Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowreef View Post
Ladyfitz and I called it first, we just didnt post the pretty picture
My apologies. The picture is what did it for me I guess, Shinny bobbles and all.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #16

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I couldn't stand it any longer- I magnified the pic, read the writing "strong tie A21Z" , and Googled it!

Shop Simpson Strong-Tie A21Z Angle Z-Max at Lowes.com

Ladyfitz wins the prize!

Pretty cheap, too.
Gonna need a good sized bit to bore out the hole for the soap dispenser, though.

Francesca
Making the hole may not be as difficult as you think. A 1" hole saw would be close to the right size and isn't very expensive if one doesn't already have one (I actually have one but then, I'm a tool addict, I don't need much of an excuse to buy a tool; tools are right up there with chocolate). It would probably have to be hogged out a hair with a mill bastard rattail file (the hole in the photo appears to have had that done; note the burr on the bottom). I measure the ceramic soap dispenser I have in my bathroom and it was a hair over 1".

You have better eyes than I do. I just blew it up 600% and still couldn't read it.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowreef View Post
Ladyfitz and I called it first, we just didnt post the pretty picture
I thought I gave credit where credit was due, acknowledging Ladyfitz's initial assessment...
And I'd like to point out, "yellowreef", that I agreed with her before you did...

Heavens to Betsy!

The "Are You a Threadkiller" thread has Permeated yet another thread!!!!

Where oh where will this Madness End?

Francesca

P.S.
One picture really IS worth a thousand words, No?
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mount with wall side pointing down and bottle will hide most of bracket. In fact some bench grinder time could make it almost invisable. GREAT idea.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #19

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Mount with wall side pointing down and bottle will hide most of bracket. In fact some bench grinder time could make it almost invisable. GREAT idea.
Mounting the bracket upside down is also a great idea. I'm not so sure taking a grinder to it would be such a good idea since that could weaken it unless one limited the grinding to only smoothing out the corners. Painting it would help prevent rust. Dipping in a vinyl compound like Plastic Dip would be more durable than paint although color selection would be limited.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #20

That bracket is a really good idea. I'm gonna look into making one for dish soap. I usually use Lava for washing my hands, but it would work great for a squirt onto a sponge to wash the dishes. I have a couple holes in the wood by the sink that need filling. Now where did I put that ToDo list?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #21

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
That bracket is a really good idea. I'm gonna look into making one for dish soap. I usually use Lava for washing my hands, but it would work great for a squirt onto a sponge to wash the dishes. I have a couple holes in the wood by the sink that need filling. Now where did I put that ToDo list?
I would prefer something like this:

Amazon.com: Better Living AVIVA Three Chamber Dispenser, Chrome: Beauty
Old 09-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Mounting the bracket upside down is also a great idea. I'm not so sure taking a grinder to it would be such a good idea since that could weaken it unless one limited the grinding to only smoothing out the corners. Painting it would help prevent rust. Dipping in a vinyl compound like Plastic Dip would be more durable than paint although color selection would be limited.
HD and Lowe's has various sizes of angle aluminum. No rust, easy to cut and work with. Pics to follow.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #23

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
HD and Lowe's has various sizes of angle aluminum. No rust, easy to cut and work with. Pics to follow.
This is starting to sound like too much work! I'm back to this:

Old 09-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #24

I thrive on working with metal. I turned my family room into a machine shop.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I like the ready made dispensers, just not they will hold up to the outside environment. I just need the one bottle of hand soap in the plumbing bay to wash up after dumping tanks etc.... I have the other style for the shower.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #26

It sure looks like a wall mount bracket for a cheese straightner. I have a number of them. I usually use the under counter mount. I hate crooked cheese. You need a different straightner for each type of cheese. Wal-Mart has them.
Greg
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #27

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahon1993 View Post
It sure looks like a wall mount bracket for a cheese straightner. I have a number of them. I usually use the under counter mount. I hate crooked cheese. You need a different straightner for each type of cheese. Wal-Mart has them.
Greg
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
My take, too...
I'd add:

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote