Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #5671

Vintage RV Owners Club
Here we go again...and right on time, too!

Gettin' comfortable...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #5672

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Here we go again...and right on time, too!

Gettin' comfortable...
I know Francesca, here I am contributing to this joke of a thread. This oughta bring out all the ones who feel they have a God given right to camp for free at Wal Mart, awnings , slide out, BBQ and all .
Denver, Colorado
Old 10-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #5673

Hold those thoughts, I need to run to WalMart to get some more popcorn.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #5674

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Heading on towards elkhart tomorrow, got delayed a day due to rodent damage to the vent line to the gas tank.
'Bout an hour away...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #5675

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I am now back and our local Walmart manager tells me there are NO none nada neign nyet Rules about what you can and cannot do while you overnight in an RV. Ours closes at ten pm and reopens at eight am and these none rules still apply.

If the security people have a problem with you or your RV he is authorized to call the RCMP and have them remove you. So I feel that if our local manager and the managers of a few Walmarts across North America I have talked to are OK with us being there, slides out and all, then I will not be worried about the Wallydocking Wannabe Pretend Police.

Francesca, please pass the popcorn, I forgot to pick some up.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #5676

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
I know Francesca, here I am contributing to this joke of a thread. This oughta bring out all the ones who feel they have a God given right to camp for free at Wal Mart, awnings , slide out, BBQ and all .
Or those that think they have a God given right to tell others what they can do on someone elses property!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #5677

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
This oughta bring out all the ones who feel they have a God given right to camp for free at Wal Mart, awnings , slide out, BBQ and all .
We have been here all along. Did you think we were hiding in the closet how do you park at Walmart? slides in etc?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #5678

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Each to their own! Fully loaded RVs are bought for a reason. If we park at walmart and we want to camp for the night in our comfortable RV what's wrong with it? One thing is for sure, we park way out away from the store, secondly - WHY DO YOU THINK WALMART MAKES BIG PARKING LOTS? They loves us RVers simply because we spend a few hundred bucks and in exchange, they let us sleep and rest our feet from spending a few hours walking their CONCRETE floors. I think personally that is fair. I am serioulsy thinking of committing to a one year hike around the US using ONLY WALMART. Anyone interested in joining?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #5679

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
If you would like to sign up for Colorado Kay's Wonderful Wilderness Wallydocking Wander please sign up here. Dates and starting location and times TBA.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #5680

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
repost ... repost ... repost!!
Ask and you shall receive. I have never had a problem but can only park in 24 hour Walmarts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4290612web.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	28540  
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 AM   #5681

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I think it was to throw some fuel on the fire to ensure this thread continues.

What time of year would one start a year long Wallydocking Wander? What direction would one start? Oh, all the possibilities. Do you separate the slides out from the slides in on this great caravan? Do you have rules to keep the wannabe police happy? Never mind wont happen as a group, too many rules already. Sigh.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #5682

Great post Max49. The vocal minority continues to ruin it for the rest of us with their selfish minority. They think this is funny and most probably rarely even use Wal-Mart, They seem content with trying to teach others that their selfishness is the way to go.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #5683

Monaco Owners Club
Camping at Walmart and adhering to WALMARTS rules is not being selfish. Sticks and stones.

ps not so sure we are the minority. maybe we should take a poll.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #5684

Talking to the $9.50/hr clerk and thinking you are following their rules is selfish and the fact remains that more and more Wal-Marts are being forced to ban parking by the cities where they are located. Parking rather than camping is not hard. Making a fool of one's self is very easy and leads to little politicians banning us in the future. I have seen it happen in my own town and know it happens. Thinking you can do whatever you wish and telling the new folks to do it too makes no sense and is why many Wal-Marts are off limits. Thinking it through is easy, being stubborn and do whatever you wish no matter the consequences is easy too.

Tags
camping