Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2021, 07:15 AM   #183

W/D vs Cheeze Steak & Beer

It's a choice... Do you want to do laundry OR head into town and grab a beer and Philly Cheeze Steak. Oh decisions, decisions, decisions
edaa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #184

Like the OP, I am also from Alaska and lived for over 40 years in Fairbanks. In September we moved to southern beach community in Haines, Alaska. I am picking up a 5th wheel in Montana soon and will bring it to Oregon where I will be based for a bit while I have a knee replaced. She Who Must Be Obeyed does want a W/D and the unit is plumbed for it. My question is this - does anybody have a recommendation for dealer/service company in Oregon to install a vented unit?
FV Icy Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #185

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis123 View Post
I take enough clothes with me so that if it rains on laundry day I’ll be ok. For what you pay for a washer and dryer I can do mine in a laundry mat a lot cheaper. I run a load of bleach water and then do my clothes. A DEFINITE NO to the washer and dryer. Can use that space for something else.
It's not matter of economics, if it were you would not be in an RV.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:03 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeman1 View Post
It's not matter of economics, if it were you would not be in an RV.
In that case, I'll have my man Jeeves take it to the dry cleaners (light on starch of course)!
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #187

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis123 View Post
I run a load of bleach water and then do my clothes.
Really? Why? Sounds like a con for laundromats to me. Are you only using 1 machine at the laundromat or are you doing that for multiple washers? That seems like a lot of wasted time and money. I like the convenience of doing ours in our RV and not dealing with unavailable and broken machines, dirty machines and environment, and screaming kids running around. It's just me and the DW in a 45 ft. diesel pusher and space hasn't been an issue. We also have a stackable Washer and Dryer not a washer/dryer combination.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #188

Thought we'd never use it, Boy were we wrong. Love it!!
Old 10-22-2021, 02:08 PM   #189

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
Really? Why? Sounds like a con for laundromats to me. Are you only using 1 machine at the laundromat or are you doing that for multiple washers? That seems like a lot of wasted time and money. I like the convenience of doing ours in our RV and not dealing with unavailable and broken machines, dirty machines and environment, and screaming kids running around. It's just me and the DW in a 45 ft. diesel pusher and space hasn't been an issue. We also have a stackable Washer and Dryer not a washer/dryer combination.

The reason we have a motorhome is that we can sleep in our bed on our pillow and set on our toilet and shower in our shower... So I will not use a public washer and dryer!
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:22 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaa53 View Post
It's a choice... Do you want to do laundry OR head into town and grab a beer and Philly Cheeze Steak. Oh decisions, decisions, decisions
Both...eat while the laundry is washing.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:27 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
Both...eat while the laundry is washing.
That's what we do too. Put the laundry into the washers and go grocery shopping, then put it into the dryers and get lunch. By the time lunch is done, so is the laundry. Never encountered washers that I felt needed to be cleaned before use, or dryers either, but have encountered places where the dryers are not properly vented and take longer than they should. It's actually a lot faster and more efficient than doing laundry at home... Laundry for 5 takes a while.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:41 PM   #192

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
That's what we do too. Put the laundry into the washers and go grocery shopping, then put it into the dryers and get lunch. By the time lunch is done, so is the laundry. Never encountered washers that I felt needed to be cleaned before use, or dryers either, but have encountered places where the dryers are not properly vented and take longer than they should. It's actually a lot faster and more efficient than doing laundry at home... Laundry for 5 takes a while.
So you ignore the sign, "Do no leave clothes unattended " that I've seen at laundromats across the US? I know the one I take our big sleeping bags to has that sign and I have seen it at campground laundromats as well. Don't tell me you're back before they're done because we all know better.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #193

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FV Icy Swan View Post
Like the OP, I am also from Alaska and lived for over 40 years in Fairbanks. In September we moved to southern beach community in Haines, Alaska. I am picking up a 5th wheel in Montana soon and will bring it to Oregon where I will be based for a bit while I have a knee replaced. She Who Must Be Obeyed does want a W/D and the unit is plumbed for it. My question is this - does anybody have a recommendation for dealer/service company in Oregon to install a vented unit?

Depends on where you are located. In Oregon Eugene area, I recommend Oregon Motorcoach. Oregon Motorcoach Center - Premium RV Service Center | Eugene, OR
In Junction City, I recommend Amazing Creations.https://www.amazingcreationsrv.com/

I know both owners and both do excellent work
Old 10-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
So you ignore the sign, "Do no leave clothes unattended " that I've seen at laundromats across the US? I know the one I take our big sleeping bags to has that sign and I have seen it at campground laundromats as well. Don't tell me you're back before they're done because we all know better.
Yes, I ignore that sign when it's present. And yes, I set an alarm on my phone that goes off 15 minutes before the laundry, and am usually back before they finish. It's really not that hard if one makes it a priority.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:08 PM   #195

dons2346, we will be in the Corvallis area. Either is convenient. That is good info. Thanks.

Mike
FV Icy Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:29 AM   #196

We are currently living 7 months a year in our RV. We travel about 4 of those months.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SM6CWSL...98537BVETF7X2A

We use it in our shower. It works unbelievably well, my wife loves it. It does a good amount of laundry, even a pair of jeans. The spin dryer removes 85-90% of water, (depending on the fabric), we hang them to dry, after spraying them with this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UFG6260...ZYRP3P9B1G7GBX
However, for our large comforters and sheets, we use CG laundromat, (if wife thinks they are clean enough)
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote