Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freqz View Post
Don’t qualify for stimulus checks here...just get to pay taxes.
Ditto. No soup for me.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #16

This a stupid rebate, half the country don't need it and the other half needs much more than this amount. This rebate should have been passed out through the unemployment agency and doubled for the one's that really need it.
I'm still trying to decide what to do with this rebate. No one in my circle of friends need it, but being greedy, we take it!
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #17

New Lever Action Rifle and 1000 rounds

What's left over I will squander on lavish lifestyle
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #18

Just transferred it to savings.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:30 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Donating 100%.....
Old 04-15-2020, 04:36 PM   #20

I plan on supporting small business restaurants via take out order in my local area then banking the rest.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:39 PM   #21

A tourist drives through town, stops at the motel and lays a $100 bill on the desk, saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs before committing to stay.
As soon as he walks upstairs, the desk clerk grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
The butcher takes the bill and runs down the road to pay his debt to the farmer.
The farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to the Co-op.
The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute who has had to offer her services on credit.
The hooker runs to the motel and pays off her room bill to the the clerk.
The desk clerk places the $100 bill back on the counter so the traveler won't suspect anything.
At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states the rooms are not satisfactory, and picks up the bill and leaves.
No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and looking to the future with more optimism.
This is a STIMULUS PACKAGE.
TMyers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:45 PM   #22

Seems like a blend of ideas. Some give it to less fortunate (thank you), some save it (how’s that help get people back to work), one donates to political candidates (really?), some have too much income to qualify for the money. Me, I plan to give mine to some waitresses who aren’t really working these days, and others who will buy stuff they need. Otherwise I’d buy something I don’t really need.

Some of my comments may offend for which I apologize but since you didn’t earn it and most likely don’t need it, nows the time to give to those that do.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:49 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Since my kids and grandkids need it more than me, they will get it. They are the ones who will be paying it back. Probably great grandkids will be paying more than their share also.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:57 PM   #24

None for us, just got to write a large check to IRS. We had until 7-15 but went ahead and sent it in to get the distress behind us! But, we are extremely luck and blessed to live in this country!!
Old 04-15-2020, 06:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
This a stupid rebate, half the country don't need it and the other half needs much more than this amount. This rebate should have been passed out through the unemployment agency and doubled for the one's that really need it.
I'm still trying to decide what to do with this rebate. No one in my circle of friends need it, but being greedy, we take it!
I had the same thoughts a few weeks ago when it was announced. It really needs to go to people that have lost their paychecks and to small businesses that had to be shut down because of the virus.

Got to thinking though, providing this support is already a big to do as it is. I can only imagine how massive an undertaking it would be trying to figure out specifically who is in need at this point in time. I'm sure it would take much longer to sort out,,, too long to be of much help for many.

On a side not,, It sure is nice seeing people here ready to help others out in this time of need. Thank you!
Old 04-15-2020, 06:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post

Got to thinking though, providing this support is already a big to do as it is. I can only imagine how massive an undertaking it would be trying to figure out specifically who is in need at this point in time. I'm sure it would take much longer to sort out,,, too long to be of much help for many.

There is a old saying "Haste makes waste"

Comment Below - Skiddy, even putting the rebate back into the bank will be like putting it into the system for others to loan against. The crime is if people just stuff the cash under the mattress.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:09 PM   #27

it should be spent back into the economy, no matter what you spend it on as long as you spend it. give it away donate it, buy your neighbors some food or whatever. still not sure if I will get one or not, down a ways on the alphabet. if I do get it, it will be for a tow bar and brake system. after that it will go the local businesses, but not the strip clubs
Old 04-15-2020, 06:13 PM   #28

Spending stimulus $

I will spend $400.00 on some medicine I need that isn't covered under my part D RX plan. Since campgrounds are closed I will stimulate the economy by purchasing a propane fire pit and a generator so I can camp on my property where I store my TT. Will spend a little on needed church repairs. Don't forget your tithe $ for church. Saving some for a rainy day/emergency.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote