Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #15

Tomorrow go to the CG Office and ask "CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?"
Then have them walk you thru water connecting, use----sewer hose connection, use----propane system, use----etc

I've never been in a CG where the staff was not willing to help.
ASK FOR IT
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2021, 10:04 AM   #16

RV Water System

A motor home has two basic water systems. One is directly connected to campground water system. Often it is referred to as “City Water”.

The other is a holding tank with a 12 volt water pump that you fill from a campground tap.

Both systems feed into the same plumbing system.

Fresh water holding tank system:
If you are using a garden hose, you should use the holding tank system and disconnect the garden hose. You need a “potable” water hose for safe household water. Potable water hoses are usually white in color. Ordinary garden hoses will leach chemicals into the water.

Flush the garden hose well. Then connect and fill the holding tank. Next, disconnect the garden hose. You would not have to disconnect the potable water hose. It will not leach hazardous chemicals into the water.

There are two basic systems for filling the holding tank. One is a fitting on the outside. You insert the end of the hose into the opening and turn on the water. Turn the water off and remove the hose when full.

The other is through a valve in the water bay. Connect the hose to the “City Water” garden hose fitting. Set the valve to fill the holding tank. Shut off the water and remove the hose when full. Return the valve to normal position.

City Water System:
After the leak you mentioned above is fixed you can leave the potable water hose attached until outside temperature drops to freezing. Make sure the holding tank fill valve is returned to normal position otherwise tank will overflow and water will spill out in various places.

Cold Water Plumbing System:
The cold water plumbing system is simple enough. It is pressurized either by the 12 volt water pump or through the City Water hose connection.

The 12 volt pump has a switch on a control panel inside and possibly another one in the water bay. This system has a filter on intake side of the pump that can become clogged.

The pump runs only when a faucet is “on”. It may also run for a while to fill the 6 or 12 gallon water heater. If it runs continuously, something is wrong. Shut it off and trouble shoot.

The City Water system is intended to be connected to the campground water system long term. It has a “garden hose” fitting. It needs a white potable water hose to connect.

There is a screen in the garden hose fitting in the water bay or on the outside of the RV. The screen can become clogged. Pry it out and clean it if necessary.

Next there is a check valve behind the screen. Sometimes the valve can become stuck. I can see mine when I remove the screen. Gently poking the valve can loosen it.

Some RV owners install additional filters inside the RV. No telling how it works without pictures and possible owners manuals.

Hot Water:
The hot water side of the plumbing runs off of the cold water system. So if the cold water does not work, the hot water won’t either.

There are different hot water heater designs, so make and model are necessary for us to give good advice. Some have pilot lights. Some have electric ignition. Some have 120 volt AC powered heating elements. A post above says you have a pilot light type heater.

Make sure the water heater 120 volts AC is turned “off” until you are sure the water heater is full of water. The AC element will melt if it is not immersed in water. There will be a switch on the control panel to turn the AC water heater on or off. There may be another switch to turn the water heater gas burner on or off.

There is much more to learn, but hopefully this is enough to get your water system working.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:28 AM   #17

Ok deep breath....I fix the sewage it needed a connecter,but the way it's angled it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy flow you know what I mean it just seems too high up off the ground so there's not a good balance. And my stove is working my oven isn't and it's amazing how silent the stove is it's a trip but the steps working great fuel pumps get I mean fuel pump the water pump is good but it's noisy as hell and I've been keeping that pretty full in the fridge if I finally figured out the fridge my concern is like where the hose attaches to the RV for freshwater it's not that outer part of the connector that's leaking it's the one behind the plate so it probably needs a new gasket in there I used Teflon tape for the outer one and that worked fine so I need to probably get a washer for it I'm just so tired and overwhelmed but we're doing better today thank you so much for all your advice and I'm going to reread what you wrote so I make sure I didn't miss anything
Old 07-06-2021, 03:20 AM   #18

Its easy to post a pic. using the phone app. of where the leak is. If its up behind a panel that's open and just too hard to get a look but you arm reaches , you snap some pics or shoot a short vid to see things. I do it all the time and at work. MY MH has a basic inexpensive regulator as first hose connection it leaked at next hose connector behind panel. A pic could identify .

Try to organize your individual questions/issues in a numbered or paragraphed list . We and you can use the quote reply button add info / suggestions under those paragraphs, you can add what you tried and worked or not the same way . What you have tried , changes after, working or not, what you figured out on your own.

