Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
ATHUNDERDRIVER...hope I didn't offend you!!!
No, I wasn't personally offended. Maybe just have/had a chip on my shoulder given the string of recent topics of snobs, ingrates and stuff like that. I did mean what I said about respecting the experiences of many long term campers and realize I'm such a friggin' rookie that maybe I don't appreciate the "better" days.

I got my first full weekend in the new RV over Memorial Day weekend. Lots of jerks racing on golf carts and such. Might need to find a new home base of operations.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
But for those SNOBS, whether seasoned campers or newbees, I just ignore them & let them live in their own world. We use our RV for relaxation, travelling & recreation, not for showing off or saying 'LOOK AT US'!!! For me, the SNOBS are the same as a rude Customer Service Representatives. Life & RVing are for enjoyment.

Reminds me of something that happened to us recently.

An elderly lady (~80) asked if she could see inside our rig. We have a fairly new 40DP that is very well equipped and we're proud to show it off.

After taking her through the inside and answering her questions, she simply said, "Well, WE don't need all this 'showy' stuff"... and walked away probably thinking we were snobs.

IMHO, this mentality fits nicely with those who seem to have a problem with those of us who jumped right in with both feet by getting a Class A as our first RV without "paying our dues".

Can't we all just get along.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post

Can't we all just get along.

Rick

After reading the posts in many of these forums, I doubt it...
Besides, if we could, there would be nobody to talk about in threads like this one...

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
It's like a big Rose garden, lots of flowers, and a few thorns.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post

I love that saying and its so true !
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Sometimes I'm the rose, sometimes I'm the thorn. Mostly I try to be the rose.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkauffman101 View Post
When my wife and I were in the researching phase of purchasing our first RT I began reading this site. Upon completion of the purchase I continued to read this site due to the wealth of helpful knowledge I found. I have continued to visit this site daily, if not more frequently.

In one days time I have become truly amazed with some of these posts. Sure we all need to get some things off our chest from time to time, but this just amazes me with what we as a whole have become.

When I started camping as a young man, I was always amazed how complete strangers acted as friends. How strangers offered a helping hand out of the kindness of their hearts. How everyone waited to greet their next neighbors.

Reading a couple posts today makes me question what happened to the personality of campers. The recent post "are class a camping snobs" needs to look deeper. I think we are all snobs anymore.

A simple gripe about dog poop turned into complaints about perfume. Later today I read people assume tent campers will be partying all night.

I've camped in a tent. I've camped in a pop-up. I've camped in a 20-something year old camper. I've camped in a nicer camper.

When I did these things I didn't look to my neighbors jealous of their rigs, or looking down at them because mine was nicer. If that's how people are these days, or this applies to you....just stay home.

There used to be a bond at any given campground that you wouldn't find elsewhere. What happened to that bond?
Ok,,,
I'll pitch in on this ... We are fairly new RV'rs ,, Our second 'real' camping trip was 2600 miles, 11 days, me, wife, and 2 Danes ... So after two trips like that "living" in the rv,,, I figure I can add my penny worth... (not a dollar worth like full timers)
First,, being a former/current "owner/moderator" of other
websites,, I'm used to people maybe saying things on a keyboard they "might" not say or do in real... So I ignore things pretty good... when possible.
Gosh,, I started a thread on here about hooking up electric to a house temporarily and some people started bickering about what /what not to do... No biggy, like I said I'm used to it... I did get some great info from people here.
As far as being friendly,,, I find myself waving at rv's even out on I40... You see us in a camp ground,,, gas station,,, etc,,, you come on up and say hello... Be glad to let the Danes drool on ya,, (safety slobber ) we call it,,, it protects you,,,, from something..... Not too many EUROPA rv's with an Arkansas tag I figure... Just say hello to me first please... the kids do get startled from time to time......
No I'm not a "newbie" at life,,, I'm 53,, ex military,, just still have a couple virtues of my mom and dad,,, I guess,,,maybe one. " wave,, be friendly,, it really doesn't hurt...."
I didn't get offended when a couple in a $$ diesel pusher walked by our little "home away from home" in Grants NM and didn't say anything after I said hello... No biggy,,, maybe they were having a bad day,,, maybe they were snobs,,, who cares...
My little 95 rv was alot cleaner than theirs,,, wheels clean,
tires amoralled,, etc... We were having a great vacation 1000 miles from home.... And I'll say hello or wave to the next Rv'rs we see...
Oh,,, and since I didn't answer the dog poop thread,,, we got more than one strange look when the wife and I both had wally world bags sticking out of our pockets everytime we walked our "kids",, be it a rest stop along the highway,, or our campground...
for poop... Believe it or not,,, we leave a place at least as clean as we found it... It's really not hard........
Hang in there,,, it only takes one "Hello" or wave to erase allot of negative...
Darel

monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #22

Carolina Campers
We have no control of other folks. We can only control ourselves. Just because others act or behave in an unbecoming fashion doesn't mean I will. Changing MY behavior because someone is rude only reduces ME to THEIR standard!
skstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundyecoco1 View Post
As a workamper let me put in my 2 cents. People are still people some good some not so good. I have seen snooty renters as much as A'ers etc. the problem, rules are out the window. Almost no class of people follow rules any more, rules aren't made for me I'll do as I please! When u tell someone they are breaking a rule, they look at you and want to know who the hell are you to tell me I can't do which is written on the guide or map when u check in, have a problem with something in the campground, then u know who I am. There is no solution to this as there are still a lot of knowing people out there young and old, so just give em a big ole smile, honory people don't like to be smiled at cause they don't know how. Oh yeah, don't park on my grass. Just sayin.
In our past experiecnces the answer to the rule breaker is to ask them to leave. We have found two campgrounds in our travels that do just that. One in Savannah Georgia and one at Buckeye Ohio. Both review the rules with you when you check in so everyone know and understands the rules. It seems that when they review the rules with you, there are less problems. Both parks seem to be full most of the time.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think this thread has shown that most of us will take the time to say HELLO and reply with a HELLO; WAVE and return the WAVE; SMILE and return the SMILE with a NOD. As stated, we are who we are & it seems as though most of us are HAPPY CAMPERS, no matter if fulltimers, weekenders, or vactioning retirees.

To the HAPPY CAMPERS & SNOBS.......good morning to 'all y'all' with a tip of my hat.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #25

Class A? Class C? Sounds like some people have "no class." I once belonged to a cycle forum and one guy NEVER stopped posting/ranting. He took up a lot of space with useless info/drivel and always about himself. Many times he expanded what I would call the truth about his cycle, etc. His could do a 120mph+. I had the same cycle and I know 95mph was pushing it. Seemed to spend hours at work on the board. Not sure how he kept a job.

Guess you will find any/all kinds with an opinion. Good or bad, aggree or disagree.
GNHebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #26

Just a little analogy to consider: A couple went into a small store in a small town. They told the store owner they were considering moving into the town from down state. How are the people here the husband asked. "How are they where you live now?" the store owner asked. "Terrible" said the couple. "they gossip, tell lies about us, are very unfriendly and won't even talk to us!" "Same here" said the store owner.

The next day another couple came into the same store and asked the store owner the same question. "How are the people where you live now? He asked. "Oh, just wonderful! We love them, they love us, they will do anything for us, and they don't want us to leave. They are the greatest!"

"Same here" said the store owner.

Just something to think about.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #27

What I've learned is that people on sites are different than they are face to face. On here you state your opinion to a box, not a face. Where as at a campsite, well who really discuses politics out at the campfire. But even if you did, you just agree to disagree & have a beer... all is good and the subject is changed to something lighter / funnier.

I'm a pretty opinionated person and can remember having disputes on off roading websites, but you better believe that when I met that person face to face, they were greeted with a smile & a hug.

So take everything on here with a grain of salt & don't let it affect the way you camp.
kat_nda_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skstrickland View Post
We have no control of other folks. We can only control ourselves. Just because others act or behave in an unbecoming fashion doesn't mean I will. Changing MY behavior because someone is rude only reduces ME to THEIR standard!

Love That!