Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #15

Can I talk about squirrels now?

1998 Georgie Boy Swinger/2005 Jeep Liberty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #16

I only want Peaceful experiences
Doesnt Everyone?
When Camping.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190603_204037.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	248408Click image for larger version

Name:	20190603_204123.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	248409
Old 06-03-2019, 07:32 PM   #17
doc

Appalachian Campers
I suggest you quit worrying about such inane issues and go camping.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
I only want Peaceful experiences
Doesnt Everyone?
When Camping.Attachment 248408Attachment 248409

Blazing fire in middle of day....
Unattended, no chairs pulled up pit side and campfire smoke wafting over into others CG site.......

Just going off topic and yanking your leg
Old 06-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #19

Dichotomy? Is that a medical term? What was the Topic of this thread again? I'm dizzy trying to follow it! Never mind! I'm with the last comment. Time to embibe a little!
Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Blazing fire in middle of day....
Unattended, no chairs pulled up pit side and campfire smoke wafting over into others CG site.......

Just going off topic and yanking your leg
Ha Ha
Yes
The closest neighbors were 100 yards away and they had a Nice fire going also.
Just cool enough that a liitle heat felt good.
The hot dogs and hamburgers cooked on the coals about dark were wonderful.
No, we dont sit on the grass to tend and enjoy the fire.

Now whats this thread all about again ?
Oldbiscut
And
This campground has archery, pistol and rifle ranges.
A mile of trap shooting sites and an 80 acre woods for Sporting clays. An awards museum and 40 plus vendors, sponsors
About 100 plus sites were filled the past Friday, Saturday and Sunday with Shooting sports persons.
Covering about 400 plus acres in Morrow county Ohio.
All sactioned events.
Disclaimer
I am not associated nor employed by

Cardinal center campground or sporting shooting events.

Just a satisfied long term customer.
For a few months every summer.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190605_073313.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	248575Click image for larger version

Name:	20190605_073728.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	248576
Old 06-05-2019, 06:39 AM   #21

A forum is a place for people to have discussions. It's the same thing as everyone standing in a room talking, but you take away the limitations of distance. Just like being in the same room, you should refrain from saying inappropriate things that you shouldn't be saying anyway. You hear discussions that remind you of stores and you tell them. Here you just type them and someone reads them later. That's how it works.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjreiffer View Post
Can I talk about squirrels now?
You beat me to it....

Rob
Old 06-05-2019, 08:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
A forum is a place for people to have discussions. It's the same thing as everyone standing in a room talking, but you take away the limitations of distance. Just like being in the same room, you should refrain from saying inappropriate things that you shouldn't be saying anyway. You hear discussions that remind you of stores and you tell them. Here you just type them and someone reads them later. That's how it works.
That’s how casual conversation works in the free world. This forum has rules and one is to stay on topic.

Rules aren’t always followed, as demonstrated by the fact that we’ve moved on to campfire etiquette on page 2.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:15 AM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With respect to the topic at hand, I appreciate the folks that try and offer advise and info about a subject I post. Human nature will cause some to drift off topic.

I am usually trying to get some ideas for repairs, tweaks, etc. I am very specific when I ask or answer.

This works fine most of the time, except very few post back their resolution. This causes loss of good info that could help others later on. Troubleshooting needs a beginning and an end to be successful.

Keep on truckin'
Old 06-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFT View Post
What I was trying to get at in my post was the dichotomy between what is considered on topic by some and what may be legitimately On Topic when a topic is one that reasonably has more than one aspect or "branches" to it.

I feel all too often interesting and thoughtful discussions are cut short by being judged "off topic". When in actuality they are still within the limits of the OP's premise.

There are thoughtful intelligent people here who can contribute interesting ideas. And while a discussion of the $15 minimum wage might be considered off topic, it is at the root of the question about low wage jobs and tipping.

And of course this relates more to the "lifestyle" issues than the "how do I empty my black tank" kind of posts.

My goal was to make folks think about how to frame a topic to allow the broadest possible interpretation of what is ON or OFF topic.
The problem is how the threads drift. when you start discussing minimum wage ,marijuana, gun rights, or tipping . It gets into politics which currently everyone is pretty much polarized left and right. There are no sane discussions of these issues and this isn't the audience or place to discuss them. The moderators here have enough experience to recognize when these drifts are getting out of control and shut them down. I may not be happy about it and sometimes I get slapped on the hands for my comments but I support what they have to do.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
It gets into politics which currently everyone is pretty much polarized left and right.

The left considers me an evil fascist bigot. The right considers me an evil god-hating baby killer. I'm pretty sure I don't fall neatly into either of those categories an am firmly somewhere in the middle. Then again, doesn't everyone think they are in the middle? Wait, is this off topic?
Old 06-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #27
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What you all seem to not realize is what you are making your judgement calls on is what is left in the thread for viewing, you have no idea what has been removed leading up to thread closings.

Considerable time is spent in many threads that you have no inklings of what is going on behind the scenes.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 06-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
What you all seem to not realize is what you are making your judgement calls on is what is left in the thread for viewing, you have no idea what has been removed leading up to thread closings.

Considerable time is spent in many threads that you have no inklings of what is going on behind the scenes.
Thanks John! We all needed that!
Closed Thread