Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #29

I'm not saying it didn't happen but the circumstances seem very unusual. I meet a lot of drivers, most all are Indiana Transport, in my job at an RV dealership and I haven't met one that smells of smoke and have never seen any animals. Every RV that comes to our dealership is thoroughly inspected before we sign the acceptance papers. Any smell of smoke would be an automatic rejection. Personally, I think the usual drivers are much smarter than to smoke and have animals in the coach during delivery. These two might be union, lol.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #30

I had to investigate a complaint that one of our engineers was smoking while driving a fire engine. After following up, (including the cell phone pictures of the complainant, which helped a lot), we found out it was a delivery driver for one of our new engines. Pictures from a concerned person made it valid. We now use a different delivery company.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #31

I have asthma (and react to cigarette smoke), and many people are allergic to dogs.
And sleeping and cooking in a new RV that isn't yours? That's simply unacceptable. A major benefit of purchasing a brand new unit is that no one else has slept in the bed, used the bathroom facilities, used the oven or cooktop, and that there is no cigarette or pet dander or odors. It's brand new. And the person purchasing brand new is paying a premium for this.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #32

I react to cigarette, cigar, and pipe smoke, along with wood smoke. Very to clean a place that has been smoked in and cleaned by me. Several motels tried it in the past when I requested a smoke free room. One reason I own an RV.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
Like all other unit defects, it's ignored until a customer complains and then little to nothing is done until the warranty is days from expiration. I'd doubt that the units were inspected by the dealer except for exterior damage.

Besides, they're not going to reject the delivery as that would create problems with the manufacturer and they might lose their dealership.
Exactly. I seriously doubt REV or dealership would do anything. Unless they have changed, Quality control is 0 to nuttin.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
I have pics.

I know they were transporters because they were towing a car with Indiana tag down here in to Florida with two brand new RVs and their company logo/DOT number on the paper placards stuck in the front windows, as per required by commercial transport law. I have also confirmed that that company is in fact an RV transport company employed by the manufactures :-)

It’s amazing how people like to pile on here and post negative comments. But I saw the dog, took a pic, saw them both smoking in the brand new rigs and reported it to corporate.

I didn’t make any assumptions, the only assuming going on here is by some of the people responding to this thread :-)
I agree. To me, it's the same as if you see something suspicious going on somewhere. You don't have to be 100% to call the police - it's their job to check into it. That's how the community polices itself. Too many people don't take others into consideration. Here's a quick example...

A former buddy of mine invited me for an all expense paid vacation to Hawaii. All we had to do was tile the condo floor (it was his girlfriend's condo). Apparently a 5 day job with 15 days of fun in the sun (hahahaha - you can see where this is going).

Anyway, buddy screwed everything up to the extent that he decided the job would not get done in time and that we should just quit and go to the beach....

This was a rental condo that was rented the very day we were scheduled to leave...

In other words, leave his girlfriend on the hook. I thought about it and said you can't do that. How do you know that the people that rented it aren't newlyweds that saved every last dime for this trip to Hawaii ? The condo was unusable. Point being, neither his girlfriend best interests nor the people scheduled to rent it even entered his mind.

In the end I pushed the job through and 'we' got it done. I don't know why it's so hard for people to take others into consideration - especially when their actions affect others, or can affect others.

And whatever happened to basic courtesy? I'm guessing those units you saw were upwards of $250k ? So if I was transporting one of those I would treat it as if it were the owner's prized possession...and he loaned it to me.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #35

Couldn’t agree more

Reporting it hurts no one if it didn’t violate their policies. Way to step up. If it was the new owners then corporate ignores and no harm done. If it was transporters you could feel sure this wasn’t the first time they did it
Old 08-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #36

Yes .. I know many folks who did just that
Old 08-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
See Something -Say Something

I personally would report it just to be sure. If they are transporters and breaking piolicies and contract guidelines then it is on them. I don't understand people saying oh leave it alone, it does not hurt anything or anyone. That is toally wrong, they are being paid to do a job, do the job you were hired to do within the guidelines. If not, then don't take the job. This applies to everything in life, Integrity above all else. Seems we are forgetting that. Just my 2 1/2 cents for what it is worth or not worth.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #38
tcg

I know I'll sleep better tonight knowing the citizen patrols are on guard against...

Well I'm not really sure what you're guarding against but I wonder if there are good citizens watching you guys and reporting you to the right people.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #39

This sounds like the rv police here. I wouldn't worry about someone delivering rv's. If what they are doing is wrong, they will get caught.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #40

Would you want to take delivery if this RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
How do you know it wasn't the owners doing the transport or if it even was being transported to a dealer?

My business cleans boats mostly for new deliveries. I make a good deal of money cleaning up after the captains spend a week or more piloting boats from Florida to Michigan.

Many of those come up with a captain and owners on board.

I can't believe the conclusions or assumptions that get made on this forum.

Or the need to play RV cop. Sent it to corporate? Hopefully they will do something?
Callingthe OP a “cop” is BS. If in fact it was the owners the Factory or dealership will disregard the info. If it was transport drivers violating the rules and devaluing the property assigned to them, they SHOULD be reported. Have some accountability.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #41

as one with lung problems. yes this must be reported. as tobaco smoke can put me in a very bad breathing place. not to forget the cancer risk.
i am ok with dog fur. but i know some that would end up at the emg room from it.

there choice to not obey company policys. they lose there jobs. so what, it was there choice. and what else did they spoil??.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #42

Transport drivers

I’m completely with you REDHOOKER. Its not like you were at the Flying J snooping around, you just happened to notice this, took a picture and mentioned it out here among the rabid wolves. It’s just one of those “Things that make you say, HUM”.

I also agree that you did the right thing by reporting it to the manufacturer so your mind is now clear of it. If the company chooses to do nothing about it, that’s their choice but you did what you felt like was the right thing, and I agree that it was the right thing.

If transporter drivers can’t live within the budget that they are given to do their job, maybe they should find another way to make a living. I personally think that would be a fun job, if I lived nearer to Indiana rather than in South Carolina.
Closed Thread

Tags
smell