Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #603

Monaco Owners Club
I think any dog will bite giving the right circumstance. This past weekend I was bit by a dog ouch it hurt. The dog was injured and I was trying to carry him ( he didn't like that much) This happened in a campground but for the purpose of staying on subject, the campground was near a Walmart.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #604

We went on a 2 week holiday and stayed at Walmarts 3 times with our popup. First night, first time we ever have done it, we asked the manager for Ok, she told us where we should park and we opened up and went to bed. All was quiet except for the road cleaner and some kids blowing off some firecrackers in the middle of the night. I heard somebody hell "Idiots! don't you know it's all on camera?"

Next time was uneventful except for noisy streetcleaning machine.

Third night when we went to the first Walmart it didn't feel right so we went to another part of town and rest was uneventful.

Rest of our trip was at campgrounds, either private or public such as state parks.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by willeyb View Post
:d:d:d

And i also don't advertise this sleeps in front of the door

cheers
willey
i had a newfie for 9 1/2 years. If anyone broke in he'd lick them to death! Unless they threatened my kids!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #606

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My camping buddy just arrived to join us on our next adventure in RVland. Somehow the subject got around to Wallmart camping and he said that on their last trip they stayed a couple of times at Wally World because of proximity of what they wanted to see and no convenient RV sites. He said that in the one in Edmonton there are campers parked there with skirting so he figures management isn't in a hurry to kick you out of the lot.
The one here in Port Alberni has turned into a Honest John's Used RV Sales lot. The front of the parking lot along highway 4 is wall to wall RV units looking for new owners.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #607

My newf weighed 180. People used to come up to us when we walked him amazed they let you keep bears in the city!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #608

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Walmart and our dogs?

Thanks Willie B on the congrats on my new puppy, he is 9 wks of age and bigger than the poodles already, cleans up every food bowl with anything in it (food from Walmart ) his feet are huge, but he is so funny right now. When I hold one of the girls he wants me to hold him also. When he was smaller , no problem but now he is a lapfull but I try,, It is probably too hot in Texas for a Newfi but they look great.
Have a Blessed day !

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #609

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCanada View Post
We went on a 2 week holiday and stayed at Walmarts 3 times with our popup. First night, first time we ever have done it, we asked the manager for Ok, she told us where we should park and we opened up and went to bed. ~~~~Snip ~~~~
WOW! in a popup, from not too long ago I recall a thread posted by a newbie asking if anyone actually overnighted in a popup at a WM. I can't recall that anyone answered that they did, but there were lots of negatives (from the WM police). Nice to know there's at least one honest person. Thanks for posting your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlabow
i had a newfie for 9 1/2 years. If anyone broke in he'd lick them to death! Unless they threatened my kids!!
The link I prev. posted states "although being kind and gentle they will protect when necessary" when they sense a threat they will protect (even a miniature poodle will)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlabow
My newf weighed 180. People used to come up to us when we walked him amazed they let you keep bears in the city!
Thankfully ours is under the 120 our RV is only 24ft (she takes up the whole kitchen to sleep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENSLOWPOKE
but now he is a lapfull but I try,, It is probably too hot in Texas for a Newfi
Hmmm Gabby was 3 1/2 mo when I took her home. DW was snoozing in her chair and the gabber jumped into her lap, wonder if that was what started the tongue lashing.

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #610
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We're getting with the pet discussion.

Let's get back on topic.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
We're getting with the pet discussion.

Let's get back on topic.

AMEN.................
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #612
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
"Welcome to Walmart!"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #613

I was happy to see 3 HM's and 1tt parked at the local Super Wally world this evening!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #614

We went on a 2 week holiday and stayed at Walmarts 3 times with our popup. First night, first time we ever have done it, we asked the manager for Ok, she told us where we should park and we opened up and went to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
WOW! in a popup, from not too long ago I recall a thread posted by a newbie asking if anyone actually overnighted in a popup at a WM. I can't recall that anyone answered that they did, but there were lots of negatives (from the WM police). Nice to know there's at least one honest person. Thanks for posting your experience

LOL, it was me who posted the question. I camped at WM anyways.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #615

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCanada View Post
LOL, it was me who posted the question. I camped at WM anyways.
More power to you, I hope your experience is an incentive for other pup owners to do the same. All summer there has (and still are) a fleet of popups and various other types of RV's on display at our Wally, they are there 24, 7 or until sold. There are overnighters there too. I guess the point I'd like to make is "Does it really matter if they are occupied or not", it is still popups parked in a Wally parking lot
Last summer we did a 2 month duration trip, stayed at lots of Wallys and street overnights (not one CG visit). At the Wal Marts I found it very interesting, people were overnighting in everything except motorcycles and tents, cars stn wagons mini vans you name it and I bet I saw an example.
I believe it was Winnipeg (or Regina) Wal Mart that one enterprising young couple in a car, was plugged in to the power receptacles used (block heaters) for winter parking. They had a stereo going and a small light. They said they also heated a little water for coffee. I think they thought I was security so they chatted with me.
There really are no set down rules, but like you I ask and use common sense .

Cheers
Willey
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #616

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
More power to you, I hope your experience is an incentive for other pup owners to do the same. All summer there has (and still are) a fleet of popups and various other types of RV's on display at our Wally, they are there 24, 7 or until sold. There are overnighters there too. I guess the point I'd like to make is "Does it really matter if they are occupied or not", it is still popups parked in a Wally parking lot
Last summer we did a 2 month duration trip, stayed at lots of Wallys and street overnights (not one CG visit). At the Wal Marts I found it very interesting, people were overnighting in everything except motorcycles and tents, cars stn wagons mini vans you name it and I bet I saw an example.
I believe it was Winnipeg (or Regina) Wal Mart that one enterprising young couple in a car, was plugged in to the power receptacles used (block heaters) for winter parking. They had a stereo going and a small light. They said they also heated a little water for coffee. I think they thought I was security so they chatted with me.
There really are no set down rules, but like you I ask and use common sense .

Cheers
Willey
What about this tent ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tent.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	4821  
Closed Thread

Tags
camping