Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #1485

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
That's fine as long as you remember this is not a court.
That is a "lawyer" joke....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #1486

Fleetwood Owners Club
Attorneys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Yea I do!

Argument by itself is not a bad thing, it is only when people introduce negativity or personal attacks that it becomes negative and uncomfortable..

For every position, there are at least two additional different oppositional viewpoints, and the only way doe one to develop an INFORMED opinion, is to review and weigh all the differing perspectives.

The secret to argument in court:
  1. When the facts are on your side; Argue the facts,
  2. When the facts are not on your side; Argue the Law,
  3. When neither is on your side; Start calling names!
You must be an attorney, I didn't think of them, yes they love to argue and win no matter if they are wright or wrong. Have a great day. Love this site and everyone's opinion. Your are right, personal attacks are offensive to me. Tell me why you think I am wrong and give me a good reason. I will consider it! and Tell you why you are wrong.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #1487

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What would Saturday morning be like without reading the weekly Wal-Mart posts? I always get a smile from this.
Here's my 2 cents worth. I am 100% pleased that Wal-Mart offers this hospitality to their customers. I am a Wal-Mart customer (just ask my credit card company:>). I am not a full timer, but I have driven coast to coast around the USA 3 times and never parked overnight at Wal-Mart. I sure am glad the Wal-Mart option is there for when I need it. As for what others do and how they push the boundaries - I'll leave that up to Wal-Mart management and the law/lawyers to argue about while I get on down the road to the next adventure.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #1488

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Parking
Proximity
Permission
shopping
Old 05-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #1489

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
shopping
Didn't use shopping because it doesn't start with "p"
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #1490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Ya think this will settle it?......................I'm sure it won't.
I know, injecting facts into the forum... I am an eternal optimist

Steve
Old 05-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #1491

Triple E Owners Club
With all those RV'ers parking in their parking lots they might consider selling Chinese RV's.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #1492

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Didn't use shopping because it doesn't start with "p"
Purchasing
Old 05-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #1493

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S. View Post
With all those RV'ers parking in their parking lots they might consider selling Chinese RV's.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #1494
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S. View Post
BTW, No Parking signs don't mean much. I see them all over the place at different Walmarts, but people are still allowed to park overnight by management.
At some Walmarts, "No Overnight Parkihg" signs don't mean much, but at others they mean exactly what they say.

Some stores have "No Overnight Parking" signs that actually mean "No Overnight Truck Parking," yet the store will give permission for RVs to park overnight.

Other stores have "No Overnight Parking" signs in one area of the lot, but will give permission to park overnight in other areas of the lot.

Some stores are in cities with Anti-RV "No Overnight RV Parking" laws, but the laws are enforced only if there is a problem of some sort. Often, these stores will have "No Overnight RV Parking" signage in the lot, but will readily grant permission for one night. In some cities, the police will not ticket or evict RVers unless the store requests it, and the signs are there to give the store and the police legal leverage to do so.

And of course, at some stores, "No Overnight Parking" signs mean no overnight parking by anyone, at any time, for any reason.

How do you know the situation at any given store? Simple. You go to the Customer Service Desk or the Manager on Duty (not to a clerk, greeter, or other shopping cart attendant) and ask permission to park overnight for one night.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #1495

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Purchasing
Thank you. Purloined, but that is a !
Old 05-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #1496
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracefn45 View Post
... most cabellas also have Dump stations and dog runs and its all free, they like wallmarts, bass pro ect. don;t have a problem with Overnight stays, ...
There are some Cabela's and some Bass Pro Shops, as well as several hundred Walmarts, that do not allow Overnight RV Parking.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #1497
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
... There are no rules when it comes to staying the night at Wal-Mart or any other place that has agreed to allow you to stay. When you ask for permission to stay the night in an RV and the manager grants that permission, it's expected the RV will be used like an RV. Park where indicated and use your jacks and slides if they are needed and convenient. ....
There is one rule at Walmart, and you mentioned it: Walmart's corporate website says to obtain permission from the Manager. In the majority of store, the Customer Service desk is authorized to grant or deny permission. At any other retail store, asking permission is simply good manners.

The permission that these stores grant is virtually always permission to PARK overnight, not to set up a campsite.

There are some other "good manners" guidelines as well. You mention slides and jacks. Slides should be extended only when it's safe for you and for others -- that is, extended only over areas where nobody will be walking or driving and where no moving vehicles may strike them. If using jacks on asphalt, use jack pads or pieces of plywood to prevent leaving impressions in the surface of the lot.

There are some other guidelines as well, which the FMCA and numerous other RVing organizations. http://www.fmca.com/images/stories/p...ing_letter.pdf
Old 05-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #1498
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N Deb View Post
Has anyone stayed at the wallmart in Lethbridge Alta. or have any info about stopping there overnight
There are two Walmart Supercentres in Lethbridge, AB:

Walmart Supercentre # 1078
3195 - 26th Ave North
Lethbridge, AB T1H 5P4

Walmart Supercentre # 3048
3700 Mayor Magrath Drive South
Lethbridge, AB T1K 7T6

Store # 3048 allows Overnight RV Parking with permission from the store, according to RVers who parked overnight there July & Sept 2008 and May 2010.

Store # 1078 is also reported as allowing Overnight RV Parking, with permission from the store manager, but my most recent report on that store was in Dec 2007. (I guess I need to call them and re-verify the store's policy.)
Closed Thread

Tags
camping