Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2022, 03:19 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvs4602 View Post
Ha, you sound like me. When ever we vote and there's a place for a write in candidate I put my wife's name down. Maybe one of these times she'll win.
We were 30 miles away from the airstream factory east of Indian lake and storage lot had 40-50 airstreams there full aluminum no windows just a door. Are they per-building the shell and waiting for orders?
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2022, 03:33 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
We were 30 miles away from the airstream factory east of Indian lake and storage lot had 40-50 airstreams there full aluminum no windows just a door. Are they per-building the shell and waiting for orders?
Doors have arrived, windows not yet. Just a guess.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #31

Now wait for the used market to skyrocket. All the units sold over the past 3 years are going to be up for sale. Fuel and campground prices and tow vehicle prices are stopping a lot of newbies. Plus the opening of airlines and hotel/motels and covid restirctions are making them reconsider how they travel.
RV'ing isn't cheap. It's a different lifestyle that most aren't comfortable with.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 05:26 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
CW sharing: It is a slimy system. We found what we wanted at a CS 150 miles from home. We went to one CW closer to home and they said they could not do it. They pushed what they had on the lot really hard. They had nothing we wanted. A different one closer to home wanted another $20K. Something excuses about crossing state lines. We negotiated the price online and drove the 150 miles to pick it up.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:28 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Maybe some of the covid free ride money has dried up Ö sales varmints have left their cozy spots under the rocks and returned to the life of buzzardry.
What do you do for a living? I would bet the collective we could make all sorts of disparaging comments about your profession as well.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:56 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigceasar View Post
What do you do for a living? I would bet the collective we could make all sorts of disparaging comments about your profession as well.
Rv and car salespeople get a bad rap..
I think it's the negotiation that kills it for most.
There are not too many professions that do this.
You cant go into McDonalds and say " I'll give you 1.25 for that big mac.."
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 07:50 AM   #35

CW, like any successful sales business, regularly follows up on its sales leads. I wouldn't classify that as "crawling back".

In spite of all the angst directed toward CW on these threads, they seem to do just fine at staying vital in the RV world.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 11-22-2022, 08:13 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
Rv and car salespeople get a bad rap..

I think it's the negotiation that kills it for most.

There are not too many professions that do this.

You cant go into McDonalds and say " I'll give you 1.25 for that big mac.."

Absolutely agree. If a dealer wants to get away from that reputation, they would abandon the flea market approach to selling. But as the motive to possibly make a few more dollars is more important than reputations, nothing will ever change.

Iíll offer Tesla as an example. Poor design, subpar build quality, but people buy them (in part) because the price is the same to all. Buying direct eliminates the Marrakech bazaar dealing that so many people dislike. Ever talk to a Tesla owner about the buying experience? Iíve never heard one say they wish they would have had to banter with a salesperson.
The

If dealers really dislike their reputations, theyíd change. But dollars supersede what others think of them. In other words; call me whatever you want, Iím making money.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
Absolutely agree. If a dealer wants to get away from that reputation, they would abandon the flea market approach to selling. But as the motive to possibly make a few more dollars is more important than reputations, nothing will ever change.
The dealers provide timely warrantee repair service to help their reputation. CW could learn from that.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post

Iíll offer Tesla as an example. Poor design, subpar build quality, but people buy them (in part) because the price is the same to all. Buying direct eliminates the Marrakech bazaar dealing that so many people dislike. Ever talk to a Tesla owner about the buying experience? Iíve never heard one say they wish they would have had to banter with a salesperson.
The

If dealers really dislike their reputations, theyíd change. But dollars supersede what others think of them. In other words; call me whatever you want, Iím making money.

This is the same reason I buy most of my cars from Carmax.

I know the purchase price beforehand so avoid the dealer cost kabuki dance. Their website allows me to research all aspects of the car against other dealers before I commit to travel to the car lot.

I'm in and out quickly, just do a test drive, sign some docs, and I'm on my way. Relatively pleasurable experience. YMMV. Happy travels!