites invent community.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Cheapskate!
And you say that like it's a bad thing...

I prefer the word... FRUGAL!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenphones View Post
I have an app on my iphone that gives the location of all of the Walmarts on a map that changes with your location.

The address and phone numbers are also included so you could call ahead for reservations

I believe that it was free on the app store.
Call ahead for reservation. LOL
Old 07-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #536

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
And you say that like it's a bad thing...

I prefer the word... FRUGAL!
Cheapskate, Frugal, don't matter much to me, I like it so I'm gonna do it anyway

Hi Lorna I notice the HD cart in your avatar, also in a previous post. I came across this at a Wally in Quebec, thought you'd be interested

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #537

Larry Geese: How many people have been assaulted or robbed at a WalMart lot by parking in dark spots? Not too many dark spots on those lots. I'd wager that the crime rates are generally pretty low nationwide on RV's on these lots. Probably greater dangers occur at Rest Areas where more thugs seem to congregate daily. I've had more panhandlers on rest area spots than on WalMart lots. Anyone have crime reports on this subject?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #538

Monaco Owners Club
Not saying this couple were parked at a Walmart but just a little wakeup call for us all. A Canadian couple ( BC) traveling in their motor home on route to visiting their daughter never made it to their destination. The motor home was found burnt to the ground, toad was found at a different location and the couple in their late 70s missing. 100 Mile House Free Press - Missing Alberta couple’s vehicle found
Old 07-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #539
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lorna,
You have to know the background for Jim and I. It was not meant to be a derogatory remark (except for Jim) for those who camp at Wal-mart. If you look under our names and see "Texas Boomers Club," it says it all. I subsequently spoke with Jim and although he did not agree with me, there was laughter. Everyone should know that since he is a "newlywed" his money strings are a lot shorter.

Having said that, I would have a problem in Wally-World. In order to watch television I have to put out the 12' or so driver's side slide. Although I can get into bed by crawling, without the passenger slide being out, it would be a lot more comfortable if it were out. So, parking in a parking lot where there are restrictions on one slide or the other is not an option for me, except in an emergency.

Jim, glad you are saving money for your next trip.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #540

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wal*Mart RV Membership They have the best ready-to-go setup for RV'ers.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #541

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I'm already a member in "Camp Wally" It's called Sam's Club!

They provide merchandise discounts like GS or KOA..

Fuel discounts like FJ,

And offer me an inexpensive place to rest from 8pm-7 am...

I renew my Camp Wally membership every year...
Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #542

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh my! Wayne calls me a cheapskate and Lorna jumps to my rescue, thanks Lorna. I am cheap. How else can I give my bride all those gewgaws and trinkets of affection?

Wayne, if you have a park host like Ms Eva was at the Memphis Wal Mart, she'll direct you to that nice treed area where you can put your slide out so you can watch the Disney channel for some r&r from dealing with "citrus".

My only complaint was with the bright parking lot lights and the dang security vehicle that came by every 15-18 minutes...all night long. We actually had a little visit at 3:30 when Roxie decided she "really" needed to go outside. Nice man he was too. He said sometimes people come at night when its cooler and wax their vehicles in the parking lot. Dang bright lights!

I hate to read about someone disappearing anytime but after reading the newspaper account, the motorhome was found burned in a campsite not on a Wal Mart parking lot. There was no mention of Wal Mart in the article. It appears they didn't even buy fuel at Wal Mart. I hope they will be found safe and soon.

Safe travels...
Old 07-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
I'm already a member in "Camp Wally" It's called Sam's Club!

They provide merchandise discounts like GS or KOA..

Fuel discounts like FJ,

And offer me an inexpensive place to rest from 8pm-7 am...

I renew my Camp Wally membership every year...
Have you found that the folks at Sam's Clubs seem to be uncommonly happy for you to park there? I prefer Sam's Clubs over Wal-Marts... better pizza! And I can get it already baked... unless I want ribs or that yummy rotisserie chicken!

For years my mother told me I was "stubborn" and she was "tenacious"... the difference? "Stubbornness is a fault, while tenacity is a virtue".
But it seems to be that being a "cheapskate" is a fault while being "frugal" could be considered a virtue.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #544

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Have you found that the folks at Sam's Clubs seem to be uncommonly happy for you to park there? I prefer Sam's Clubs over Wal-Marts... better pizza! And I can get it already baked... unless I want ribs or that yummy rotisserie chicken!

For years my mother told me I was "stubborn" and she was "tenacious"... the difference? "Stubbornness is a fault, while tenacity is a virtue".
But it seems to be that being a "cheapskate" is a fault while being "frugal" could be considered a virtue.
I prefer My English Grandmother's translation, Thick, and Thrifty !
Old 07-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #545

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I hate to read about someone disappearing anytime but after reading the newspaper account, the motorhome was found burned in a campsite not on a Wal Mart parking lot. There was no mention of Wal Mart in the article. It appears they didn't even buy fuel at Wal Mart.
Yes the motorhome was found burnt to the ground in a campground. The campground has no record of this couple checking in. I was not suggesting this had anything to do with Walmart ( sorry to disappoint you ) We can all exercise caution where ever we park because there are sychos out there.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #546

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm not sure about your "disappointing me" comment but that's beside the point. You made a post in a parking in Wal Mart thread about a couple disappearing so it would be natural for us to think these people disappeared while parked in a Wal Mart. Some readers don't bother to go to the links to get the complete story.

I agree, we need to always be aware of our surroundings.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping