Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #4243

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston
Those power draw numbers for a C-PAP machine sound suspicious. My Resperonics System One with a humidifier and a added on heated air tube draws 5.4a @ 12v. My Resperonics unit and most others can be run directly on 12v DC. C-PAP.com has 12v cords for most brands. I installed a power plug (cigarette lighter) in the side of the bed frame and found a always hot 12v source under the bed.

Jim
How old is yours? Mike's had his since he was 18, he's in his mid thirties now. He'd love a new one, but like me, hasn't had health insurance in quite sometime and as far as I know those units don't traditionally come cheap.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #4244

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Now, not only does Wal*Mart offer free RV parking, but also....

BINGO!

Old 05-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #4245

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
How old is yours? Mike's had his since he was 18, he's in his mid thirties now. He'd love a new one, but like me, hasn't had health insurance in quite sometime and as far as I know those units don't traditionally come cheap.
I'm on my third CPAP now and it's about 5 years old, the second one was 15 (the Dr. was amazed by how many hours it had run) and my first one went 5 years also. My present Respironics unit runs on 120 or 12 V, although when in the MH I run it on the 2000 watt MSW inverter.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #4246

When I got my new Bi-Pap, I gave my 7 year old C-Pap to a charity and claimed a $200 deduction from my taxes. There are many of them out there I am sure. Many people (like me) are switching from C-Pap's to Bi-Pap's and there should be a lot of fairly new C-Pap's out there for very little or nothing. I know Blue Cross says the unit is yours after a year of continuous usage of at least 4 hours nightly as proved by the compliance card.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #4247
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With so much posting about the "BiPap" maybe it's time it has it's own thread?

If it does get one the recent past posts about it here could be moved to that thread as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 05-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #4248

The Bi-Pap, C-Pap thread is related to Wal-Marting in that some of us are able to run this electrical devise without running our generators and others are trying to do so. This not only makes better RV parking citizens, but saves a lot of money.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #4249

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Now, not only does Wal*Mart offer free RV parking, but also....

BINGO!

It all makes sense to me now. Was walking through the WM lot wearing my rebel flag nascar shirt after having picked up a case of beer and some diapers, and someone came out of an RV, pointed at me and yelled "BINGO!". Yes, it all makes sense to me now.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #4250

That Lowe's guard I talked to... Well, there is a WM at the opposite end of the shopping center, so I think it would be a non-issue in that lot.

I used to go to Walmart with a former GF to get her some beer. When we got to the check-out counter, I would loudly say: "Here you are buying beer again and your three kids are sitting home in diapers, needing shoes and clothes and blah, blah, blah....."

Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #4251

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
That Lowe's guard I talked to... Well, there is a WM at the opposite end of the shopping center, so I think it would be a non-issue in that lot.

I used to go to Walmart with a former GF to get her some beer. When we got to the check-out counter, I would loudly say: "Here you are buying beer again and your three kids are sitting home in diapers, needing shoes and clothes and blah, blah, blah....."
I wonder why she is a FORMER gf.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #4252

Three kids and desperate to be married. I told her she would have to find someone who would put up with her constant complaining, beer drinking and being Mrs. Right, Mrs. Always Right.

I need to go to the WM in Glendale, AZ for some rattle can flat black and also ask if overnighting is allowed. The way Glendale is, I wouldn't put it past them to have a revenue generating ordinance against it. Glendale is so bad, that several years ago, they said they would start ticketing for 1 MPH over the speed limit. Don't think is stuck.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #4253

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Three kids and desperate to be married. I told her she would have to find someone who would put up with her constant complaining, beer drinking and being Mrs. Right, Mrs. Always Right.
Dunner,
I didn't know you were dating my ex-wife. Be careful taking her to Walmart, for some reason people keep snapping photos of her. Always is her middle name. Queen is her first. I'll give you 40 bucks to keep her.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #4254

She was so desperate to be married, she married a guy with 5 kids, all still at home.

I'm off to WM for some supplies before it gets too hot here. Not even 8AM and it's already 80°s.

What do they call people who take pictures of Walmartians? I'm asking; I don't know.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #4255

Quote:
Glendale is so bad, that several years ago, they said they would start ticketing for 1 MPH over the speed limit. Don't think is stuck.
Colorado Springs tried to turn their police force into revenue agents a few years ago but it didn't last long either. Hey, if everybody pleaded not guilty for a couple weeks that would end it anyway. And if it didn't, appeal and demand a jury trial. The courts would love a few hundred of those on the dockets.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #4256

Went to WallyWorld and got my rattle can paint. On the way to the registers, I stopped by the deli and asked how much the Roto-Chicken was. She pointed to a sign($5.48). I asked what flavors they had and could only understand lemon, so I knew it was lemon pepper. The other flavor was un-recognizable. I later found out it was Roasted Herb and Garlic. The WM chickens are big. I thought they were like Fry's sells; Cornish Game hen size.

On the way out, I stopped by the Courtesy desk and ask if this WM allowed over-night RV parking. The associate told me it depends on which security guard is on duty(What?). He said one might allow it and another one might run me off. I looked for the security guard and if he's guarding a Walmart, it ain't this one.

BTW, as someone else posted, The Walmart Greeter is no more.

Closed Thread

Tags
camping