Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #1

My wife and I have been RV'ing since way before we were married. In fact, way before we ever met. Since our marriage we've had several RV's from a small 14' "caravan" in the UK to a 27' 5'er. Sadly, we've been without an RV for about 6 yrs due to work, kids, careers... I'm sure you understand.

Well, yesterday I went with a friend to a local dealer to purchase a class A and as soon as I walked in the doors of the dealership my senses were filled with the all that RVing has to offer. The smells of the new units just sent me straight back to the day we picked up our new trailer in '97. Now I can't wait to get back on the road. Funny, there's just nothing like seeing the country while taking your home with you.

Our last child has 1 yr left of school and it's time to start living for us again. Yahoo!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #2

My wife and I have been RV'ing since way before we were married. In fact, way before we ever met. Since our marriage we've had several RV's from a small 14' "caravan" in the UK to a 27' 5'er. Sadly, we've been without an RV for about 6 yrs due to work, kids, careers... I'm sure you understand.

Well, yesterday I went with a friend to a local dealer to purchase a class A and as soon as I walked in the doors of the dealership my senses were filled with the all that RVing has to offer. The smells of the new units just sent me straight back to the day we picked up our new trailer in '97. Now I can't wait to get back on the road. Funny, there's just nothing like seeing the country while taking your home with you.

Our last child has 1 yr left of school and it's time to start living for us again. Yahoo!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

live to camp,WELCOME to iRV2!!

I get that same "rv'ing" feeling when I'm surfing around these forums,reading posts from everyone...We recently (January) took delivery of our second motorhome,our 4th RV.

Enjoy the web site while you're waiting to make that purchase....Please jump in wherever and whenever you wish!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #4

I understand exactly what you're saying. We're currently on our 3rd RV, a '06 Pilgrim 273-SE 5er. It gets to be winter and I want to go to the RV shows...the wife just doesn't understand why we should go when we've got a brand new one out in the drive....

We made the first reservation for the summer today. The Michigan SP are filling up quickly!

Enjoy the new RV!

Wife and kid maybe friends, maybe pets, maybe not, lost look in face,
rhoevinbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #5

Thanks for the welcome back.
We used to be members here under the name "liv2camp" but after we sold our Areolite we didn't log on for a while. We changed internet providers, forgot our password and unable to remember our pw, we didn't visit for a while, that is, until I walked into that dealership - oh ya......
Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Live 2 Camp, welcome back and congratulations on the new rig. The site is better than ever. We did loose some photos from a hard drive crash but it has come back nicely. Take care and enjoy the ride!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:43 AM   #7

rhoevinbt and RV Wizard,
Since your posts I've re-read my post and realized it looked as though we purchased the class A ! Sadly, for us, it was our good friends who purchased the coach.
I think they did ok.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:15 AM   #8

Welcome back aboard.

At this moment, we're on our first major trip. We're now in Bakersfield and leaving for Temecula in a couple of hours for the National RV Rally. We're not new to camping, just
RVing.

Even with the record snow we had the last two days, we were able to get on the road. We're going via Tehachapi and there's snow there as well. The Grapevine (I-5) is closed, but we're not going to let a little snow stop us.
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #9

Yes indeed I to get the itch about two weeks after we put it away for the winter And beleve me its a long winter up here in NW Minnesota This year has been espsally long as we are going to buy a new camper this spring Last weekend we went to a show at a large dealership (over 100 units inside) and was it fun ,and by the size of the turnout I'd say there are a lot of people feeling the same way as my wife and I We still have about a month and a half to go before the season opens up but we are going to be busy camper shopping over the next few weeks so it will help the time fly bye

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote