Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #5265

They were just semi trailers without the tractors and I didn't check if the genny was running. Maybe I should have done a Walmart Welfare Check.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #5266

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
At one of the Walmarts near me, I saw a MH with the slides out and the west side window awnings out. It was 115+° that day. Anybody find fault with that?
I find fault with 115° Also, I bet if you asked the 'average man on the street' they wouldn't have noticed the slides out or awnings --- it's all part of the RV. Now somebody sitting out in a camp chair with a beer in hand......

I have parked at a Walmart

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #5267

Even in a coolie, beer gets too warm, to fast, when it's that hot. Stay inside. Stay cool. Better yet, go inside WM, it's always cool inside WM. But... it may cost some monies if you take the DW.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #5268

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
If you put yourself at risk.............remind me who's fault is that again??.

Sooo basically your saying your not able to plan out a trip so you stop in time to check into a camp site??. To use your RV as it was intended for camping. Can't see the logic in that. Oh,by the way,my dog always ate my homework too.

Be honest.You intended all along to impose on W/M. That sir is not camping and is a very poor representation of RV'ers.
Risk??? Have you driven down any road in North America lately? I'd say the Wally World parking lot is far safer than the open (season) road.

As for planning, yes I plan, I plan to drive 600-700 miles a day so I can spend my time where I want to be, not halfway there. With stops for meals, fuel, breaks, etc., you're not going to do that in less than 12-14 hours.

Impose? I guess you've never read the Wally World website. It says "While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store parking lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV."

And yes, I am a good customer, I doubt I've ever stopped at a WM and not bought something, often quite a bit.

Have you ever stopped a highway rest area outside your home state and used the facilities, maybe the picnic grounds, deposited some garbage while you were there?

If so you were imposing on that States tax-paying population. See the difference. One is a customer, the other a free-loader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
With that kind of thinking,you got me wondering about you going down the road driving a 8,000lb weapon.
But if you're unwilling to debate the issue reasonably, at least give up the ad hominem attacks.

But just for clarification, my rig weighs about 11,000 pounds.

And yes, before you ask, my Mother does wear Army boots.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #5269

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Risk???

And yes, before you ask, my Mother does wear Army boots.
And I'll bet they look damn sharp on her don't they.

Glenn
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #5270

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Not really, our rig is fully self contained (as are most nowadays). I don't need full hook ups every night, every other night or even every third night. No reason for us to even look for a campground except when we reach our destination, then I'll pay to camp.
I agree with you and your reasoning. I travel fast and long so I can have more time at destination. I pull in to a legal rest stop, a Flying J or Pilot after buying fuel if needed and fire up my gen and have a cool quiet night. I don't need full service everyday. 6 gallons of diesel max at 4.00 per is still a bargain for sleeping in my own bed. Take care and Seeya on the road.
Cal
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #5271

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
I don't understand why people must camp at Walmart. why not go to a campground. You should not feel free to do what you wish to do, you should adopt my opinions and conform to what I believe is correct. It is only my opinion that counts, you should change to suit my beliefs. How does your camping affect my life? Well it doesn't and is actually none of my business. So then why do I preach on how I feel you should camp? Good question. I should only express what I prefer to do without judging those who do differently. I do stay at Walmarts, I do use the slideouts, I have used a lawn chair and green turf for the dog to lie on while waiting for DW who is shopping.

Walmart
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #5272

Monaco Owners Club
I thought I resembled that remark until I looked it up.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #5273

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
At one of the Walmarts near me, I saw a MH with the slides out and the west side window awnings out. It was 115+° that day. Anybody find fault with that? BTW, he was parked in the back 40 with the semis.
No one took the bait. Pretty obvious that the Wally haters have left the building.... ..... whether by choice or not who cares..... its peaceful in here now ......
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #5274

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well we told them to unsubscribe, and they did, lol!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #5275

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
No one took the bait. Pretty obvious that the Wally haters have left the building.... ..... whether by choice or not who cares..... its peaceful in here now ......
That was no bait. It was around the end of June.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #5276

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Ahhhhh. Now I lay me down to sleep.... Not at a WM, but just got caught up on my nightly WM reading.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #5277

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350

That was no bait. It was around the end of June.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #5278

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I can't fathom the rhetoric here. I'm no big fan of KOA sites but nobody cares about that but just mention Wally Docking and knickers start getting all twisted up. Go figure eh?
Closed Thread

Tags
camping