Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2019, 08:22 PM   #1

What do you think is the best replacement shower hardware?

In out 2005 Cheetah the shower hose is leaking pretty bad where it connects to the valves/faucet. I changed the washer but that had no effect so I am thinking of changing the complete faucet and shower assembly. I reading on line the only brand mentioned with any consistency is the Oxygenics shower head and several brands of metal (vs plastic) shower hoses. All the faucet/valve units seem to be the same all plastic assemblies. If you have ever changed you tub/shower faucet system are you pleased with the function of the new unit and would you recommend it? Also, since Oxygenics makes more than one shower head which one do you recommend?
NOLAfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2019, 09:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I don’t if it’s the best but I’ve recently changed out the shower head etc in my 01 Dynasty. I simply used residential. A large shower head with 12 different nozzle settings.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:03 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasRomr View Post
I don’t if it’s the best but I’ve recently changed out the shower head etc in my 01 Dynasty. I simply used residential. A large shower head with 12 different nozzle settings.
We did the same went to Lowes picked out an adjustable head we liked and replaced the hose and head assy.
riverat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:11 AM   #4

We used the following products from Amazon. I moved the flow control button to the control end of the hose, so easier to find with soap in my eyes.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oxygenitics works even in very low water pressure, we've encountered many times.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:56 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't know how it works yet, since I just installed it, but I replaced my old shower head with a new Oxygenics. I only used the head, but the kit came with a mount to hold the shower head, and a length of shower hose. My old shower line was fine so I just re-used it.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:08 AM   #7

Oxygenics was the upgrade from the stock shower head. Very pleased with the results.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAtrailtrim View Post
Oxygenics was the upgrade from the stock shower head. Very pleased with the results.

6 votes from me. I referred it to my brother who has referred it to 4 other people who love it.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

If your problem is a leak at the faucet, Oxygenics isn't going to change that. It's a shower head and hose, not a faucet and diverter.

If you want to replace the fixture, go to wherever plumbing fixtures are sold and find one you like. Lowes, Depot, local hardware store, Amazon, etc. Then buy an Oxygenics or other quality shower head to use with it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, shower