Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #4691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbustoo View Post
...they REALLY don't mind!!! In fact, Wal Mart sells a road atlas that indicates where their stores are located, why do you suppose that is?
Most Walmarts don't mind. While we're traveling, if we're driving late, we'll stop at a Walmart store. We usually have to go in for supplies anyway. So it's a win, win. If you have an IPad, there are apps on it that tell you which Walmart slow over-niters. It's not the Walmarts.....it's the areas they are in. Most that don't allow over-niters, are in cities, or downtown spots. Take a good look at the apps, you'll see what I mean. If you use them, always park way-out of the way, to the side. You can also use Cracker Barrels, Loves, Flying J's, BassPro's, Pertro's and more.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #4692

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocletti View Post
Most Walmarts don't mind. While we're traveling, if we're driving late, we'll stop at a Walmart store. We usually have to go in for supplies anyway. So it's a win, win. If you have an IPad, there are apps on it that tell you which Walmart slow over-niters. It's not the Walmarts.....it's the areas they are in. Most that don't allow over-niters, are in cities, or downtown spots. Take a good look at the apps, you'll see what I mean. If you use them, always park way-out of the way, to the side. You can also use Cracker Barrels, Loves, Flying J's, BassPro's, Pertro's and more.
You can also download a list of Walmarts that allow parking at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/walmartrving/files/
It even includes addresses/phone numbers so you can call ahead to confirm whether they allow parking. This list is frequently updated too.

Greg
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #4693

Ford Super Duty Owner
akadeadeye "and did not call the police" Yep! out of town so Police = RCMP they're used to lots of horse poop
Lindsay Richards "Shoveling out that manure was a new one for me." Me too, but the West is the West Horses cattle and grain rule
Wayne MD "shocked by the sight of manure unloading" well yes, horses ar not too common in our area other than racing, and special breeds. Not too common at all
Dunner "I would have called 911." Learned a long time ago not to get too involved with HAZ Mat crews in this country, however if it was RV tank dumping that's a different matter, I'd give the licence number to the WM manager let them handle it and get the hell out of there. No way I want to get tied up with lawyers and courts while on a vacation trip
jzick Not really WM specific. This happens a lot.

Actually that's kind of what I thought this was horse country, lot's of horses being trailered around, shows, the Calgary stampeed was on.

I guess I omitted (but not on purpose) the condition of that strip of terrain, it was well rutted by heavy trucks, doubtful if it was part of the WM lot as they have curbs/well defined boundrys and as busy as the Wally was I was the only one that was astounded by the act, Probably common place in outlying areas and no one seemed to mind it as long as they didn't have to walk in it. Considering the location and time of the year I guess a little horse poop is common place until you get to the cities.
If it had been within the defined parking lot, yes I'd have got the plate number, give it to the manager, then get the hell out of there the the WM camera tapes would be witness enough.

Cheers
Willey
Old 08-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #4694

This is not RVing over-night at a WM. this is abuse at it worse, that hurts RVers. They may have been traveling, but the were dumping, and leaving a mess. Most of the human population are considerate and try to live to higher standards, while a few out there that just don't care. Sad
Old 08-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocletti View Post
This is not RVing over-night at a WM. this is abuse at it worse, that hurts RVers. They may have been traveling, but the were dumping, and leaving a mess. Most of the human population are considerate and try to live to higher standards, while a few out there that just don't care. Sad
I believe the op corrected the location of the "offense". You must not own horses. It was horse country. I guess you could always call the "Horse Poop Police".

Not an issue with me. I love horses.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #4696

Tiffin Owners Club
my thoughts on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
I can't believe you stood there and did not call the police, the Walmart manager, or confront them.
I am shocked by the response to this! It shows what city slickers know or care about! So it is okay to keep the horses a foot deep or more in horse poop and not water them and let them exercise their legs a bit to get the circulation moving good. I give KUDOS to the Cowboy for caring enough about his horses to give them a break. And as for the trailer being just big enough for the two horses that is by design to protect the horses during the trip less chance that they will fall or get turned around and get stuck or end up kicking each other much easier to load and unload and way safer for horse and handler. As for the manure ...."Oh dear honey they dropped horse poop on the ground call the police"! The cops would have laughed their butts off! Here they are risking life and limb and somebody calls 911 for a load of horse crap! That story would go around the station like a wild fire for days! Hey Charlie written up anymore horse crap citations? Just how big a pile of crap was it ?

I guess being brought up on a farm and having a farm of my own with large animals like horses and cattle, hogs, and kids I'm use to manure in all its forms and see no reason to get excited about seeing a pile of it anywhere-except maybe the kitchen! And just what are you going to do with it ??? Can't put it on a lawn in the fresh state as it will burn it, same with trees, can't use the dumpster it is one of those locked ones if you leave it on the ground it dries up and "God" takes care of it.

And yes the Amish and buggy Mennonites that shop and bank in town using their horse drawn buggies leave horse poop on the roads and stalls BIG Whoop! It goes away after a while to be freshened up by the next horse that passes by. What are you going to do? Call the police on them ?

IMHO 911 is for emergencies like a bank robbery, fire, auto accident with injuries, murder, dead body, heart attack etc. not for a pile of horse poop. On the other hand a dump truck load dumped on the road blocking traffic might be nice to notify the police so they can warn traffic while a front loader reloads the crap on the crap carrier, we wouldn't want some nice clean RV'r running into a load of crap would we?
Just my 2cents worth.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #4697

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
I am shocked by the response to this! It shows what city slickers know or care about! So it is okay to keep the horses a foot deep or more in horse poop and not water them and let them exercise their legs a bit to get the circulation moving good. I give KUDOS to the Cowboy for caring enough about his horses to give them a break. And as for the trailer being just big enough for the two horses that is by design to protect the horses during the trip less chance that they will fall or get turned around and get stuck or end up kicking each other much easier to load and unload and way safer for horse and handler. As for the manure ...."Oh dear honey they dropped horse poop on the ground call the police"! The cops would have laughed their butts off! Here they are risking life and limb and somebody calls 911 for a load of horse crap! That story would go around the station like a wild fire for days! Hey Charlie written up anymore horse crap citations? Just how big a pile of crap was it ?

I guess being brought up on a farm and having a farm of my own with large animals like horses and cattle, hogs, and kids I'm use to manure in all its forms and see no reason to get excited about seeing a pile of it anywhere-except maybe the kitchen! And just what are you going to do with it ??? Can't put it on a lawn in the fresh state as it will burn it, same with trees, can't use the dumpster it is one of those locked ones if you leave it on the ground it dries up and "God" takes care of it.

And yes the Amish and buggy Mennonites that shop and bank in town using their horse drawn buggies leave horse poop on the roads and stalls BIG Whoop! It goes away after a while to be freshened up by the next horse that passes by. What are you going to do? Call the police on them ?

IMHO 911 is for emergencies like a bank robbery, fire, auto accident with injuries, murder, dead body, heart attack etc. not for a pile of horse poop. On the other hand a dump truck load dumped on the road blocking traffic might be nice to notify the police so they can warn traffic while a front loader reloads the crap on the crap carrier, we wouldn't want some nice clean RV'r running into a load of crap would we?
Just my 2cents worth.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #4698

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Just my 2cents worth.
Kayjulia, first of all, I see by your sig that thank you is in order for your military service...THANK YOU!

2nd...easy on the coffee big fella The OP clarified his post by adding more info about where the "offense" actually took place. With the additional info it appears that the "horse poop violation" was not as serious as originally thought. Just sayin...

Have a great day!!!

Greg
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #4699

Ford Super Duty Owner
By Golly! this opened a can of worms for sure (ugg! that would be disgusting) Well I just never saw anyone getting upset over a little bit of horse droppings.
Ah! well as posted before, the East is not horse territory except racehorse, quarter horse breeding, mineature horses etc. Usually when there is a civic holiday and a parade down the main street, there is allways at least one team of draft horses if not more. Now the people walking behind them usually have to step carefully (in nature. poop is a fact of life) and those horses just don't have any modesty and let it drop anywhere while walking . In all my years (77 of them) I've never seen anyone get excited or excited at some horse dropping on the roads, town workers usually swept it up or into the ditch
In the 40's and 50's when FRESH milk was delivered by horse and wagon. I can assure you the horses didn't wear diapers and no one got excited.
Now back to Wall Mart In actual fact the ground was pretty chewed up by the heavy transports, and a little fertilizer ground into the earth will do more good than harm. The stores around here have sales on the gardening materials and I noted yesterday there were bags dried sheep manure and other dried manure among the items discounted, so I guess wet or dry it's a commodity and whoever owned the property got that fertilizer got it at no cost. When in horse of cattle country, abide by the accepted customs of the population. That's my way.
What is your opinion of that even if it's at a Wal Mart?
Cheers
Willey
Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #4700

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
By Golly! this opened a can of worms for sure (ugg! that would be disgusting)

Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #4701
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
Well I just never saw anyone getting upset over a little bit of horse droppings.

Cheers
Willey
It does make me grin, however, that we all wouldn't think of walking our dogs without having a supply of bags to pick up the 3 oz droppings from our little guys but horses being used or displayed in public routinely drop 10 pound piles and it's not given a second thought.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #4702

Gulf Streamers Club
Well, it's finally happened. Any thread allowed to run 4700 posts finally turns to horse manure. Walmart offers a nice, free stopping point close to many major highways. For that I am thankful and respectful not to abuse the privilege.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #4703

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Well, it's finally happened. Any thread allowed to run 4700 posts finally turns to horse manure. Walmart offers a nice, free stopping point close to many major highways. For that I am thankful and respectful not to abuse the privilege.

I am thankful and respectful not to abuse the privilege.

Greg
Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #4704

Quote:

Just my 2cents worth.
I hope this was a Canadian "Cowboy" that did this. Or it was in Amish land where horse crap is "ok" to be shoveled or sh*t onto the roadway without cleanup. On the ranch, dirt road, side of the road, mountains, deserts, but not on the roads, parking lots, highways, etc. There are laws against that.

I've been around horses my whole life also, and have never seen done what the OP described.

Regards, Hamshog

Tags
camping