Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrver View Post
i plan on staying in a walmart next thursday nite ,when i get permission from the manager ,i will make a sign for the outside of my rig that says"just in case you wanted to know..i asked first"

you just never know when a self appointed walmart anti overnight rv parker may come by
amen brother!!!!!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #1850

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
"What do they do when they stay at Wall Mart" Well when We stay there we go around the area doing the regular tourist things. we usually don't spend the DAY there just the NIGHT. I am planning to spend several nights at the same Wal Mart this summer because I am just too cheep to stay at the only camp ground near to where I want to be .The camp ground rates start at $55 per night and go up from there with extras added along the way plus tax. I don't need any of the extras and would rather spend the money on tourist attractions than a parking space
Old 06-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #1851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N Deb View Post
"What do they do when they stay at Wall Mart" Well when We stay there we go around the area doing the regular tourist things. we usually don't spend the DAY there just the NIGHT. I am planning to spend several nights at the same Wal Mart this summer because I am just too cheep to stay at the only camp ground near to where I want to be .The camp ground rates start at $55 per night and go up from there with extras added along the way plus tax. I don't need any of the extras and would rather spend the money on tourist attractions than a parking space
We stopped in a CG around 4pm for the night. We had to ring a bell for the manager. She shows up looking mad and asks "what do you need?" I said a pull thru. She tells me it's $62 + $2.50 for 50 amp, + $5.00 for the dog + $10 for wifi + $10.00 for my motorcycle trailer. I told her that's a crime. Wally world was right up the street.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #1852

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
We stopped in a CG around 4pm for the night. We had to ring a bell for the manager. She shows up looking mad and asks "what do you need?" I said a pull thru. She tells me it's $62 + $2.50 for 50 amp, + $5.00 for the dog + $10 for wifi + $10.00 for my motorcycle trailer. I told her that's a crime. Wally world was right up the street.
90 bucks and she was looking mad at 4pm? Another hour and you would have been shot!
J
Old 06-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #1853

Heartland RV Club
My DW and I went to our local Walmart today. when we pulled into the parking lot I saw a travel trailer pull in also . They parked at the far end of the parking lot ,and walked toward the store . I thought they were going in to ask for permission to stay. But all they did was shop a little ,I was following them around to see if they were going to ask. The DW was finished about the same time as the people in the trailer ,so I told my wife I was going to tell them they would have to leave the parking lot because it was obvious they had not asked permission to stay.

She told me I had better not embarrass her ,because it was none of my business ,and if the store had a problem with it they would handle it.

Besides that I did not want to sleep on the couch all weekend.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #1854

Heartland RV Club
OOPS!! wrong thread ,i should have posted it here
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/post-...e-95390-2.html
Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #1855

It seems that some are apposed to the asking for permission rule..

If it would prevent me from being evicted in the middle of the night I would ask for permission.

If I see other Rvs already snoozing, I will just sneak in and go to sleep and ask permission in the morning....
Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #1856

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I wonder who holds the "record" for overnighting at a Wal-mart??? Number of different Wal-marts?? Number of states??? Maybe we could get it entered into some kind of record book somewhere..
Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #1857

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It does not help the Rving community when some one vacations at Walmart parking lots for days at a time. Its one thing to get a quick nights sleep and be gone in the morning, and most people have no real problem with that, but a completly different situation when some one leaves their units at a Walmart and camps there for days at a time.
Locals see the same unit parked there for days and then they start to complain to their local governments to change laws.
The result is not good for any of us.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
Old 06-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #1858

Quote:
It does not help the Rving community when some one vacations at Walmart parking lots for days at a time. Its one thing to get a quick nights sleep and be gone in the morning, and most people have no real problem with that, but a completely different situation when some one leaves their units at a Walmart and camps there for days at a time.
Locals see the same unit parked there for days and then they start to complain to their local governments to change laws.
The result is not good for any of us.
Theres Rvs parked every night anyways... does it really matter to anyone that the Rvs are recycled with new ones each night? I think most people are to busy with there own lives to notice or care if the Rvs parked in the corner of a Walmart parking lot were there the night before.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #1859

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
IMO to much concern is put on the publics concern weather there are RVs in the Wamart parking lot for how many or how long. They are there to shop and not care who else is parking there. It has been document on this posting that the CG owners are the ones trying to stop parking in any lots but theirs. We as RV owners should practice courtesy to the site we stay at no mather were we park.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #1860

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Theres Rvs parked every night anyways... does it really matter to anyone that the Rvs are recycled with new ones each night? I think most people are to busy with there own lives to notice or care if the Rvs parked in the corner of a Walmart parking lot were there the night before.
I think your correct except for retired folks, for some they have nothing better to do.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #1861

I know from my former city that the City Council members thought that allowing RV'ers to overnight would bring in a "bad element" into the city and increase crime ETC. Several of them were bad element themselves, but it isn't just the campground owners. Sometimes it is also that Wal-Mart doesn't own the parking lot and doesn't have control. I recently stayed at one and when we asked, I was told, "We don't own the parking lot, but please stay at the Sam's next door. We own it and it is OK."
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #1862

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The code of Conduct published and accepted by most major RV groups, including FMCA and Good Sam ,referred to as the RVers Good Neighbour Policy, limits overnight parking to one night at establishments such as Walmart.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
Closed Thread

Tags
camping