Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2019, 03:55 PM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You are offering opinions and you are taking some of what I wrote incorrectly (I said clean water **standards**, not real world practices, and the highway system met it's goal at the time of it's inception which you essentially agreed to).

Then you run off into the weeds with related issues that would take forever to tease out, but I won't devote that time to you or your efforts.

You seem to just want to argue, so I'm done with this. Have fun.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
You are offering opinions and you are taking some of what I wrote incorrectly (I said clean water **standards**, not real world practices, and the highway system met it's goal at the time of it's inception which you essentially agreed to).

Then you run off into the weeds with related issues that would take forever to tease out, but I won't devote that time to you or your efforts.

You are not an honest interlocutor, so I'm done with this. Have fun.
You expressed your opinion sweetheart so so did I.

That's what gives public forums the quintessential Magic.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #45

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Arguing endlessly and running off into the weeds isn't magic.
Being respectful shouldn't need to be mentioned.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodg495 View Post
Watching the news today and I see in Denver that you can park any vehicle or RV on any street or public space and call it your residence. This is becoming a really wide spread trend in the US for homeless persons. Although most of us traveling in RV's of one kind or another are not "Homeless" it is now ok to park anywhere. "Homeless" are now very protected and my city they are showing up everywhere and the local authorities do not bother them.

If I park my RV on the street I will be cited, mostly because I have assets. I will be expected to pay penalties because I can afford it and the "homeless" cannot. Where is all of this going? Are the RV's on the street parked there for weeks at a time paying some sort of property tax to help support the local services? I pay taxes for my 'real property" home. I have to have a permit for septic tank, water and power supplies. I have to pay for services like garbage, police and fire. I keep my property clean and tidy and do not encroach on neighbor's spaces.

When I travel in my RV I am mindful of where I can stay and follow the laws. Where is all of this craziness leading us to?
Rodg, You original post stated that this had already passed and was fact, so I was looking for where this was already passed and was law. I'm sorry that you misstated the facts instead of that it is an initiative of a proposed law to be voted on shortly. I'm aware of all of the sources showing that it's a proposal and not a law that is actually in effect.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #47
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Not sure what bubble you live in? Have you been to Portland Or? I live 20 miles from there. My wife works downtown in the US Bank building and rides the Max train every day.

My farther lives in San Diego. I visit often. Have you been to old town SD?

I travel to Seattle several times a year. I used to go there every other week several years ago. Have you been to Seattle lately?

Have you seen the miles of tents and garbage lining the LA river?

Open your eyes man. Despite millions of dollars spent the problem is not getting better. In fact no one disputes it is getting worse very fast.

It does not take "everyone doing the same thing. Its the few bad apples ruining it for everyone else.
I agree 100% with the above. Some people are just oblivious to what's happening. Cities where we use to like to vacation are turning into toilets, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Diego. Heck....the local police departments are now refusing to police Portland. Portland is out of control.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:25 AM   #48

The big issue I see causing this is the addiction and mental health problems the country is facing. I am currently working in hospital security, small town, critical access hospital. We have a 9 bed Emergency Department with one room that can be converted to a seclusion room. That room rarely gets cold, there is almost always a person in there that truly needs it. More often than not that person is homeless. A few days ago we had 4 crisis patients in the ED, that's almost 50% of our capacity just used for psyche. This is in a town of 9,000 that isn't hospitable weather most of the year for living on the streets. I have no idea of an easy fix for this. My heart does go out to these folks even when they are fighting with me and assaulting the staff.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:45 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
What is funny is watching all this wailing and hand wringing over a "ballot initiative" ( look that up to understand what it is)has zero chance of winning. The initiative itself was brought on to counter the policies of a popular mayor who has cracked down on the very problems that you all are whining about.

I agree and would add:

All of this is so much manufactured outrage meant to give a platform to those of the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" mindset...the economy is different now. There is a different paradigm at work. Things are not the same and many many people are living on a knife edge even though they have been productive law abiding citizens and productive to society all their lives.

They now find themselves in dire circumstances. They deserve our concern and compassion not derision. Do you think they enjoy this kind of uncertain, unstable and meager living conditions?

One poster was right. Until we address the underlying causes, this will only increase.

And consider this; how many of these people are there because of losing everything to medical bills or losing their homes in the housing debacle?

At 53 I was diagnosed with stage 4 head and neck cancer. I underwent several major surgeries, 7 weeks of Chemo therapy and 7 weeks of INTENSE radiation therapy (45 minutes every day, 5 days a week) My life was saved but it cost me over $200 thousand dollars out of my retirement. I was still able to retire at 54 and on I go.

I am luckier than most but I do know how quickly you can go from everything to nothing with one illness. While it didnt happen to me it was apparent to me that most people could not afford what befell me and keep their homes, cars and normal lifestyle.

Before you start to denigrate these folks as a drag on society perhaps you should take the time to understand their individual plights. How many of you denigrating these unfortunate folks could afford what happened to me and spend $200k and still have a decent retirement?

There but for the grace of God go I...

A bit more humility is needed here.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #50

Update on the Denver election which will be held on May 7th, not May 9th as I previously posted.
For those interested in facts instead of rumors here is a link to the official Voter Information Guide.

https://www.denvergov.org/content/de...tionGuide.html

I'm sure many of you will notice a ballot measure to legalize "shrooms" which I'm sure will be a hot topic, preferably on another thread.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 05-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
To: ThePowells and all...

True this is going to be on the ballot and is not official law in Denver. However the news reports on the issue and many other news reports I have seen lately do show and describe this condition exists. L.A., S.F. , Seattle and others are examples as well as a city near where I live. Just the fact that Officials are considering to make this "legal' is distressing. Whether it is legal or not it is happening more and more often.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I agree 100% with the above. Some people are just oblivious to what's happening. Cities where we use to like to vacation are turning into toilets, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Diego. Heck....the local police departments are now refusing to police Portland. Portland is out of control.
Don,
We were just in San Diego for a family visit and, if I'm not mistaken, they had an article on the local news channels that was aimed at the parking of either homeless or, "ugly" type (broken, windows missing, fenders torn off, bumpers missing etc. ) motorhomes, parking in front of nice beach homes etc. And, they went on to say, they DO NOT condone that, and at that time of the article, they were establishing some "temporary" parking in a lot, someplace close to Qualcomm Stadium for such vehicle types to be allowed to park. And, if I recall, there would be some 200 spots for these "folks" to park.

Now, we are from San Diego and I had a career there. There have been various varieties (if that phrase is even legal in the english language) of homeless for decades in that town. We had thousands and thousands of FD emergency runs on homeless there. They used up a ton of resources that could have been used for taxpayers. Now, I'm not gonna get in to a debate on all this stuff, all I'm saying is, there has been some effort to sort of, "control" the homeless and its varieties, i.e. old motorhomes parked in any neighborhood within the city boundaries that are not from or registered in the immediate area and, it's an uphill battle for sure.

And during the news article time slot, there were PLENTY of homeowners that were seriously adimate about the authorities doing something about getting rid of such vagrants. And, in the same time slot in the news, there were very little voices opposed to the forceful removal of the "unwanted". Now, San Diego, like other popular towns and cities with lots of tourists, wants to project a "Friendly" atmosphere to potential visitors and potential MONEY SPENDERS. So, this situation is trying to be handled most discreetly.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
Old 05-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Specific to San Diego...yes, a Federal Judge struck a law prohibiting sleeping in your car, BUT street parking overnight in a RV of any type within the city limits is prohibited under a separate ordnance:
https://www.sandiego.gov/parking/permits/torvp

The local press is incorrectly reporting that campers under a certain length are excluded...but that is wrong and citations are being issued.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 05-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Update on the Denver election which will be held on May 7th, not May 9th as I previously posted.
For those interested in facts instead of rumors here is a link to the official Voter Information Guide.

https://www.denvergov.org/content/de...tionGuide.html

I'm sure many of you will notice a ballot measure to legalize "shrooms" which I'm sure will be a hot topic, preferably on another thread.
Can't see much since I am not a registered voter in CO.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Can't see much since I am not a registered voter in CO.
Did you click on the link? That's all that's required to read the ballot measure and the pros and cons.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 05-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Did you click on the link? That's all that's required to read the ballot measure and the pros and cons.
I clicked on the link and was able to read the whole measure.
Closed Thread

Tags
rvs