Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2021, 03:50 PM   #1

Water pump problem

Hello all,
We are new to rvs, just purchased a 2001 Georgie Boy suite25.
I am having a problem with the water pump I think. When I turn on the pump the water pressure is very very low, does this indicate a problem with the pump and where is pump usually located?
Also in the 6 inch manual no where does it give specs about motor and chassis!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Stetravel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #2

not familiar with you rig so here is a stab in the dark
where the "water fill spigot is there should be a selector switch that will say say fill/city water or something along those lines. after filling the fresh water tank turn the lever/knob and you should have water pressure with the pump
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:01 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetravel21 View Post
Hello all,
We are new to rvs, just purchased a 2001 Georgie Boy suite25.
I am having a problem with the water pump I think. When I turn on the pump the water pressure is very very low, does this indicate a problem with the pump and where is pump usually located?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
If you only have a 6 inch manual you probably are missing some. My 06 Journey has a small soft side suitcase full of stuff.

To find the pump go outside and have someone turn it on. It should be obvious where it is. Most Class A's have them in one of the compartments. If they put it inside, it is most likely in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. I've seen them under the bathroom sink but that is rare.

Your low pressure may not be caused by the pump. Usually either they work or don't. You may have one of the fill/city or bypass valves turned on. I know on my Winnebago if I have the pump on, then go turn on the tank fill the pump will run constant, and pressure at the faucet is just a trickle. When I accidentally do this, it is taking water from the fresh water tank, pumping it through the system and putting it right back into the fresh water tank. It's also getting water from the city fill hose so it is filling but no pressure at the faucet. You may have one of those valves turned part way or all the way on.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:07 PM   #4

As the first poster alluded to, please give us a bit more info. You can add your rig to your signature, please do. That said, do you have water in the tank? Is flow low at all faucets or just one. If it's one, check the aerator or screen. Is your water heater by-pass closed? You should hear the pump running, follow the noise to the source. If you don't hear the pump running, start there.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
Travel Nurse Chauffeur

Monaco Owners Club
How long are you waiting after you turn it on to check pressure?
vyndance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:51 AM   #6

Quote:
That is because the manual is for the RV and not the chassis. They come with an owner's manual from the chassis manufacturer. If you do not have one, you can download one from online sources. What chassis is your coach built on?

Your water pump will be located near the fresh water tank. Most common place for them is under the bed, but if it isn't there, turn on the pump and locate it by the sound it makes. The may help you.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I'd bet the intake screen on the pump is clogged with sand or other debris in the water.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:18 PM   #8

When you find the pump look at the plumbing also. The PO of mine had replaced the water pump and (to make it easier?) used flexible 1/4" braided stainless lines to the RV plumbing.

It was definitely low flow and low pressure, the accumulator tank couldn't even store any water before the pressure switch shut the pump off.
Argosy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, pump, water, water pump