Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
No con, just incompetence.

Agree on the incompetence. Running a con game or scam requires some forethought, planning and execution - all things that appear to be in short supply at the House of Lemons.... er, Lemonis.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 03:00 PM   #16
JDT

I guess a minority opinion is okay. I have nothing but good to say about the Tulsa Camping World. I had 3 slide toppers installed with the $59 per item installation sale, plus they matched the best price I could get for the toppers. The work was done to my high standards. Granted I haven't bought an rv from them so maybe I just got lucky. I will say the staff was very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in making sure I was happy.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #17

The problem is they run an ad on an item without stocking extra inventory not knowing how much the demand there will be,then when demand is high they have to order more from their supplier because they don’t want to have thousands of dollars tied up in inventory.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
I guess a minority opinion is okay. I have nothing but good to say about the Tulsa Camping World. I had 3 slide toppers installed with the $59 per item installation sale, plus they matched the best price I could get for the toppers. The work was done to my high standards. Granted I haven't bought an rv from them so maybe I just got lucky. I will say the staff was very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in making sure I was happy.
What happens in Tulsa, stays in Tulsa, I think. Bob Hurley RV is a great dealer with an excellent service team.

Too bad Tulsa can't export those experiences to other dealers in other cities.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
There really needs to be a dedicated CW Bashing forum.

You’d could either rush right to the posts every time you log into iRV2, or you could simply ignore the entire forum.

Choices! A good thing.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:18 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Nfpa/nec

Seems like i saw an article about these not meeting current codes/standards or I have it mixed up with something else.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
Amazon warehouses the material separate from the manufacturer. Especially Prime eligible products. So they can ship ASAP and meet their promises. Their shipping logistics are second to none.

My guess is camping world has fast turn products in their warehouse as well and when out of stock, will have the manufacturer ship direct which takes the time. CW's warehousing and shipping logistics is no match for Amazon.
That is an excellent point about Amazon. I still compare prices with ebay but more and more often they meet and beat prices and their prime 2 day delivery is seductive. I am getting close to spending the $119 for prime as much as I detest it.

I have never bought or serviced an RV at camping world. I must say though their retail stores are great. They send me promos/coupons. I live about an hour from their St. Augustine store. Maybe once a month I stop by. I am confused about this vendetta against Marcus Lemonus. His TV show "The Profit" is engaging. He has a great personality on TV. Out of stock, on sale items and what happened to the OP is not something he owns. It is rampant/common in this type of retail business.

Fair winds and following seas, Friz
Old 08-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo19Irv View Post
I saw a Camping World ad for a 50amp Auto Former so I stopped at an outlet, none in stock, back ordered. Went on their web-site, back ordered till 8-7. Next time I checked now back ordered until 8-14. I called their order dept and was told I could order it and it would be shipped after the 14th. I called 8-20 and was told it is still back ordered and they don't know when it will come in. I called again and said to cancel the order, now I was told that they have it in their warehouse ! I don't know what kind of games they are playing but I don't want any so I ordered it on Amazon and got it in two days.
Everyone is out to get you?, see reply #1.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 08-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #23

A back ordered item for an RV at the height of RV season certainly isn't any surprise. I was in the motorcycle business for years, and lots of stuff got back ordered as the season end came closer. Suppliers don't want to sit on inventory through the slow months.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 08-21-2019, 09:17 PM   #24

Just a month or so ago CW had the best price on the Tow Defender from Roadmaster. It was stated up front that it was on backorder and would ship on a specific date a few weeks out. As the date approached I got an email from Camping World stating the ship date was being moved out a week and gave me a number to call if I wanted to cancel the order. I didn't and low and behold it showed up at my door on the originally scheduled ship date directly from Roadmaster.

So...best price, pre-notification of being on back order, pre-notification that my order may be late with an offer to refund if I didn't want to wait...order shows up as originally promised. No problem with my experience...exactly how I would want to be treated.

I still shop aggressively for anything I buy and when CW has the best price, I've never had an issue with them delivering as promised. Just my experience and certainly others may have bad experiences.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #25

I personally stopped purchasing anything from them almost 3 years ago. I find it elsewhere, or go without until I do. It is great to have options.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
He specifically stated during an interview that he could care less about warranty issues after the sale, he just wanted to sell RVs and be done with the customer.
It could be worse, for instance if he couldn't care less.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
It could be worse, for instance if he couldn't care less.
If he couldn't care less then he'd reached his limit of caring. But he proved that he could care less...by the way he ran CW after making that statement. From what I was reading it seemed to get worse with more and more online complaints.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
This thread is closed thanks to those that chose to violate multiple Community Rules.

Thanks to all those that posted within the rules!

Site Staff
Closed Thread

Tags
camping, camping world