Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #2115

Monaco Owners Club
Nitehawk, Where did you work at WM?
Rebel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #2116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Since we have over 2100 posts repeating yea or nay, perhaps we should close the thread, delete all posts but the first page and everyone will have only one page to look at.

Think of the savings in electrons and index finger injuries from mouse scrolling through all the pages.
NO! NO! This is the first thing I look at every day; If this is deleated it will just pop up again somewhere else.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #2117

Rebel, the WM in Rib Mountain, WI. Rib Mountain is right next door to Wausau, WI.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #2118
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePirat View Post
So is there a difference between camping and parking overnight? We do put out the sides when in a WW parking lot, but we dont light a camp fire.
If you put out your slides, it's best to extend them over a curb & grass area, where they won't get run into by a careless driver.

If your rig requires use of levelers before extending slides, be sure to use protective pads so the levelers don't leave a dent in the asphalt.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #2119
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
If you pull into a Walmart and there are other RVs parked and set up do you still go in and ask the manager if you can stay. Some replys state many RVs in the lot. I would think the manager could get mad to be called up front over and over.
Walmart's Corporate Policy says to obtain permission from the manager before parking your RV. At most stores, this is delegated to the Customer Service Desk, so that's the best place to ask. Permission from the greeter or from the shopping cart retriever isn't sufficient, as they're virtually never authorized by the store to state store policy or grant permission to park overnight.

It's a widely-held misconception that every Walmart allows Overnight RV Parking, and that permission is not required. Thus, if you see other RVs in the lot, you have no way of knowing whether or not they have permission from the store to park overnight. If you assume they have permission and they don't, you can all be evicted from the lot by the local police in the middle of the night, or you can all wake up to find an expensive parking citation under your windshield. (Yes, both have happened, in various parts of the US.)
Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #2120
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Let me rephrase that correctly for you: The local laws or the parking lot owner doesn't allow it, Wal*Mart corporate does.
Actually, Walmart Corporate leaves it to each store manager to set the Overnight RV Parking policy for his/her store, within the scope of local laws.

There are Walmarts where it would be legal for the store to allow Overnight RV Parking, but the manager has set the policy otherwise. Usually, this is because of inappropriate behavior or actions by RVers, including but not limited to
  • parking overnight without permission
  • parking too close to the building
  • staying more than one night
  • using awinings, lawn furniture and/or BBQ grills
  • damaging the parking lot surface with their levelers
  • dumping holding tanks in storm drains.
I've spoken with hundreds of Walmart store managers, either in person or by telephone. All of the above have been cited by managers as reasons they no longer allow RVs to park overnight at their particular store.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #2121

Time to close this thread . Nothing seems to be said that hasn't been said in the first 700 comments listed. Follow the rules, avoid excessive use, and get permission. How hard is that? You aren't camping at W/M. your parking for awhile. How much more exciting can it get?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #2122

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Time to close this thread . Nothing seems to be said that hasn't been said in the first 700 comments listed. Follow the rules, avoid excessive use, and get permission. How hard is that? You aren't camping at W/M. your parking for awhile. How much more exciting can it get?
I'm still trying to figure out if people are more annoyed at those camping at Walmart or the continued existence of this thread.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
Im down at the Jersey shore at Capemay.
I had to go to walmarts and notice 5 MH park at walmart.
I do not agree with this but they had there slides out and few even had there awning out. I think they got here early probably a day sooner and waiting to get in to there campground.
I have stayed in a walmarts but did not put out the slides and well did not camp there.
O well just my two cents
Jim
Oh good Lord will you all PLEASE let this Wal Mart stuff rest. No one in their right mind would read all these posts concerning Wal Mart. Get a life and a rv park to put down for the night or what ever.. Some of us are bored silly with Wal Mart parking lots.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #2124

Tiffin Owners Club
I be thinking those that want this thread closed should unsuscribe from it. Than you don't have to read something you don't enjoy. Let others who enjoy it continue to enjoy it.

jack
Old 07-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #2125

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Oh good Lord will you all PLEASE let this Wal Mart stuff rest. No one in their right mind would read all these posts concerning Wal Mart. Get a life and a rv park to put down for the night or what ever.. Some of us are bored silly with Wal Mart parking lots.
Lost another reader.
J
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
I be thinking those that want this thread closed should unsuscribe from it. Than you don't have to read something you don't enjoy. Let others who enjoy it continue to enjoy it.

jack
I dont think anyone is anymore. How many times can you say"yes I park there no I dont park there". I ve seen people there that could well afford to put down in a rv park if not buy it. I personally enjoy this forum but this constant Wal Mart parking argument is a little much. And no I dont subscribe to it.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #2127

Quote:

jack
I agree,...

Let Donny UNSUBSCRIBE.

Oh Wait,.. Let's torture him and make it so he CAN"T unsubscribe... he he

Just kiddin' Don

I HAVE read every post and have enjoyed them ALL.
I'm also a WM camper AND shopper.
thecruiser
Old 07-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #2128

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

jack
+1 Exactly!
Closed Thread

Tags
camping