Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #1

Wander Care?

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with Wander Care? $25 per year gets you 24/7 support from a supposedly qualified technician to trouble shoot and guide you through a solution if it’s something that can be DIY. They also say they have a referral network of qualified technicians if the problem can’t be fixed DIY.

For $25 a year it sounds like a bargain as I gave so many questions about how things work, how to maintain, and little things I’m not sure about. It sure sounds like a win to have someone on speed dial who can answer my stream of seemingly endless questions about my TT.

Too good to be true or easily worth 25?
Souljourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2021, 01:10 PM   #2

Same questions/answer RIGHT HERE for FREE.........

24/7
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Agree that this site could do the same thing. I like fixing things myself. Education and being prepared is good but everyone is different. I saw the ad on RV Pro today and it looks brand new. Might be interesting to check it out. 25 bucks is a cheap gamble but like I say- increase your knowledge base to make sure you don't get the wrong advice.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:11 AM   #4

You'd be wasting your money when the same information is here for free. Plus you get thousands of experts not just one.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:47 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The info here may be free, but you get a dozen opinions, only 7 of which are relevant and sometimes only a couple of them right. $25/year is darn cheap for personal consulting access, IF the responses are timely and helpful. That's a big IF, though.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:01 PM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Become a supporter here for ~$20 and save $5.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
The info here may be free, but you get a dozen opinions, only 7 of which are relevant and sometimes only a couple of them right. $25/year is darn cheap for personal consulting access, IF the responses are timely and helpful. That's a big IF, though.
And the "expect' actual knows something

Seen a lot of answers on 'paid sites' that were total horse pucky

Heck...information from 'RV Techs' are bogus

Yes information/responses here are free.
Then with that info.....research the answer to verify

Simple........
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:59 PM   #8

Such a website has been on the internet for years: https://www.justanswer.com/

When one purchases Coach-Net emergency roadside assistance premium, they have the option to speak with an expert RV technician when they have an emergency, which is included in the annual fee.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post

I believe the most difficult part of fixing something complex like an RV is figuring out what's wrong with it, ie diagnosing the problem.That's why these forums are so valuable to me. Simply taking it to a mechanic where many of their diagnostic procedures are to replace items until it's fixed is expensive and time consuming.

However when I ask a question on any forum I expect to get some answers that are not relevant or just plain wrong, that's the nature of free advice from the public. But I generally can sort out the wrong and not relevant answers pretty quick. Plus folks on this forum like Gary have a reputation that people listen to when he speaks.

I have also got answers to questions that I first thought were not relevant that turned out to be spot on. Paying for advice from one person even if they have experience may work for some, but for me I like to tap in to the collective wisdom of hundreds of helpful folks on forums like this and trust myself to weed out the irrelevant ones. But for those who know nothing about mechanical devices, never held a wrench in their hand then maybe a pay for advice service would be best.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:16 AM   #10

The first thing you should do is get the service manual for each of your appliances from the manufacturer's website. They are available for a free download in PDF format. They all have step by step troubleshooting guides for diagnosing issues as well as a list of special tools needed.
The main issue with advice from the forums is that the people asking often do not provide enough information about what brand and model number the appliance is. They also just say "it doesn't work, what could be wrong?". Naturally you get a lot of different answers that have nothing to do with the actual problem.
Talking one on one with a good service person can be very valuable if they take you step by step down the troubleshooting list to find the real solution. But you can also get there by reading the manual.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:32 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For what it's worth - - - We were non-RVers when we purchased our first RV motor home 7 years ago.

I learned so much on here, the latest being what fuse size and location for a fuse I needed to change.

Yes - you have to read the responses and do some research on your own - but for the most part - all the info has been correct and steered me in the right direction.

Good luck....

g
Old 06-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Same questions/answer RIGHT HERE for FREE.........

24/7
Absolutely! There is more knowledge and experience available right here than Wander Care will ever have!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:00 AM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Become a supporter here for ~$20 and save $5.
Actually, I think it's $15.03! Now THAT'S a bargain!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:35 PM   #14

If you get one spot on answer and save just an hour of your time. then money ahead well spent. This is a great place to gather great advice and knowledge .But have seen posts that seem nearly invisible for unknown reasons as well ,maybe title was not the best to attract attention. Or didn't want to go down newbie rabbit hole. I have asked a couple of these myself.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote