Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2018, 11:31 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Try some Drywash. Its too easy and works great. I have been using for 25 years.

DRI WASH n GUARD Waterless Car Wash: The Original Dry Wash!

I use the Classic of course.

Sudsy
DWG for me also, but only since 2004.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:52 AM   #30
Community Administrator

Another vote for Rejex. Been using it on all my vehicles for years.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:29 AM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Over about 50 years of driving I've found that the more work you do waxing the Vehile, be it a car (originally a 1977 AMC Hornet) or the RV (2005 Damon) the more the improvement in MPG.

That said the "M" produt (Can never remember the spelling) is good

I've also used Turtle wax

But Wax ON, Wax Off is the best way.. And I mean polished of.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:35 AM   #32
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Over about 50 years of driving I've found that the more work you do waxing the Vehile, be it a car (originally a 1977 AMC Hornet) or the RV (2005 Damon) the more the improvement in MPG.

That said the "M" produt (Can never remember the spelling) is good

I've also used Turtle wax

But Wax ON, Wax Off is the best way.. And I mean polished of.
I think you are referring to Meguire's. Best car care waxes and washes, IMO, going.

Waxing my TV has to good for at least 3-4 mpg or more (at least in my dreams)
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #33

To those of you who recommended Rejex: THANK YOU. This is soooo much better than wax was, or at least the Collinite we were using. Application of the Rejex was much easier than wax. It was quite a job for this first time because the camper was so dirty from winter and we got the Xtreme Clean (from Rejex) to clean whatever old wax was left on there so two washes for a big fifth wheel---WHEW. The camper is very slick and shiny now and I think future applications will be easy. We applied to our clean skylights and could not believe how clear they are again. They had gotten cloudy-looking. Happy Campers. I think we are going to use this on our new truck also.
BillyandKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #34

Does Rejex have UV inhibitors? Would it work on a fiberglass roof?
Old 04-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #35

Yes. There is a FAQ section on their website that is very helpful.
Yes, our camper is fiberglass. We will be always washing the camper from now on with car wash stuff. Our fiberglass shop guy had also told us the polymer sealants (Rejex) were real good to use and he said we should get some wax and greaser remover from an auto store and then wash sides with Dawn before applying the Rejex. We ordered the Xtreme Clean instead and wiped the washed camper down with that and then rinsed really good and dried and then did the Rejex. We have oxidation on the back end cap and so our fiberglass guy will buff that out and then he is going to apply our Rejex to that section for us. You can't apply it over oxidation. One tip: We ordered way too much. We have a 30' fifth wheel and ordered 1-12 oz and 1-16 oz. But, we will use it next year. We won't need the Xtreme Clean step at that time.
BillyandKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #36

Freightliner Owners Club
I order all my Rejex products direct from Rejex. They also have a great wash to use with the Rejex little to no spotting. They also have a gray/black tank treatment called Hammerhead that really works. Call them with any questions and they will give recommendations.

2016 F250 6.7
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:22 AM   #37

I use Rejex on the front cap only and Meguires paste wax on the rest. I apply the Rejex twice a year and wax the body only the one time. Actually I have it done for me when we get to Yuma every fall. Costs about $100 for a full wash and wax. I supply the Rejex. I use the wax saving car soap for the washes and use one of those big silicone squeegees to keep off water spots.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote