Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #673

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Rigger View Post
I have noticed that there are a lot of people on the Walmart threads, and the aux brake threads that like to misinform people, and generally do whatever they can to try to get people to conform to what they want them to do. They will say that an aux brake system is required by state law when it isn't, or that you shouldn't be allowed to overnight in a wally world parking lot because they cant park their mh in front of their house. My neighbor called City Code Enforcement on me the day I first brought my MH home and parked it in my driveway. Because she said she didn't want to have to look at it. I don't live in an HOA (and never would) and the code enforcement officer told me I wasn't breaking any laws or regulations, and I could park it there as long as I wanted to. I told her in no polite terms to pound sand, and if she didn't like living in a free country, nobody was stopping her from leaving. People these days seem to be more concerned with what other people are doing then with worrying about themselves. There are a lot of people around who simply need to learn to mind there own business. I don't like mustard, but that doesn't give me the right to castigate people who do. It is a free country, I know because I spent the last 23 years in the military assuring that it stays that way. If you dont like people parking overnight at walmart, then buy the Walmart and ban it. If your not going to do that, then get over it. If your gonna cry because people can park their RV in walmart and you cant park yours in front of your house, move to someplace you can. Your decision to purchase that property was your decision, and has nothing to do with that RV being granted permission to park on somebody else s private property. What is wrong with people in America today?
Right on.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #674

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
In the continuing effort to keep this thread going, hopefully to reach the magic number 1000, another thought came to mind today about Walmart parking.

If you stay at a KOA, they give you points, depending on the gas station up here in Canada, you can also get Air Miles or Bonus Points of some discription, so maybe we should approach Walmart Corp and work out some sort of Points Program.

You would need to register of course, maybe even on line, but then it would be a simple matter to swipe your card and go RV parking!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #675

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Walmartstores.com: Contact Us
Email Customer Service 1-800-Walmart (1-800-925-6278) We'd like to hear from you. Send your local store or our corporate headquarters a comment. ...
OK, Ray your in charge!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #676

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
we use walmart all the time to pull in to sleep with 4 dogs its easy to walk them there plus we love to shop for supplys there we are heading out from fl to yellowstone does any one know of good spots to pull in overnite we usally use walmart flying j or pilots and restareas walmart is by far the best if you can find good ones plse let us know of any great spots on the road out and when we are there at yellowstone thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #677

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to idenphones
Quote:
Originally Posted by damdannyboy View Post
Walmartstores.com: Contact Us
Email Customer Service 1-800-Walmart (1-800-925-6278) We'd like to hear from you. Send your local store or our corporate headquarters a comment. ...
OK, Ray your in charge!
OK campers!

Lots of good info on that page. I had no idea that Walmart has a credit card.

It's probably a Master Card but either way, don't tell the DW.

Anyhow, email sent!

FYI I asked about a customer loyality program or a points program just as a suggestion or maybe an RV registry.

I also thanked head office for the kind reception that we have received at several of their locations.

I don't imagine that they are working today but when I get a response I will post it.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #678

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idenphones View Post
I had no idea that Walmart has a credit card. It's probably a Master Card but either way, don't tell the DW.
Oh yes, Wal*Mart has a wonderful ♥ credit card ♥ that I use on a much too often (almost daily since my daughter works there) basis. It is not a VISA or MC. I also get the 3¢ discount on gas at Wal*Mart when I use their credit card.

P.S. I make sure I pay it off in full so I can continue to use it whenever necessary.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 08-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #679

Oh yeah, I almost forgot on the right of the picture with the motorhomes, were 5 trailers that had been parked, unhooked and left. No other vehicle around them. You can see one of them in the picture. People are treating this Walmart like a UHaul storage lot.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #680

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Respect? Disrespect? It happens to the best and looks as if this Walmart has a lot of disrespect from a lot of different people in different walks of life, however, it falls back on the local Walmart Management team to enforce the rules that Corporate set down. But then again, whom can say just how many dollars $$$ each one of these spent in the store? Looks can be deceiving

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Old 08-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #681

Its a really nice store on the inside, bigger than any other walmart I have ever been in. The Manager seemed frustrated with the people leaving trailers and RV's unattended for the obvious reasons. I got the feeling that he was about to start having them towed away. But that the overnight rule would not change. I just wish they built it where they built the new one on E470 and smoky Hill rd near where I live. The one they built there is a new Super Walmart, but nothing like this one.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #682

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Rigger View Post
Its a really nice store on the inside, bigger than any other walmart I have ever been in. The Manager seemed frustrated with the people leaving trailers and RV's unattended for the obvious reasons. I got the feeling that he was about to start having them towed away. But that the overnight rule would not change. I just wish they built it where they built the new one on E470 and smoky Hill rd near where I live. The one they built there is a new Super Walmart, but nothing like this one.
I'm just curious as to why one Wal Mart in Colorado has become the center of attention. My understanding is over nighting is dictated by either government ordinance or store management. If the local government and the store management allow squatters the right to stay then I believe that is a local issue.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #683

Its not the "center of attention", this particular Walmart was built as one of the new style Super Walmart "test stores" and has built a parking area to park large vehicles for the purpose of allowing overnight parking. Its right off a major highway and I was just curious to see if they had any specific rules governing overnight parking. And I wanted to let people know that that particular area isnt as safe as it looks. As I have said before, I have no problems overnighting in a Walmart parking lot. And I think its great that they allow it. And in this particular case, it doesn't seem that they are going to allow the few to ruin it for everybody. If those people leave their vehicle unattended and come back to find it gone thats what they get for leaving the vehicle unattended. I don't care one way or the other. I like shopping at Walmart. And if the store has a rule that says not to leave your mh unattended I wont do it. But you can be sure I would laugh and point at the other guys mh being towed for it.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #684

Some of the posts here have mentioned that Walmart overnight parking is a cheap way to go. Why don't you stay in a CG?

Well, I'm here to tell you that for us there is nothing cheap about parking at Walmart for the night. We parked at one in Minneapolis last year. Shopped for things we needed and the bill was $143. If we had stayed at a KOA the bill would have been $38.

It's all relative.

Happy camping.

Don
Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #685

When you say it wasn't cheap to stay at WM the stuff you bought was probably necessary anyway . Staying in a campground for $35 would not have fed you.
BOB
Old 08-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #686

Yesterday, in an attempt to be humorous and advance the wal mart thread, I apparently used little sense in my post. If anyone took it other than a bad attempt to be funny and amusing, MY MOST HUMBLE APPOLOGIES.

I shall endeavor in the future to of less stupid and engage brain before exercising fingers.

Thank you for your understanding.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping