Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #1191
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln30 View Post
They choose to let you stay, whats the problem with a five dollar sign.
Have you priced out the cost of signs recently? Now put one of them at every entrance if possible then multiply that by all the Walmarts out there, it would not be cheap.

Some people can not read simple signs like "Stop" "No Parking" "No Entry" etc. what would others do with instruction signs?
Quote:
Perhaps we should do away with written warranties.
As far as some warranties go that I read about here on some very expensive equipment I think some have already done away with the written warranty at least from the stand point of standing behind them
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Have you priced out the cost of signs recently? Now put one of them at every entrance if possible then multiply that by all the Walmarts out there, it would not be cheap.

Some people can not read simple signs like "Stop" "No Parking" "No Entry" etc. what would others do with instruction signs?
As far as some warranties go that I read about here on some very expensive equipment I think some have already done away with the written warranty at least from the stand point of standing behind them

Not really.

You miss the point. The written word puts you in a stronger position.

You park and do something wrong and ignore reading the sign. I point to the sign that has been put in a spot(s) where you have to be blind not to see it and I tell you you have to leave. you argue, I shrug my shoulders, walk away and call the cops. A lot easier than standing out there fighting with you.

Of course they can put up those equally expensive signs "No overnight parking" ....then what do they do when someone parks anyway? You tell them to leave and if need to...call the cops.

Much easier, and safer, to let the cops do the dirty work.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #1193

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
Well there you go the right anwer They must have been broke down!You know that might have been the case and we jump and ASS-u-ME other wise so maybe the anwers is if we see some one with all this stuff out instead of assuming maybe go over and offer assistance because we think they may be broke down.I bet 1/2 of you haven't thought of that and if it was the case this Wal Mart thread would have died a long time ago!

OH! by the way if you do stop by Wal Mart for a Rest, then just rest and get the Heck out of there so some one else will have a place to Rest!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

By the way I'll be using Wal Mart later this Summer so Move Over!
Yeah, they could have been broke down, for just that night, sorry I assumed the wrong thing.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #1194

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Ok just drove by the South Point WalMart and the RVers are pulling in. One was there when we went into Lowes and now 30 minutes later there are three - didn't see any slides out.
That is called the Flight of The Wally Dockers as they return to the North.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #1195

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Check with the WM manager on duty, buy your groceries there, don't grill outside or sit out drinking beer...slides and jacks are okay...and it will be fine.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #1196

Quote:
Walmart lot, Bend Oregon, half a dozen "older TT's" bunched together, awings not just out but also "staked" to the asphalt with steel spikes, grills set up no tow vehicle in sight, trash everywhere, beer and wine bottles tossed into the lot and closest grassy areas. Dog feces everywhere. Not just overnight, they were there for 5 days before they finally were forced to leave or get towed...
Finally some clarification thank you. You had everyone thinking you were going to pound there doors down if they put a slide out 6 inches This is why it is important to be specific about your complaints.

On the subject of the travel trailers, are you sure they were not vendors or construction workers or people affiliated with Walmart? You didn't mention that you witnessed these half dozen trailers with awnings staked to the pavement so is this second hand info?
Old 04-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #1197

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post

WalMart lot Crestview, Florida... parked right next to the barbeque grill outdoor display... 2008 or newer Fleetwood Discovery, prob 42', awnings all out, all slides out including full wall, all jacks down in very hot asphalt, no blocks or pads used. No one there on the 4 or 5 times I went to buy supplies for stay at my son's place over 7 days. The manager had no idea who these folks were but was "reluctant" to cause grief due to community relations and concerns as they had been under renovation for over a year and the public was "aggravated enough" by that.
I'm not saying anything about the truth or lack thereof in the statement above. But the outdoor barbecue display at the Crestview Walmart is on the sidewalk in front of the building. The paved area is a fire lane. There is no way that vehicle could have stayed parked there for a week without being towed. I just came back from Walmart tonight, there were five rigs there, parked in the far end of the lot, not bothering anyone. That's the way things usually are there. Perhaps you are thinking of someplace else.

The renovation at the Crestview Walmart took five months, not a year. The renovation crew lived on site in RVs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #1198
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln30 View Post
Not really.

You miss the point. The written word puts you in a stronger position.

You park and do something wrong and ignore reading the sign. I point to the sign that has been put in a spot(s) where you have to be blind not to see it and I tell you you have to leave. you argue, I shrug my shoulders, walk away and call the cops. A lot easier than standing out there fighting with you.
If I were to see something I thought was wrong with the parking situation I felt any perceived need to take action about it that action would end with notifying Walmart staff the rest is up to them. Now if the situation was an assault or murder in progress that would call for a different reaction.

The simple truth in the matter is if you as an individual and a non employee thought I was doing something wrong because my slides were out, jacks were down, I had a lawn chair by my front door and nothing else was wrong and you told me to leave you in deed would have to call the police and from years of experience I think you would be in for a rude awakening when you explained your situation to them.

Every one has their opinion as to what is right or wrong on the subject and for the most part I won't change yours and you won't change mine, but I like seeing/hearing all sides of the story.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #1199

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can someone tell me what has really been accomplished in 86 pages of posts AND more importantly, is this ever going to end!?!?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #1200
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Can someone tell me what has really been accomplished in 86 pages of posts AND more importantly, is this ever going to end!?!?
absolutely agree!
The only thing i can see is how many people want to control what other people do, that is none of their business.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #1201

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
absolutely agree!
The only thing i can see is how many people want to control what other people do, that is none of their business.
But isn't it?

How many things out there do you diagree with but never said anything about? Now, how many of those have been made law? How many of those laws effect you or a loved one?

How many laws do you see broken everyday? Do those actions effect your neighborhood/town? Is it hard to go outside your house at night? A certain part of town? Do you wish 'somebody' would 'do something' about it?

Is there a neighbor who like to collect 'stuff'? Is that 'stuff' visible? Does that 'stuff' effect your home price?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #1202

Just an FYI, many Walmarts that have a "No overnight parking" sign will still allow RV's to stay there. I am not sure why, but even when I have seen those signs I have gone in and asked the manager and they have allowed me to park in a designated area. The point is, to always ask before parking.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:57 AM   #1203

Winnebago Owners Club
Great photos. Thanks, Joe
Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #1204
laj

nope it isn`t. You are both guest at walmart. Neither one has been given permission to enforce their criteria on another. No one has been given permission to litter on someone else`s M/H.
Of the 86 pages here, there is very little agreement on what is/or is not acceptable behavior for staying overnight. Slides/ no slides
gen/ or not to gen/ awning, or no awning, you see the problem?
JohnRR said it best. Not in so many words, but mind your own business. When you are a guest at someones house, you don`t tell the guest what to do, or how to behave, its the host job period, unless you are directed by said host.

As far as the house, neighborhood scenario, i don`t even know where to begin, so i won`t.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping