Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #5629

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
This is a old thread but I know some WM don't allow overnites it would be nice if there was a map of wal marts that still let RV's stay overnight.
I'm pretty sure the All Stays app has a list ... here's a link to the No Parking list from their website Walmart - No Overnight Parking Stores - Wal-Mart Guide
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #5630

Vintage RV Owners Club
I just got home from a trip "up north" to visit my family in Michigan. I took advantage of WalMarts fifteen cents off a gallon of fuel using their credit card, then spent the night in their parking lots....
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #5631

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Well of course. Thats almost as bad as putting your slides out

Ok sounds like Walmart is out...... did find a BLM spot just north of the city called crabby or something like that and one south of the city.....has anyone stayed on BLM land near Lake Havasu... Not in it....
Might be able to stretch out there without IRV Wally police snapping pics of my camp and posting em here.
Have had a vacation house in Havasu for 30 years... yes, there is BLM parking as you mentioned, but... make sure you get there during the day as it is not a well marked road (either of them). And also, might be crowded as the snow birds move around. I have seen some stay 5 months. Also, there are many RV parks. A great Passport American is off Industrial... many others, so lots to choose from
Old 10-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #5632

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Don't understand why owners of the big rigs with big money invested have to resort to parking in Walmart parking lots instead of a campground.
Just last week we went on a vacation down south, started out at 3:30 p.m. and drove till 1:30 a.m. (10 hrs) pulled in to a walmart and went to bed. In the morning (7a.m.) got up and had coffee and all the other morning stuff(sure felt good to be on vacation) and after coffee the wife and I went inside walmart and paid $266.98 for our 10 hour stay. If campgrounds made money like that I would of bought several of them a long time ago
Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #5633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
There is NOTHING about Walmart Parking that hasn't been posted in this thread at least ten times...with this single exception:
"THREAD CLOSED. FOREVER!"
Have you looked at the page count and post count on this thread?

Keep in mind someone owns this web site. They make money by showing those counts to advertisers. Close it? More like shill post in it, if it gets slow (not that that ever happens for long)!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #5634
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
You could say 99% of the posts are shills or nonessential...............but the membership is having some fun.............so, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Have you looked at the page count and post count on this thread?

Keep in mind someone owns this web site. They make money by showing those counts to advertisers. Close it? More like shill post in it, if it gets slow (not that that ever happens for long)!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #5635

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Don't understand why owners of the big rigs with big money invested have to resort to parking in Walmart parking lots instead of a campground.
To irritate you!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #5636

Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #5637

Dunner, it's interesting how people spend their money, ya think? I have two well to do relatives, one spends freely while the other, well, they don't. And I often stop in 7/11s for a drink and see folks who I'm pretty sure don't have much at all buying cigarettes and lottery tickets. Sure hope they don't have EBT cards!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #5638

cekkk, I think you are confusing me with dunnnc.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #5639

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRinger
This is a old thread but I know some WM don't allow overnites it would be nice if there was a map of wal marts that still let RV's stay overnight.
Allstays + smart phone = finding all the overnight approved walmarts, the dumpstations and any thing else ya need with the ease of a few finger taps.

I've traveled over 5500 miles on this trip using that method and it has saved me tons of time and money. . 3000 miles to go .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #5640

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have the all stays app. It shows the Walmart near me to be a no overnight parking Walmart, but I see RVs parked overnight during the summer.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #5641

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey All,

You know that I am knew to the RV lifestyle...well relatively new....We started RV'ing about 12 years ago, but I am confused as to why we all argue about Walmart Parking???

We all use Walmart parking for a variety of differnt reasons and why should that be a problem?

Some of us use it for a quick overnight...Some of us use it for a place to stay for 12 hours and we shop and leave lots of cash in the store...some of us pass it by and use campgrounds. But all of us can appreciate why others use and it why many others simply abuse it....

We will never be able to agree or disagree about the use of the wide-open parking lot of a major retailer who wants our business...so why fight it???

If you see someone that is abusing the practice, call the authorities...Have the local PD's run them off if necessary...If you see a well run parking lot at a Wallmart...call and tell them that you spent the night and spent some money and moved on...Let them know how great it was to pull over and rest in a safe environement and then spend some money in their store. Tell them that you will pass the word amongst fellow Rv'ers that their lot is safe and that they welcome your business.

We are responsible for policing and controlling our own environments. If we are going to forced out of "overnight stops" it will be our own fault. We need to step up to the plate and tell the local retail establishments as well as the local "rest-stops" that they need to understand the lifestyle of the "full-timers" and somtimes "part-timers" and if that cannot sway them, then we need to join forces with the truckers who run the roads with us. They will also lose the privilages if the Walmarts and trucks-stops close the lots for overnight parking....

I am not yet a full-timer, yet occasionally, I need a place to pull over for a few hours to close my eyes on the way to my destination. I hate to think that Ishould need to find a campgound early in the day, stop my driving ....drive a number of miles off of the thruway (sometimes as mucc as 50-50 miles) ...and then check in before a certain time of the day (normally 5PM) to be able to just rest for a few hours...This sounds ludicrous!!!!

I am sorry that some campground owners are offended by this. This is not directed at them. I regularly camp at established campgounds and yes....I spend quite a bit of money at some of them....but when I am on the road, I do not want to be forced to "camp" for 12 hours in a place that I do not need to be in.... Sometimes, I just need a place for hubby and myself to pull over so that I can sleep to avoid falling asleep at the wheel....

I am sorry to be ranting like this but I am setting up my rig to be hit by Sandy and I am feeling anxious and upset that so many people cannot understand that folks in RVs are probably the best people in the world and would give you the shirt off their back....

That is all...ENd of rant...

Sorry,,

Faith
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #5642

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Allstays + smart phone = finding all the overnight approved walmarts, the dumpstations and any thing else ya need with the ease of a few finger taps.

I've traveled over 5500 miles on this trip using that method and it has saved me tons of time and money. . 3000 miles to go .
HAy thats a great idea thanks! man this site is a gold mine!!
Closed Thread

Tags
camping