Leave the sewer tanks gray and black water valves closed until ready to dump. Black / bigger slide valve first , rinse with gray/smaller valve , close both after, as long as the valves are higher than the park pipe it will go down hill. Any low spot in hose work from RV hook up raising hose to push last water out down the sewer pipe. You can just do that a couple times before leaving .
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:51 AM   #19

And there's no water pressure in shower. It like just big drips...everything else's pressure is good.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misjudg View Post
And there's no water pressure in shower. It like just big drips...everything else's pressure is good.
Look at your shower head or if you have a hand-held shower head it might on that and see if there's a shut-off lever and turn it on. It might be on the tub faucet area if you have a tub.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Look at your shower head or if you have a hand-held shower head it might on that and see if there's a shut-off lever and turn it on. It might be on the tub faucet area if you have a tub.
I suspect TwoGypsies is right-on about this. These pics show a couple different styles of shut-offs at the shower head:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.42.18 AM.png
Views:	23
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	334948  
Attached Images

Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 10:16 AM   #22

Punctuation would also help us understand what you are trying to say.

Like others said, go ask for help. We were all newbies once, and slowly we learned, but not in a weekend.

Keep a chin up, thousands of people have learned how to operate an RV, at least now we have YT videos and the internet for research.
SergioP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:35 PM   #23
PKI

Water ----

RVs often have a built in water pressure regulator to prevent over pressure from damaging the RV plumbing. You said the plate behind the hose connection was leaking. To me that sounds like you have one of the built-in regulators and it is leaking internally. That may not be the case, but if it is, the regulator should be replaced.

Short on money and can't replace yourself, fill the on-board fresh water tank and turn off the water at the site hose connection. Use that loud pump to get water to the faucets and shower. When the tank is empty, repeat the filling process. A water leak can do a lot of damage in a short period of time.

If I have it wrong, a new rubber washer in the hose connection can make a world of difference.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:18 PM   #24

I can't remember if I sent it to you but it's a 2003 hurricane and it's 32 ft and what else do you need to know it has a Triton V10 and I got the sewage going but I need to get a different connector cuz the way it's going to it's not going to flow properly and my electricity works I still don't I got to look at the propane because my stove works but they the oven doesn't so that's weird my refrigerator is doing fine now and my water situation I need to get a washer for the inside of the where it connects to on the RV you know I put Teflon tape on the threads and that stop that leak but it started leaking from behind the place I got to take the plate off and see if it needs a gasket on the inside or something on the inside so thank you so much for all your help it's been overwhelming and I had no internet for a few days so thank you again
Old 07-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #25

I can't remember if I sent it to you but it's a 2003 hurricane and it's 32 ft and what else do you need to know it has a Triton V10 and I got the sewage going but I need to get a different connector cuz the way it's going to it's not going to flow properly and my electricity works I still don't I got to look at the propane because my stove works but they the oven doesn't so that's weird my refrigerator is doing fine now and my water situation I need to get a washer for the inside of the where it connects to on the RV you know I put Teflon tape on the threads and that stop that leak but it started leaking from behind the place I got to take the plate off and see if it needs a gasket on the inside or something on the inside so thank you so much for all your help it's been overwhelming and I had no internet for a few days so thank you again thank you so much I really appreciate it I really I really do appreciate it I will do that for sure
Old 07-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #26
PKI

The oven likely needs the pilot light lit. It takes a short period of time for the thermal couple to heat and keep the pilot light gas flow in place.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ligh...YHDACQQ4dUDCA0
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misjudg View Post
I can't remember if I sent it to you but it's a 2003 hurricane and it's 32 ft and what else do you need to know it has a Triton V10 and I got the sewage going but I need to get a different connector cuz the way it's going to it's not going to flow properly and my electricity works I still don't I got to look at the propane because my stove works but they the oven doesn't so that's weird my refrigerator is doing fine now and my water situation I need to get a washer for the inside of the where it connects to on the RV you know I put Teflon tape on the threads and that stop that leak but it started leaking from behind the place I got to take the plate off and see if it needs a gasket on the inside or something on the inside so thank you so much for all your help it's been overwhelming and I had no internet for a few days so thank you again thank you so much I really appreciate it I really I really do appreciate it I will do that for sure

Here is the owner's manual.

https://www.rvroundtable.com/wp-cont...nersManual.pdf

And a brochure:
https://z2h2u3p9.stackpathcdn.com/wp...e-brochure.pdf

Hope this helps! -Paul