Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #29

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The canister air cleaners are incredibly effective.
SuzanneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #30

If its legal where they are they aren't breaking the law. Growing up around "pot heads" in the 60s and 70s just because you smoke pot doesn't mean you are a bad person. I doubt they will be selling out of the rig because the buyers would have to "check in" to get into the park.

The OP is leaving in a few days. They are aware they have options.

The concern here and if I was a park manager I would want to know if someone is burning a crazy amount of electricity. Plus honestly its a RV park not a place to park a trailer and leave it unattended. Its a fire hazard, trailers are tinderboxes and the fire can spread to other trailers. If someone were to decide it was worth stealing it could be a safety concern.

So I would clue in the park manager. Let them decide and be glad I wasn't living next to them permanently.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Just report it already to the management or even the Police. If you are wrong...then so sorry but not a big deal. If you are right....GOOD job!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
Just report it already to the management or even the Police. If you are wrong...then so sorry but not a big deal. If you are right....GOOD job!
Playing devils advocate for a minute. I understand the whole see something, say something deal. But what's been seen? Power cords. OMG!
If something illegal is happening, I doubt it would be in an expensive RV, in the middle of a nice RV park.

"..and if you're wrong, so sorry, not a big deal." ??

Could you imagine coming back to your RV after the police tore the door apart gaining access. And all you were doing was growing fresh herbs, or keeping your reptiles warm.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
First off, it sounds as though the OP is just curious. I would be too!

Myself, i'm going to be asking questions when i see something like this going on. I'm amazed the responses saying to "mind your own business" and to essentially look the other way. If i'm a neighbor, it is my business as there could be something going on that is either unsafe or even illegal.
Precisely!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Playing devils advocate for a minute. I understand the whole see something, say something deal. But what's been seen? Power cords. OMG!
If something illegal is happening, I doubt it would be in an expensive RV, in the middle of a nice RV park.

"..and if you're wrong, so sorry, not a big deal." ??

Could you imagine coming back to your RV after the police tore the door apart gaining access. And all you were doing was growing fresh herbs, or keeping your reptiles warm.
I'd rather say something and be wrong than not say something and be right!

Weak argument..

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
There are MANY examples of people minding their own business and really bad things happening.

I’m tired of seeing our beautiful flag at half staff!

It’s all of our business if you’re doing it in our presence. And if what you’re doing is harmless, you’ll likely be happy others give a hoot.
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:11 PM   #36

What Campground

Where is this campground and what is it called. I want to be sure not to stop there!

Sudsy
Old 04-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #37

Having been an LEO in one incarnation and having been a GM for an RV park in another, my advise is to inform management of your concerns and quickly. There are a few red flags here and just the possibility scares me ! The fact that they're not around most of the time, then only show up for an outage along with that conglomeration of power cords is more than enough to warrant investigation! The flexible ducting you saw does not belong there and is a glaring fact! I've seen the results of a meth lab explosion. I spent just a moment considering the legit possibilities.....then...naw....this is all wrong!
As for those who think this is intruding or being nosy......(I will save the admins any dilemmas and hold my tongue).
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #38

I will say this though: What did we all learn from the horror in FL that cost so many young lives? Because something wasn't said or done!
Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #39

To paraphrase, if you see something (suspicious), say something. If it’s legit, it will be sorted out.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaterDoc View Post
I will say this though: What did we all learn from the horror in FL that cost so many young lives? Because something wasn't said or done!

What do you mean nothing was said or done. You're right that nothing was done but that little [mod edit] was reported to the authorities at least 18 times in the two years leading up to the shooting and the FBI new about him but failed to notify the local office. That was a failure of our Law Enforcement System.

Sudsy
Old 04-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #41

Have you even thought of asking them?
Old 04-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #42

It was still a case of someone having knowledge that could affect the outcome dropping the ball. It doesn't matter if that person is an FBI agent, LEO or a teacher.