Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #1429

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
Here's something to keep this alive. Lets have a photo contest
PEOPLE of WALMART

Which Overnighter are YOU
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #1430

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracefn45 View Post
All those Hot air baloons are a sight to see in that great state of N.M.
Did u take a few rides???
BINGO! We have a winner. We didn't go for a ride but we did take a lot of pictures and suffered from visual overload a few times. It's definitely a must see. The kissing bees are a real treat.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #1431

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canucks View Post
PEOPLE of WALMART

Which Overnighter are YOU
Been a fan of People of Walmart on Facebook for a year...It is a fun group...Peace...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 05-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #1432

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club

CHAIRS OUT!

Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #1433

The first picture look s like a redneck Limo!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #1434

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
The first picture look s like a redneck Limo!
What came to mind to me when I saw that picture was "Granny" from "The Beverly Hillbillies". Then I saw that "Granny" had a beard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #1435

Winnebago Owners Club
Trailer Trash

No wonder my friends think we are Trailer Trash
Old 05-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #1436

But, the bright side, when the DW asks if I can run to the store, I'm already there.

-------
John & Leslie
'97 American Dream
Old 05-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #1437

Winnebago Owners Club
We're new to RVing, having bought our first RV last September. During the 4 trips we've done to date, we've overnighted in a WM once. On our way to NC we got caught in a horrible thunderstorm just north of Atlanta. We saw a Wal-Mart sign and made a beeline for it. After getting permission, we settled in for the night with some tasty food from their deli and rode out the weather.

For our up-coming Fall trip to South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado we plan to have 3 long (500 miles/10 hours), hard days at the beginning, from home to the Badlands. We don't want to have to unhitch the Jeep and back into a site like we're settling in, just to get a night's sleep. I have phone #s for both private and public CGs which say they have some pull-thru sites. As it gets close to the time we're ready to stop, I'll start calling to see what's available close by.

If there aren't any pull-thru sites, we'll overnight in WMs, Cracker Barrels, or whatever other RV friendly spot we can find. I know some we'll think we're cheap. I think we're being practical. We won't put out either slide, drop our jacks, or do anything else "tacky." Come early morning, no one will even know we've been there. We "leave only footprints" when we camp or hike. We won't even leave those in this case.

Happy traveling.

Fran
Old 05-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #1438

Quote:
If there aren't any pull-thru sites, we'll overnight in WMs, Cracker Barrels, or whatever other RV friendly spot we can find. I know some we'll think we're cheap.
Even if it were true there is nothing wrong with being cheap. Or a better word.... frugal... when someone calls you cheap for staying at Walmart not having any clue of your finances, I would be curious of the motive of such a statement. It doesn't take a detective to figure this one out. does it?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #1439

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM
We have been wondering why some Walmarts have begun to turn us away. Well here is one of the reasons. I hope the picture comes through. The MH is parked in the middle row blocking four parking spots and encroaching on the driving lane. THis wasn't at the back of the lot but mid-way up the line. Please folks don't do this sort of thing, it makes it hard for everyone else.
Great photo
Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #1440

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridafran View Post
We're new to RVing, having bought our first RV last September. During the 4 trips we've done to date, we've overnighted in a WM once. On our way to NC we got caught in a horrible thunderstorm just north of Atlanta. We saw a Wal-Mart sign and made a beeline for it. After getting permission, we settled in for the night with some tasty food from their deli and rode out the weather.

For our up-coming Fall trip to South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado we plan to have 3 long (500 miles/10 hours), hard days at the beginning, from home to the Badlands. We don't want to have to unhitch the Jeep and back into a site like we're settling in, just to get a night's sleep. I have phone #s for both private and public CGs which say they have some pull-thru sites. As it gets close to the time we're ready to stop, I'll start calling to see what's available close by.

If there aren't any pull-thru sites, we'll overnight in WMs, Cracker Barrels, or whatever other RV friendly spot we can find. I know some we'll think we're cheap. I think we're being practical. We won't put out either slide, drop our jacks, or do anything else "tacky." Come early morning, no one will even know we've been there. We "leave only footprints" when we camp or hike. We won't even leave those in this case.

Happy traveling.

Fran
Fran,

Enjoy your trip. There are no rules when it comes to staying the night at Wal-Mart or any other place that has agreed to allow you to stay. When you ask for permission to stay the night in an RV and the manager grants that permission, it's expected the RV will be used like an RV. Park where indicated and use your jacks and slides if they are needed and convenient. There is nothing "tacky" about using an RV the way it was meant to be used.

There is nothing "cheap" about it, either. Wal-Mart, Cracker Barrel and others are convenient and that's it. Don't feel like you are taking advantage when 'ol Sam himself has invited you to stay as long as the manager ok's it.

If you feel like you "owe" them something, gather up some carts or pick up a little trash or whatever else you feel you want to do. Smile and wave as you leave. Have a great time!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 AM   #1441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Even if it were true there is nothing wrong with being cheap. Or a better word.... frugal... when someone calls you cheap for staying at Walmart not having any clue of your finances, I would be curious of the motive of such a statement. It doesn't take a detective to figure this one out. does it?
As Dave Ramsey always says, "If your broke friends are making fun of you being cheap etc, that means you are doing a great job financially. "

20 Things Broke People Say - Other - daveramsey.com
Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #1442

Triple E Owners Club
RV/Camp sites should have 2 rates:

1. For people using their facilities, washrooms, playgrounds, beaches, pools, etc.

2. Another rate for people pulling in late just wanting to park and sleep and leave early.

If they applied no. 2, they would drum up a lot more business and there would be no reason for them to complain about people parking at Walmarts.

I refuse to pay full rate just to park and sleep.
That makes Walmart my first choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping