Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 11:54 PM   #43

I ended up buying a Predator 3500. Too many good reviews to ignore, and to easy to go get another one if needed. I bought the extended warranty. Just now in the process of breaking it in. So far so good.
mike5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 12:45 PM   #44

iGen 4500 DF

There was a request for an owner review. I had been waiting for the EU3000is Honda to come out with the remote like the 7000 did. Contacted Honda twice, the first time a year ago they said it would be spring 2021. Contacted them a second time in June, they said they had no date.

So at our family reunion I had my EU2000 great little machine. My brother had just purchased the iGen 4500. He showed me all the features and I was impressed. More power, still a quiet inverter, with the remote and more. So I purchased the iGen 4500 DF giving me the option of propane as well as gas. I just returned home from 8 days of boon docking at 10,000 feet. All was great for 3 days. Then on the morning of day 4 the problem with the red on/off switch reared its head having drained the battery. I had a spare 12 volt marine battery that I connected to the small iGen battery. That took me through the rest of the 8 days. I will look to disconnecting the bulb ground.

I ran the AC in the afternoons and the heater at night and mornings. I am happy so far.......good power, quiet, good running time on the small gas tank......
Munchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:09 AM   #45

Remote ...

I'm trying to figure out how the remote works on this unit, if you have to turn on the battery switch before you can start it, doesn't that mean you have to go to the unit anyway? How long can you leave the battery switch on?
cjmouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 12:52 PM   #46

I suspect, you will have to leave in ready to run condition, the battery should hold up fine for camping ready to run condition maybe not weeks on end. You can find dozens of online vid reviews. Skip phony collections of just online sales website comparisons that they have not actually touched one at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmouser View Post
I'm trying to figure out how the remote works on this unit, if you have to turn on the battery switch before you can start it, doesn't that mean you have to go to the unit anyway? How long can you leave the battery switch on?
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 12:19 AM   #47

Here's my remote........works every time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iu.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	359615  
mike5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 07:28 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmouser View Post
I've left the switch in the on position overnight with no problems. I like to turn off the switch and propane and cover mine when not in use though.
Old 08-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #49

iGen4500DF - one year review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchen View Post
There was a request for an owner review. I had been waiting for the EU3000is Honda to come out with the remote like the 7000 did. Contacted Honda twice, the first time a year ago they said it would be spring 2021. Contacted them a second time in June, they said they had no date.

So at our family reunion I had my EU2000 great little machine. My brother had just purchased the iGen 4500. He showed me all the features and I was impressed. More power, still a quiet inverter, with the remote and more. So I purchased the iGen 4500 DF giving me the option of propane as well as gas. I just returned home from 8 days of boon docking at 10,000 feet. All was great for 3 days. Then on the morning of day 4 the problem with the red on/off switch reared its head having drained the battery. I had a spare 12 volt marine battery that I connected to the small iGen battery. That took me through the rest of the 8 days. I will look to disconnecting the bulb ground.

I ran the AC in the afternoons and the heater at night and mornings. I am happy so far.......good power, quiet, good running time on the small gas tank......

Well, here I am one year later. For the most part I have really enjoyed the iGen4500DF. But this past June at the family reunion it quit running. Choke not the problem, replaced the Chinese spark plug with a NGK, no luck. called Westinghouse, they let me know I was just past the one year warranty where everything is covered. I have it at a Westinghouse approved shop with no spark. Westinghouse is not replying to the request for help. I am a bit frustrated at this point. I really would like it to work. I will update as answers do or do not come in......
Old 09-16-2022, 10:45 PM   #50

The fix.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchen View Post
Well, here I am one year later. For the most part I have really enjoyed the iGen4500DF. But this past June at the family reunion it quit running. Choke not the problem, replaced the Chinese spark plug with a NGK, no luck. called Westinghouse, they let me know I was just past the one year warranty where everything is covered. I have it at a Westinghouse approved shop with no spark. Westinghouse is not replying to the request for help. I am a bit frustrated at this point. I really would like it to work. I will update as answers do or do not come in......

Westinghouse stepped up, sending the electronic ignition part. All is good again. Married 45 years and campers the whole time. We love being able to be camp anywhere without shore power. Thus the need for a good generator. We look for a long term working generator in the iGen 4500 DF.