Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #3963

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
Getting pretty close to 4000.
I have spent the night at WM and at Holiday Inn Express, when traveling for work. I always feel smarter the next day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #3964

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RLR View Post

Talk about how Americans today are cheap and will sell their fellow citizens down the river by not supporting small businesses such as campgrounds, yet those same small business owners have no problem with having their local lawmakers limit the property rights of Walmart by mandating RV parking in local campgrounds only. How hypocritical!

And these people are not winning any brownie points with me by saying stuff like that.. Not after I gave up my health in defense of this country... To now say I have to give them my money or I'm un-American... I fought and almost died in defense of being able to give my money to whomever I darn well please..
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #3965

Amen Midniteoyl,

I am also a Vet, and nobody but my wife tells me where and if I can spend my money.

When I was in the Army, and had to travel through airports, I was called a "BABY KILLER" many a time. Sometime I had split come my way, who knows, maybe he was one of those fun loving sorts.

My two cents (use to $20.00)!!!!!

360HP Cummings
Old 04-14-2012, 03:24 AM   #3966
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Thank you guys; now back on topic please.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 04-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #3967

Ford Super Duty Owner
Can anyone tell me about the Wal-Mart in Flagstaff AZ? We will be heading East toward St, Louis from So Cal in a week or two and were thinking of the one next to the main Interchange on S Woodlands Village Blvd.
Some of the replies about this store are not at all good, in fact many seem down right mean.
Just want some first hand info if possible.
Don:
Old 04-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #3968

Has anybody stayed in Walmarts in or near Bangor ME. Looking to head that way in early May.

Thank you.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #3969

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piledrive View Post
Can anyone tell me about the Wal-Mart in Flagstaff AZ? We will be heading East toward St, Louis from So Cal in a week or two and were thinking of the one next to the main Interchange on S Woodlands Village Blvd.
Some of the replies about this store are not at all good, in fact many seem down right mean.
Just want some first hand info if possible.
Don:
I've been there but havent stayed overnight.. At the time, I saw no RV's in the lot and it was around 6:30 pm..

Dont know why you would see 'mean' comments.. People seemed nice..
Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
Sometimes it is not a matter of being lazy. I am disabled, and to park far away enough to be away from everyone else would make it difficult to walk that far. Another BIG factor for me would be that I am a single female. I would not want to walk across the parking lot and back alone. That being said, I have never overnighted in a Walmart parking lot. The two reasons mentioned above contribute to that. I did overnight once in a truck stop where there was nobody to check with and I parked out of the way. I did not leave my motorhome so nobody could see who was inside. I have used Walmart parking lots for afternoon naps but not overnight yet. I have a directory with phone numbers and would CALL to ask permission if I ever have the need to Wallydock.
So nice to hear someone call us on our assumptions about the 'laziness' of others. Thanks for sharing that. I learned long ago it's not good to judge others before we have all the information. Good call.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #3971

I swear that some of the people that post to this thread are the same nosey neighbors that I have to escape from when I started RVing. If they don't like what Im doing just look out the other window.
I don't use Wal Mart as my destination campground as a rule but some times they are convienient and are the only thing available.
When we visit our daughter and grand children in central Ky. at Christmas, we don't fit in her driveway and there are no rv parks that are near by for us to throw out the anchor, so whenever we are in town the Wal mart Manager is very gracious and lets us stay there for the holidays. We park around back where another six semis were parked for the holidays. Yes, we unhook, level the 5'ver use the generator and (gasp) put the slides out. If we didn't, the bed would remain airborn in our Jayco Eagle and the heater radiators in the floor would be blocked.
We pick up after ourselfs and the dog and even keep the local police supplied with some home cooked food, as they are the security for that Wal Mart.
Of course our "free camping" wound up costing us around $300-$400 by the time you add up Christmas presents and food.
On the day we were getting ready to leave we went in to thank the Manager and we instead met the regional vp. We thanked him too. He said that Wal Mart really appreciates us rv'ers. I mentioned to him some of the phobias that some rv'ers have t parking at Wal Marts, He chuckled at these "rules" and the only thing he said was parking out of the way in the fringe areas of the parking area.
Btw, we just spent 2 nights there for Easter. Wal Marts The Greatest.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #3972

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky Cruiser
I swear that some of the people that post to this thread are the same nosey neighbors that I have to escape from when I started RVing. If they don't like what Im doing just look out the other window.
I don't use Wal Mart as my destination campground as a rule but some times they are convienient and are the only thing available.
When we visit our daughter and grand children in central Ky. at Christmas, we don't fit in her driveway and there are no rv parks that are near by for us to throw out the anchor, so whenever we are in town the Wal mart Manager is very gracious and lets us stay there for the holidays. We park around back where another six semis were parked for the holidays. Yes, we unhook, level the 5'ver use the generator and (gasp) put the slides out. If we didn't, the bed would remain airborn in our Jayco Eagle and the heater radiators in the floor would be blocked.
We pick up after ourselfs and the dog and even keep the local police supplied with some home cooked food, as they are the security for that Wal Mart.
Of course our "free camping" wound up costing us around $300-$400 by the time you add up Christmas presents and food.
On the day we were getting ready to leave we went in to thank the Manager and we instead met the regional vp. We thanked him too. He said that Wal Mart really appreciates us rv'ers. I mentioned to him some of the phobias that some rv'ers have t parking at Wal Marts, He chuckled at these "rules" and the only thing he said was parking out of the way in the fringe areas of the parking area.
Btw, we just spent 2 nights there for Easter. Wal Marts The Greatest.
This was a great post! We <3 WALMART... Whenever we've stayed it's been an overnight and my bill has *always* been OVER $100.- so I feel we've contributed as a thank you gesture for letting us sleep so we can continue on our adventures!

Regards.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #3973

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
So nice to hear someone call us on our assumptions about the 'laziness' of others. Thanks for sharing that. I learned long ago it's not good to judge others before we have all the information. Good call.
This is true.. I am handicapped from service, have the plate and everything, but you wouldnt know it seeing me for only a few minutes at a time.. One day when i was shopping at Wally World, I came back out to see a note on my windshield saying "Shame on you! This is a handicapped spot and I saw you WALK in! Dont be so lazy!"

Some people just dont get it...
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #3974

I just sent in my application for a permanent disability plate. I have several compressed disks. Monday, I had to sit down while in Lowe's. Today, I'm pretty functional, but can't walk very far without sitting down and resting. I have good days and bad days.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #3975
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
This is true.. I am handicapped from service, have the plate and everything, but you wouldnt know it seeing me for only a few minutes at a time.. One day when i was shopping at Wally World, I came back out to see a note on my windshield saying "Shame on you! This is a handicapped spot and I saw you WALK in! Dont be so lazy!"

Some people just dont get it...
How true. You can't always tell or feel what a persons needs are by looking. I have had a handicaped card for almost 10 yrs and haven't always needed it(or used it) but other times it is very important. DW has one on the car and often when we go to Walmart I park in a handicap space for her.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #3976

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I am not handicapped in such a way as I need up-close parking (mentally? socially? maybe). My mother-in-law (who lives with us) is. One day I dropped her and the DW off at WM to shop, and drove the van over to Lowes to pick up some stuff. When I returned to pick them up, I parked her van in a handicapped spot at the WM, hopped out and walked into the store. I noticed this lady glaring at me as I walked in. I mentally flipped her off as I walked by tipping my hat and smiling.

When I came back out, there was a police cruiser there and that same lady talking to the cop. I assisted my MIL into her van, stowed her walker in the back, and drove off. I mentally flipped her off again as drove by tipping my hat and smiling.

Don't prejudge. You probably don't know the whole story.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping