Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2020, 07:21 AM   #1

Weather Pro awning will not extend.

I have a weatherpro awing that will not extend. I here a click sound when pressing button. Is there a way to extend the awning manually. (So I can get to the motor). The awning is (dont know what you call it) protected by an aluminum case. I cannot figuire how to help open or unlock the case. Thanks for your help. I did search this sight and tried suggestions but no go.
TOO LONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #2

Weather Pro awning will not extend

I just had this same issue and here are some things I learned:
-- Make sure you regularly lubricate well all of the parts of the extension arms and everywhere something moves or hinges
-- When mine would not extend, I had my wife hit the extend/retract button while a friend and I manually pulled out on the awning
-- I also found that the awning motor heats up easily and if I tried extending and retracting too many times at one once, the motor would not work
After letting it cool down, I could get it to retract or extend
But bottom line, I think that keeping everything well lubricated is the key!

Hope this helps,
Dave
dlduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #3

If you have access to the wires for it, apply 12 volts directly bypassing the switch.....one way out, reverse the 2 test wires and the motor will operate in the other direction....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlduck View Post
I just had this same issue and here are some things I learned:
-- Make sure you regularly lubricate well all of the parts of the extension arms and everywhere something moves or hinges
-- When mine would not extend, I had my wife hit the extend/retract button while a friend and I manually pulled out on the awning
-- I also found that the awning motor heats up easily and if I tried extending and retracting too many times at one once, the motor would not work
After letting it cool down, I could get it to retract or extend
But bottom line, I think that keeping everything well lubricated is the key!

Hope this helps,
Dave
Thanks for the reply. What exactly were you pulling on?
Old 02-29-2020, 08:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
If you have access to the wires for it, apply 12 volts directly bypassing the switch.....one way out, reverse the 2 test wires and the motor will operate in the other direction....
The awning is closed. I cannot get to the motor wires. That is why I asked the question "is there a way to manually extend the awning. Thanks for the suggestions
Old 02-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #6

You can access the wires on the switch......and pulling on the arms of the awning is what most would do...
Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
You can access the wires on the switch......and pulling on the arms of the awning is what most would do...
Thanks again for the reply BOB. I believe I have current to the motor because when I hit the button inside, on the remote, and in the bay I hear a clicking sound like its trying to do something.

Now to the pulling part of the equation. Which part of the arm do I pull on. Do I need to pull from the top or where is the best place to pull from.

Like Schults used to say on Hogans Heros, I know nothing...

but I am willing to learn and try anything
Old 02-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #8

Yes at top .....or as close as yoju can get
Old 02-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #9

Thanks Bob

Tags
awning