Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
I have used Turtle Was Zip wash/wax on my cars for years, and now use it on my full body paint motorhome too. It works great ...easy on and don't really need to chamois it dry unless you just want to. When I am in a park where we can't wash and still need some sprucing up, I use a large California Duster.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Liquid Glass is excellent. I have recently been using Mequier's NXT Liquid Wax and the colors are deep rich with a glass appearance. There is a person here that does does many RVs and uses NXT Wax. You can get NXT Wax @ Wal*Mart for about $15.00... Takes two bottles for a 42 foot MH. No special buffer required unless you need a lot of extra work.
Attached Images

Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #17

Pink Glob stuff

I bought some sort of pink glob stuff in a bottle. ‘RV wash & wax “at Camping World. The instructions says 2 to 3 oz in a bucket of water. Well ..I poured some into the bucket of water and it went right to the bottom I had to steer and steer to get it to mix. Then I went to work cleaning the camper the light dark streaks wasn’t budging and over all the camper still did not looking any better. So I added more pink glob to the bucket and try again I was rubbing and scrubbing my arm off.. I have to say the camper was little cleaner with black streaks still there. I think just water would have been just as good or dish soap may have been better then the pink glop stuff. But anyway.. happy camping to all.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
my type

The kind someone else applies...!!!!
Russ & Ronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #19

I vote for Meguiars. They make a Marine and RV kit that works great. My daughter used Meguiars on her unrestored Mustang, and received the gold award at the Mustang Club of America national meet.
badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ & Ronda View Post
The kind someone else applies...!!!!
You've got my vote! Joe
Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lightbulb Polish N Polish

My Garage was always full of all kinds of Polishes... Not anymore!

I love, when somebody else puts some wax on or I use ICE..............

The easiest ON / OFF for me.... getting too old to use elbow grease up

Keep them shiny!!!!!!!

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:11 AM   #22

I vote for NuFinish. Two coats per year. No petroleum products in it. I have been using it for years, on my vehicles and on my coach. But, the older I get, along with my sciatica, I agree with Joe, "The one someone else applies."

IN RE: Peeling graphics and NuFinish, et al: Only my dark graphics are peeling. The others are not. I thought the darker ones were or may be peeling because of attracting the sun's heat. JMO
Winter Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #23

I use Turtle wax ice car wash which has wax in it and then use the ice wax to finish the job.
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use Mequier's wax on all my vehicles! Easy On and Easy Off !
In fact I'm doing my coach right now!
I also use Thetford's RV Wash and Wax, I believe that does a pretty good job in cleaning and keeping the shine up.
It takes me 3 hours to wash and dry my coach and I've just started waxing. In two evenings I still don't have a quarter of it done!
One thing though that really starts to bother me is the constant up and down on the ladder!

Regards,
RovinOn
05 southwind 37C
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
I use Gel-Gloss Heavy Duty RV Wash and Wax whenever I wash the MH and keep the finish up with Meguires Gold Class paste wax. For the weekily cleanup I use Meguires Quick Detailer or Meguires Quick Wax. It's the same thing I use on the motorcycle.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
I did some research on Megiars RV/Marine waxes and got this reply regarding using their products on decals:

"Unfortunately I don't have a single wax that I can recommend for use on decals. All of the waxes will leave a film on the decals and potentially even turn the area white and discolor it. You can use the waxes on your fiberglass , but we will always recommend that you avoid the decals so you do not get a film on them.

On of the best long lasting waxes that we offer for Boats and RV's is our flagship premium Marine wax."

tbraeunig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #27

Great topic. I have washed my MH 5 or 6 times this year, and since it is new to me, I have not waxed it yet. My 96 Pace Arrow is a Fiberglass / Gel finish so the marine wax sounds great. It really needs a compound and wax. Has anyone compounded their MH?
Old 11-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
i have compounded its a lot of work ! i just recently had it clearcoated and man what a difference ! im now going to wax it ! really made a nice difference !