Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #99

Laundrymats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklingel View Post
For those that travel through the States a lot, are you able to find laundromats readily, or do you go days on end wearing the same clothes? My Main is now insisting on a W/D because "laundromats are hard to find Outside". (They are pretty common here in AK, so we don't have a real issue w/ that.) What are you folks experiencing? It would sure make a lot more coaches available from which to choose if we do not "need" a W/D. Pls advise. I don't get Outside much. Thanks. j
Laundry mats are plentiful. We traveled 4 to 6 months of the year for 25 years and chose to laundry about every 2 weeks. At a laundry mat, we could fill 4 washers and get it done with one washing and drying cycle. We had rather have the storage space in the motorhome than a washer and dryier.

Pinecone and Pat
Pine Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2021, 05:38 PM   #100

Of course laundromats are available almost anywhere people camp.

The real issue is with the OP's question is "Who wants to buy a $200,000 RV and sit around a dumpy laudromat for two hours?"

It sort of like, "Should I get a Cadillac with air conditioning? Do I really need it?"

Well ... yea!
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:43 PM   #101

Mid Atlantic Campers
We recently returned from a six week trip to Michigan and back to Maryland. We washed our clothes about every 10 days because why wait for it to pile up? If we weren't using the campground laundromat, we found a laundromat in the little towns we were in. And, let me tell you, these were super nice and clean laundromats with lots of machines available. We would throw the clothes in and take a little walk or play on our devices and then return to put them in the dryer. If washing in the campground we threw them in the wash, set a timer and started dinner. Wasn't a hassle at all. Campgrounds only usually have a couple of washers so always set a timer so the machines are available to others. The only hassle is making sure you have a lot of quarters on hand. Usually it was about $2.50 a load but sometimes cheaper. Then, of course, more for the dryer.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:46 PM   #102

Alpine Owners Club
Get the W/D. It’s great. Just don’t overload. We come back from trips with very little to wash. Nice to not have to find a place to wash clothes. If the wife wants it, get it!
kbenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #103

We have the combo Splendide washer/dryer that is vented and it works great. Easy to use, does a great job and convenient. I say get it. We keep cloths in the RV and on the last day do the laundry. We never need to load or unload cloths, it's great.
VentanaOdyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:04 PM   #104

Winnebago Owners Club
We always had a washer and dryer and loved it. But when we downsized to a 25 foot Navion, it looked like space would not allow it. Then we found a small portable unit, a Kruppet on Amazon, I had to try it. WINNER!!!! We store it and use it in the shower. It’s light enough to set it out in the living areas when you want to take a shower. The agitation for wash and rinse cycles is good. The spin dryer, does an incredible job. I have a drying rack with attached clothes clamps which I can suspend from the ceiling in the living area or from a bar in the shower. Clothes can dry while doing doing other things or even while driving. Key thing is since the wash water volumn is low, is not to use too much soap. I can do even my big “sheet” towels. I don’t do sheets because there’s no good place to dry them in the rig.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #105

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Absolutely! We use ours all of the time.
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:13 PM   #106

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikesAndGuns View Post
We love our all-in-one Splendide. Be sure to get the vented model and be sure to always use fabric softener because it keeps the unit from clogging.
Very true and fabric softener also helps eliminate a lot of wrinkles in the clothing.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:23 PM   #107

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jklingel View Post
Great replies, folks, and, as usual, two sides to the issue. The coach we will p/u this spring (probably) has one, but it is some kind of combo Splendide thing as opposed to stacked, separate W/D. I have NI how it will work, so I thought I'd ask about laundromats as a backup plan, which may turn into Plan A. We have used laundromats in four AK cities and there have always been very clean machines and a clean facility. That said, not every place is gonna be a big plus. Some people just don't think past their hands. I'll see how this combo machine works, and thanks for the info.
I do think you will enjoy having one. Make sure you download and read a copy of the instructions per your model number. It will tell you NOT to overload and to use fabric softener for less wrinkles in clothing.
Also, be prepared to do several small loads and it does take much longer than conventional machines.
Again, with all of that being said, I do think you will be glad you have one.

Good luck
Old 10-03-2021, 06:23 PM   #108

Monaco Owners Club
W/D is like Aquahot. You don’t know how great they are until you don’t have it.
terry.flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #109

Our 3rd coach but 1st washer/dryer. Fantastic. Also, dishwasher is great (DS4369).
Ryancasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #110

Get the W/D

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
We are full time and use ours all the time.
Us too. We did swap out the original stacked washer dryer combo and got the vented Splendide all in one. We now have storage above the unit and it’s been awesome. No regrets.
followteambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #111

Winnebago Owners Club
yes, used ours all the time, since we downsized and only do a few days a year still miss being able to do a load while going down the road.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #112

Laundromats are very common in most places-and most truck stops have laundry machines. If you boondock, a W/D is useless. It's another thing to winterize.

Also, research the reliability and repair costs very carefully.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote