Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #1

What is the best navigation software? Google vs Co-Pilot vs Sygic vs ???

Does anyone have an opinion on the best navigation software for RV travel?
scrowell52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #2

In addition to our Garmin 760RVLMT we use Google Maps and CoPilot (with preloaded NA maps for those times when GM has no cellular signal) extensively.
parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #3

We use a combination too. Google Maps and Garmin Dezl
Old 03-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #4

Some reviews show Sygic Truck & RV over Co-Pilot. Sygic is free unless you want the premium features whereas Co-Pilot won't even let you try it without purchasing first. I haven't used either so I wonder if Sygic is a good choice.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #5

I've never used Sygic, so I have no idea how good or bad it may be. I'll have to check it out. Another one that I like is InRoute because you can display elevation changes and several other things over the planned route.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We use the Garmin RV760LMT and GoogleMaps combination.

The dashboard Garmin unit handles the "turn by turn", close in navigation tasks. Googlemaps is used for the "bigger picture" trip planning tasks (what's the next big town on our route, what should our "end to end" trip look like, etc.) If/when we have any concerns about the route that the dashboard GPS is recommending - we compare it to what routing via Googlemaps recommends - and make a decision from there.

We like Googlemaps for a number of reasons .... it's got a huge user base (which usually translates to application stability), it works on all of our devices (phones, ipads and laptops), map data is constantly being updated and is as up to date as any mapping software is - and lastly, because it's free.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #7

Wow, I just downloaded the Sygic app and it wants $139.95 for the truck app!! It looks to me that if I want the entire USA I would have to download every single state one at a time. Am I missing something?
Old 03-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #8

Yes, 139.95 if you want the premium features, however when I looked at the features https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-gps-...and-free-usage I didn't see anything I really needed as I do have a Garmin RV760LMT and can always use Google. As it or Co-Pilot or any other are really used as a backup or for double checking a route, the free version looks like a good idea...that is if it's any good