Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
WELL, as one of those hated and nasty, evil "anti Wal Mart RVers", we have made it our practice to take RESPONSIBILITY for our own travel planning and accommodations,

- so we make sure to plan our route, and make reservations well in advance of long distance travel - especially logical, when Holiday travel is involved, don't you think?

Why on earth would any RVer pay 10's of thousands of $$$$ for an RV - and THEN determinedly REFUSE to plan travels ahead for the relatively FEW paltry dollars a guaranteed resting place at the end of the days travel provides for them and their family?

YEAH, I know - trip planning is ALSO not popular in discussions on this thread's topic...
That's GREAT...more spots for us cheap, irresponsible people that never plan on growing up!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #1584

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Why does it matter to anyone but Wal*Mart? If they allow it and the local laws allow it why does anyone else care?
If we stay a few more nights at Wal*Mart we can afford that new Newmar Essex here at the Albany OR FMCA rally!!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #1585

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
WELL, as one of those hated and nasty, evil "anti Wal Mart RVers", we have made it our practice to take RESPONSIBILITY for our own travel planning and accommodations,

- so we make sure to plan our route, and make reservations well in advance of long distance travel - especially logical, when Holiday travel is involved, don't you think?

Why on earth would any RVer pay 10's of thousands of $$$$ for an RV - and THEN determinedly REFUSE to plan travels ahead for the relatively FEW paltry dollars a guaranteed resting place at the end of the days travel provides for them and their family?

YEAH, I know - personally responsible trip planning is ALSO not popular in discussions on this thread's topic...
I'm a mature and responsible RVer. I DIDN'T pay tens of thousands of dollars for an RV. I'm a military retiree on a disability pension. If I find that safety and comfort concerns merit my temporary stay at a Walmart, Home Depot, Cracker Barrel, or other dry camping site, that is MY decision, and has no reflection on my maturity, my planning, or my responsibility.

Many of the places I stay, such as military campgrounds, forest service sites, and county parks, do not take reservations, and so your assertion that I would have a guaranteed place to stay is false on its face.

I plan my trips, but even the best laid plans go bad, when tires blow out, engines overheat, family members want to vary the route, or an accident causes a miles long traffic jam. Ever been caught on a 18 mile long bridge between exits and no other way off? I have.

Not all of us can drop $50 a night at a KOA or $100 a night at a coach only resort. Some of us have to watch every penny. If that means taking Walmart up on their offer of hospitality, and in exchange getting needed items for the trip there, or taking Cracker Barrel up on their offer and having a hot breakfast there after a free night in their lot, what concern is it of yours?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post

I'm a mature and responsible RVer. I DIDN'T pay tens of thousands of dollars for an RV. I'm a military retiree on a disability pension. If I find that safety and comfort concerns merit my temporary stay at a Walmart, Home Depot, Cracker Barrel, or other dry camping site, that is MY decision, and has no reflection on my maturity, my planning, or my responsibility.

Many of the places I stay, such as military campgrounds, forest service sites, and county parks, do not take reservations, and so your assertion that I would have a guaranteed place to stay is false on its face.

I plan my trips, but even the best laid plans go bad, when tires blow out, engines overheat, family members want to vary the route, or an accident causes a miles long traffic jam. Ever been caught on a 18 mile long bridge between exits and no other way off? I have.

Not all of us can drop $50 a night at a KOA or $100 a night at a coach only resort. Some of us have to watch every penny. If that means taking Walmart up on their offer of hospitality, and in exchange getting needed items for the trip there, or taking Cracker Barrel up on their offer and having a hot breakfast there after a free night in their lot, what concern is it of yours?
x----2
Old 06-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #1587

Vintage RV Owners Club

Idea!
Let's argue about something else!
I'll start this one...

According to ME THE EXPERT, the very best Wal-Mart for overnighting is the one in Wenatchee, Washington because it has a little treed "picnic area" and fabulous views of the Columbia River!

And anybody who says otherwise is just ITCHING FOR A FIGHT

Francesca
Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #1588

Newmar Owners Club
That ought to be worth at least a few hundred more posts.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #1589

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Sounds like a plan...name a Wal-mart and rate it just as you would a campground. What are the amenities? Is it a 24/7? Is it a super center? Do the local laws prohibit parking, camping, partying. Any shade, any views, would stay there again...etc.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #1590

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now if only WalMart would install coin operated electrical outlets, water hookup, and a dump station (fee of course), everything would be fine!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #1591
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Community Rules Advisory:
Quote:
Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
Thank you.

Lori-
Old 06-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #1592

Vintage RV Owners Club
Question

Can we still have a "my-Wal-Mart's-better-than-yours" contest?
Not that there's any real competition for Wenatchee...

Francesca
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #1593

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Crestview, Florida is nice. Convenient to the interstate, there's a nice shaded picnic area next to the garden center, several restaurants within walking distance, open 24/7, natives are friendly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #1594

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
Rick,

If it was ONLY the RV's that you saw parked there then may be...but how many RVers stopped during the day to resupply and then moved on down the road... It seems that RVers kind of stick together and towns don't want to take a chance of getting the "Blackball treatment" from such a large group. Look at the towns that reversed themself on overnight parking...Lake City, FL comes to mind.
I live in Lake City, Fl and have to agree that the reversal on the ban was a good thing. Yes, to ban RV parking will take away a few dollars from the town but just a drop in the bucket for Wall Mart. It hurts the campgrounds pockets the most. There are books out there written about boondocking and if your towns Wall Mart is on the list, yes hundreds of campers will bypass your city or town. What a lot of the RV parks don't realize is that the whole town gets the reputation of being unfriendly to RVs and that will hurt their campgrounds even more that if they left the few alone that parks at Wally World.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #1595

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
WOW! Any thing else in my life you want to control?
Hey these people probably own a campground or something and feel Wally world is cheating them out of a few dollars.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #1596

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Idea!
Let's argue about something else!
I'll start this one...

According to ME THE EXPERT, the very best Wal-Mart for overnighting is the one in Wenatchee, Washington because it has a little treed "picnic area" and fabulous views of the Columbia River!

And anybody who says otherwise is just ITCHING FOR A FIGHT

Francesca
OK, my turn.

The worst Walmart to stay is in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada.
To many patches and potholes in their parking lot.
Unless they repave, I will not stay there anymore.
What a way to treat overnight clients! Should not be allowed!!

The best one is the one where they have plug ins.....forgot where it was....up north somewhere in Canada..... that's great service!
Closed Thread

Tags
camping